Aston Martin DBX (Aston's New SUV) | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Aston Martin DBX (Aston's New SUV)

Discussion in 'British' started by Astrid.Didier, Nov 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    Very glad to hear such a positive testimonial.

It was distressing to watch AM when they tanked. AMGDF hit some low points in March, but I'm happy the strength of the brand garnered enough attention to bring in Stroll. Since then, at least the stock market has responded well to the perceived stability, the DBX roll out and sales potential, which bodes well for AM's ability to sustain some growth.

Fingers crossed.
    - Art

2. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    I test drove one a while ago.. .very nice ride, really flows well.
    I agree with some... it's somehow pointless. electronics suck as do some nice-to-have for a premium car (no soft close, massage seats etc).

3. tamiami

tamiami Karting

Mar 14, 2007
    I drove the DBX in November and ordered one. Good looks, ride, handling and power. The base price was announced then to be under 180 and not sure what my number is because of a last minute change in spec. Hope to get it in March. Obligatory pics soon after.

4. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    I live in an area where it's not unusual to see the Bentley SUV, the Lambo version, and the Taycan, amongst others. Although the Taycan isn't a truck, it is pretty pricey for the brag factor involved. Seeing it in person, though, it's a pretty cool car.

It's still beyond me why someone would want to pay that much for an SUV, but there is a market, and their drivers undoubtedly enjoy the one-off personalized experience in the SUV like they do in their sedans ands sports cars. I'm too practical, and have a Macan S I may just re-badge with some AM wings lol. I am loosely shopping for a Vantage (2016 model, not a new one) now that I know how to drive their Sportshift II.

5. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    WilliamB likes this.
  6. tamiami

tamiami Karting

Mar 14, 2007
    ryalex likes this.
  7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    The DBX exists to save Aston Martin Lagonda through American tax incentives. ;)

SUVs like this with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of over 6,000lbs qualify for a first year tax deduction for a business owner, up to 100% of the entire price in some circumstances. A DBX buyer can take a massive deduction on their taxes in the year they buy it, even if it is financed for longer than that.

Note this is not the actual weight but a theoretically cargo-loaded weight - Cayenne, Urus and other crossover-sized vehicles qualify. Even some heavy sedans.

carguyjohn350 and GuyIncognito like this.
  8. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  9. Pawilly

Pawilly Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    This from "The Smoking Tire":

F2003-GA likes this.
  10. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    Test drove a DBX today for about 40 min and have to say it was far, far better than I expected and easily one of the best SUVs I’ve ever driven. Really fast; great power in the torque band (still a bit of lag as expected), leather quality was fantastic, very comfortable, great braking, and incredible handling for an SUV. Loved the seating position and the car doesn’t feel nearly as big as it is. Honestly blown away compared to my expectations.

ryalex, F2003-GA and WilliamB like this.
  11. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    I like the DBX a lot for the same reasons as you do David BUT dislike the fact that it has an old, by Merc discontinued, entertainment system! No finger-touch control etc. and feels like I am being put back in time. The functionality is less than what I currently am used to and is something I find unacceptable for a car of that price range! That is for me the reason why I'm put off.

DJP likes this.
  12. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    I didn't really test out the infotainment but it seemed ok to me. There was some noticeable lag in the menu/selection changing like when changing to Sport mode. Kind of annoying. Amazes me that these manufacturers can't solve that problem with how fast computers are in 2021...

WilliamB likes this.
  13. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    ryalex likes this.
  14. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  15. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  16. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    well, I mean 2,186 ? :rolleyes: We're not talking big numbers here. :D But, if it's enough to keep the business afloat, that's a good thing. :)

17. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I see the Cullinan, Bentayga, Urus, and G63 regularly in my area of FL, but have not seen the DBX driving around. Rapide and Vantage and DB11 yes, but not the DBX for some reason. Not sure why...maybe they came too late to market compared to the rest and people already got their $200k+ SUVs for the next few years.

18. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I'm looking into DBX's now...was originally shopping for G-wagons but I'm not rahtard nor wealthy enough to pay the $75-100k ADM.

19. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Less than 24 hrs after my post yesterday I finally saw one in person as it drove by in the opposite lane. Thought it was a Macan from afar, but obviously AM when I saw the grill and lights. It was a very dark red/ruby color. Was okay...nothing special looking imo...looks too much like a Porsche proportion-wise.

Andynyc likes this.
  20. gtjoey

gtjoey Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2014
    The LACK of i phone chargers and plugs and terrible layout for water or coffee doesnt help either.
    I tried to like it but.........Ehhh, its 50 to 80 grand more than many other TRUCKS in its class.
    Sadly an Infinity for 50 grand total blows it away.
    GTJOEY1314 DB2,DB4,DB4,VANQUISH, VANQUISH MAYBE A DB5 :)

21. DJP

DJP Karting

Jun 9, 2013
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I test drove yesterday…from my POV it drove very well and I was happy with the interior. Leather over the speakers is a nice touch. A little disappointed with the exhaust but Im not looking to make music with my daily driver.

The problem for me is what others have mentioned. I am having a serious problem with the dated infotainment. I just can’t begin to understand how it’s not a touchscreen. I mean…my 2007 lexus rx450h has a touchscreen.

I also have a problem that there is no sunroof. Every car we own is either a convertible or has a sunroof. I‘ve come to rely on that extra ventilation.

Anyhow, absolutely the most handsome exterior in my eyes when comparing to the alternatives.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    My 2021 G63 didn't have a touchscreen either. The Urus on the other hand does everything very well.

DJP likes this.
  23. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    I drove one and liked it. But not for the price.

I still cannot accept the Mercedes outdated electronics, Mercedes drivetrain, and especially the Aston depreciation. Not to mention, the narrow market to resell.

And that’s from a once Aston geek with multiple Aston’s, modem and vintage.

DJP likes this.
  24. DJP

DJP Karting

Jun 9, 2013
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Yah…I’m with you.

Thanks for chiming in given your experience with Aston. I have so little - I just fell for the look and feel and mixture of luxury with some power.

Aston has their release in a few hours. I believe the new dbx will have 700 hp to claim the top suv hp bragging rights for a few months until the Purosangue is released. I think it’ll add another $50k to the sticker. I just wish they’d fix the screen :c)

I don’t feel the urus is a practical daily driver and I can’t get the Purosangue even if it were a daily. I’m looking for something that’s luxury first with a bit of power so for me that leaves the dbx or Bentayga.

Sure there are some excellent suv options (audi, Porsche, Range Rover, etc) but because I’m running out of garage space I would like to fill it with something that is new to me.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat