430 - Scuderia Exhaust Options/reducing engine bay heat | FerrariChat

430 Scuderia Exhaust Options/reducing engine bay heat

Discussion in '360/430' started by MiamiScudLover, Jan 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MiamiScudLover

Jan 21, 2020
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hello everyone. I am running a stock exhaust on my scud. I was on the fence about replacing the exhaust but now wouldn’t mind some additional sound and really want something that won’t be a massive can that produces so much heat like the stock muffler. I would like to keep the stock headers and cats for now. The S Line valved x pipe looks like a decent option but I’m a newbie on this subject. Any help or ideas would be very helpful. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. DeTomasoGTS74

DeTomasoGTS74 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I am not aware of a valve option for S-Line but I installed and S-Line on my Scud and am very happy. Not only does it sound significantly better it removes the hot exhaust that was up high and over 20lbs.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    I recall somebody mentioned that they installed valves on an S-Line, but I don't recall. Not sure how they did it though.

You could look into Kline Innovation if you want. Definitely the highest quality exhaust that I've seen thus far. It can be made in Inconel, or Stainless Steel for a cheape ralternative. Lightweight, sounds amazing too.

4. zboost300

zboost300 Karting

Jan 27, 2019
    Kline innovation, same high pitch as s-line, excellent quality, valved so it can be loud or quiet, and also cheaper.

And yes... I said same high pitch as s-line, I had Sline and removed it to install the kline.

Check my IG for sound comparisons @2jzboxers

armedferret and ShineKen like this.
  5. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Jda550911 likes this.
  6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i ordered a larini for my scud...headers, 200 cel cats, and muffler but have not received it yet.
    @ShineKen has alot of experience with exhausts.

7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Saw your vids. About 2-3 vids on your page correct? F430 setup.

What headers do you have? Stock cats correct?

Still stock cats with the Kline setup?

8. Jda550911

Jda550911 Rookie

Jul 1, 2020
    Florida
    Full Name:
    James
    I'm in the exact same predicament - on the fence about exhaust, but thinking about heat might tip me over the edge. If I pull the trigger it will be S line, and I'm going to get their titanium heat shield too.

Those temp stickers are really cool. If I do order S line, I'm gonna get those and test before and after heat shield!

9. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Mark, I had this Capristo exhaust on my SCUD for a while, good build quality, looks great but doesnt really reach the high notes

10. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    In fact you are better off just by changing the cats to 200 cell, its much cheaper too !!

11. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Best solution for heat management?

Buy Larini headers that come with Inconel shielding or buy headers of your choice and get them shielded by Thermomet in UK.

Remove stock cats and replace with straight pipes, 100, or 200 cell cats. If cats, get them shielded by Thermomet. Or buy Inconel cats from Kline. I have brand new 100 cell inconel cats from Kline for sale in the classifieds.

Same with muffler. Get them shielded by Thermomet. Or buy Inconel.

S-Line is just 304 Stainless Steel pipes. They need a proper shield wrap, not a shield cover.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    Just as a FYI, the S-line heat shield only shields the adjacent face of the airbox. Their description makes it sound like its main objective was to cool down IAT as opposed to controlling radiant exhaust heat

Manda racing and Jda550911 like this.
  13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    colorfull and Bas like this.
  14. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Jda550911 likes this.
  15. zboost300

zboost300 Karting

Jan 27, 2019
    On my profile I have a bunch of highlights comparing them directly.

https://www.instagram.com/2jzboxers?r=nametag

16. zboost300

zboost300 Karting

Jan 27, 2019
    Headers and straight pipes.

17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I saw the latest S-Line vid on your page and it appears you had stock cats at the time? So, with Kline you have straight pipes? Just trying to see if you made apples to apples comparisons. Cats or no cats changes F1 tone quite a bit.

18. zboost300

zboost300 Karting

Jan 27, 2019
    Only the first 6 vids under "s-line exhaust" are with stock cats. Everything else is straight piped.

Bas and ShineKen like this.
  19. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    #19 RichardCH, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    ShineKen likes this.
  20. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    but whatever you do u need 200 cell cats so would start there, before you do anything else

21. zboost300

zboost300 Karting

Jan 27, 2019
    Also in the "Kline vs S-line" tab you can clearly hear a perfect comparison.

Same road
    Same camera
    Same wide open throttle runs and shift points

You can hear what I mean by "cleaner" sound of the kline, and after listening to them back to back I honestly I'm not sure, but the kline may be slightly higher pitched; either way they are too close to tell apart.

22. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Pogea appears to have a smaller muffler box, which might be better for volume. I do think the Kline muffler box could use a 25% increase in volume, but thats just me :).

23. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    with a standard F430 just fit OEM challenge headers which are 1/3 of the price of aftermarket alternatives with 200 cell cats, no need to change the muffler

24. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    but with the valves open on Kline its a straight thro x-pipe. muffler size doesnt matter but the cats do

25. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    True. But for those wanting the stock valve function (no valve remote) even with 100 cell cats, you can barely hear anything driving normally. You’d have to get on it.

If the muffler box is sized and baffled minimally, I believe you can achieve the perfect setup without a valve controller.