812 VS Rumors | Page 126 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    A brand new V12 is a huge investment.
    If this rumor is true we should see it in the next hypercar, but also with the 812SF replacement, the next icona and the purosangue.

2. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Not yet, the replacement for the La Ferrari is being tested at the moment in a 488 shell, I was told it has a different new engine, well the one they are testing has.

9nb and of2worlds like this.
  3. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    what it takes to developing their new v6? is't too much for a 40 billion$ company to develop another one?

Wheels1 likes this.
  4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Fully agree with you and I strongly hope this rumor will be true.

5. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I seriously hope 1 of the launch cars for the 812VS (MM??? :) ) will be a bianco .... Fuji? Tartan? ......

6. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Hopefully with a bicolour roof option ..... and insane sound ..... I’m feeling childishly excited even though I promised myself I wouldn’t be ! My self control is zero!

7. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    $4B

8. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Given that they are switching over to hybrid for V6 and V8 the chances of V12 dying are close to zero. In fact some reliable sources have even hinted that the next V12 is not hybrid. People have been busy killing the V12 since the F12 came out. IMHO there will be a V12 till 2030 at least when the stupid no ICE rules are supposed to kick in (which I find near impossible to believe that it will actually happen).

9. j34

j34 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 13, 2019
    USA
    Full Name:
    J
    I sure hope so! There are big EU emissions changes well before 2030 that cause some challenges for the unassisted V12.

10. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    My guess is that the hybrid V12 will arrive somewhere around 2025.

11. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    My guess is that Ferrari will make the V12 carbon neutral with synthetic fuels within the next couple of years. Similar what Porsche is planning to do with its whole 911 line-up.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    35-40 billion if we consider market value...

13. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    This is the real breakthrough and should excite us all when trying to reduce 360 degrees emissions .

Caeruleus11 and red passion like this.
  14. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    yes you are absolutely right. it was in my thought also. if they spending big money developing new power-train, why not make it compatible with synthetic/biofuel or whatever- which will require some modification in the engine. from 2026 f1 wants to use bio/syn fuel, assuming ferrari will gain expertise on that particular area

red passion likes this.
  15. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Are you sure that factory will have final approval on the VS list?

16. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Ferrari design is all about engines and it would surprise me if there weren't two new generations of engines in development at any one time. They just don't quit and restart engine development from scratch. Their staff has to get paid every week.

Now the sheet metal staff could stand to be laid off but that's a different discussion.

17. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    If the car is a limited-number production (last I heard indicated both the coupe and the open top car will be) then they will follow the same process as for the TDF. Which means the factory creates the initial list of eligible clients, then the dealers pitch other names that should be added (or replace names on the list) and final approval sits with Ferrari.

Again that is assuming they make it in relatively low numbers (eg 799 coupe and 499 aperta). If they decide to make 1500 of each, it will be a situation similar to the Pista and dealers will play a major role in deciding who gets one on the basis of the build slot allocations they are given.

Perhaps other Fchat members know more or have more recent information. The last time I discussed this with someone who had first hand knowledge was 3 months ago and indicated 2 limited number productions, with the VS coupe being more common than the VS aperta.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

18. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Both limited. Def. not like the Pista as so many customers are now super pissed off by the sales strategy scam, telling clients how hard it is to get this super special series but in truth wasn‘t even that hard. That is also why the Pista allocation process varied vastly among dealerships. Some clients had to buy a Lusso or Portofino whereas some people were able to order a Pista as their first Ferrari. Hence different dealers/sales people took advantage of the clients gullibility to different scales. Dealers were just told “allocate good clients with Pistas”. + They were also provided with a Criteria checklist, which some dealers clearly ignored. (See attached photo) With the Pista Spider there was an actual list from Ferrari. But there as well, know a guy who only bought one 812SF tailor made new and purchased a used Lusso and got an allocation. Others, who own more than 5 Ferraris didn’t... Big big question mark!!!

That is amongst the reasons why they want to make the 812VS limited again. The # of units still unclear for both open and closed 812VS. Most probably the spider will be more limited. Criteria also still not clear. But what I was told the process changed compared to TDF. First dealers compile a list of top clients that they think deserve one then Ferrari will communicate criterias and then will have the last say.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Roger Xu and of2worlds like this.
  19. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Don't be surprised if the only "invitation" is who orders first (like the SF90), after that, I predict unlimited (time-limited) production of both coupe and spider (for up to 2 model years). It truly is the end of the world for the V12 supercar and I see no reason for a public company to restrict its income.

For reference, look at the 812SF, literally discontinued after 3 years production! I think Ferrari will make every attempt to sell as many as they can while they can (i.e. significant EU restrictions on the way, Euro7 is looking more and more draconian and its specifications are not yet even published - could be by end of year).

ForeverCar likes this.
  20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Very informative. "ADDICTED" is certainly a descriptive adjective! :)

Tommy Boy likes this.
  21. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    The bottom line is the kicker- transform the ADDICTED to the ADDICTED PLUS- a chapter right out of the drug dealers handbook!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

of2worlds likes this.
  22. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    VS will certainly be numbered Apertas- coupe I’m guessing possibly could be time limited , but I believe also numbered..
    With regards to it being the last NA/non assisted V12 - it may not be - imho there could potentially after the VS be a final final super VVS With ultra limited 200 coupe and 200 Apertas- just a possibility that would add to the RACE share profits without Much more RnD

23. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Regarding the "last" n/a V12 - who knows. IMO the 812 will be the last "standard production" n/a V12 and the 812 successor will have some sort of hybrid/assisted V12. + Why the heck is everyone thinking that "time limited" is relevant? Stop buying into the sleazy sales guy talk. They said the same for the 812GTS. What does that even mean - jack shi*... Think of it, 812SF discontinued, GTC4Lusso (V12) discontinued, Monzas will soon be done. So the entire V12 factory line is dedicated to pumping out a ton of 812 GTS. Meaning - not exclusive hence forget the entire time limited. Doesn't mean anything. Do I care - yes I think their philosophy is miserable and will in the long-run cause the brand to lose superiority. Did I stop buying - hell no, because what else is there. My GTS arriving in couple of weeks and I can't wait. Regarding 812VS, I think both will be limited. Maybe 812 coupes and 499 spiders... Name, my guess 812 MM.

Shack likes this.
  24. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    The obvious thing to do is make a V12 from the new V6, using common bore, bore spacing, components and accessories so reducing development costs.

Couple of things against this are if the bore/stroke ratio designed for a turbo cycle will work well enough for a N/A cycle, though this can be fixed if changes are minor. Also, if LB V6 is a 120 deg. bank angle—will still be good for a V12–engine bay width may be an issue especially for front-engine installation.

jpalmito, of2worlds and red passion like this.
  25. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    There are a few problems with continuing to use the big V12, firstly it has reached the max power output, I think they can only get about 30/40 BHP out of the 812 engine if they are lucky and keep it reliable.

The other is, with all the new emission rules they will have to make smaller displacement engines and add electric motors to boost the power to conform, that is until they have to be fully electric which for us in the UK will be here before you know it.

Enjoy the noise while you can. :)

JTSE30 likes this.