Semi Excited Newbie here -LA CA | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Semi Excited Newbie here -LA CA

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by VOKS7780, Jan 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VOKS7780

VOKS7780 Karting

Apr 2, 2020
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    VIC OVASAPYAN
    Thanks Jeff and hope I'll see you around one of these days. I love doing Malibu runs here and there during Spring and Summer times

2. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    it still have that "hicky" on the top of the drivers door?

the only thing i think it needs is an updated shock ECU (if tomy ever did it)

3. VOKS7780

VOKS7780 Karting

Apr 2, 2020
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    VIC OVASAPYAN
    It still does where the metal meets the rubber trim. First I though it was bad bondo or something like that but I checked it with the paint meter and it did not detect any paint work so not sure what happened? Did you ever ask JP about that?

Why ECU Update? I don't get any codes or anything like that. Maybe Tomy got it done?

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Vic- She does not have HGTC shocks, just HGTC springs and the FHP (21 mm vs 19.5 mm HGTC) rear anti-roll bar.

VOKS7780 likes this.
  5. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    no, delivered from the factory like that. how it made it past inspection at the factory.....

I had the front bumper and the rear black lower trim resprayed for cosmetics.

Terry provided me with the european suspension setup and i had FOA install and align everything. I never noticed anything at speed but slow drive over a speed bump and i could sense the stiffer springs overpowering the shocks is the best way to describe it.

6. VOKS7780

VOKS7780 Karting

Apr 2, 2020
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    VIC OVASAPYAN
    Oh oh thanks for the explanation. I was surprised to see adjustable coilovers on it, did these come factory like that?

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Affirmative, all modern Ferraris have coil-overs. Late model 575Ms and HGTCs have different shock mounts from the early cars and changing to late or HGTC shocks is expensive because both shocks and mounting hardware/bushings must be changed.

F456M and VOKS7780 like this.
  8. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Congrats! I have the same color combo. Super elegant. Actually drove to work today, realize every time I drive it how timeless this car is.

F456M and VOKS7780 like this.
  9. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    The best. Why save it? Use it. While it is still legal. Norway has now started to build a zone in Oslo city and Trondheim city where diesel and gas powered cars are illegal to run on public streets. Several other European countries have for many years had zones where only the very pollution friendly cars can go. It is just unbelievable.

LeoBRK and VOKS7780 like this.