Murcielago or other Italians AIRBAG?! | FerrariChat

Murcielago or other Italians AIRBAG?!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Doc_Dent, Jan 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    Hi guys,
    So my mechanic was servicing my 2006 Murcielago (gated), and he discovered that there is a resistor (chip) along with the wiring for the AirBag (drivers side).
    It was strange to find that out. the airbag warning did come and go,( we did programming elsewhere about a year ago regarding the issue)
    The car has no indication of any accident to suggest that airbag has been deployed, but still worried about finding out about that.
    Any ideas?

Owned the car for about a year and a half now.
    THX

2. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I’m not sure what the question is here?

3. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    Discovering the bypass now, is it an indicator of a serious problem I should've been informed about before? 4 example a concern of an accident in which the airbag has deployed? Or it might be common to have a failure of airbag system and that's it?

Note: no suspicion of any previous accident until now.

4. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    It may be an attempt to fix an airbag warning light issue. The murcielago is well known for airbag lights due to contact issues with the clock spring in the steering column. Research it on some of the Lambo forums and you’ll find lots of information on the subject. It’s unlikely you are dealing with an accident issue on your car. I hope this helps.

5. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    Great Info.
    THX

6. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    Got some good news.
    Both airbags were checked not were not deployed.
    So that is a relief for now.