TPMS Warning | FerrariChat

TPMS Warning

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by DarrenP, Jan 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DarrenP

DarrenP Rookie

Feb 2, 2015
    Hi everyone,

Got the message “TPMS Temporarily Inactive” together with “suspension control system failure” on my 488.

I’ve been away for 4 weeks ( left the car on trickle charger ) and took the car out first time on Friday. Went for 30 mile drive and everything ok. When I returned to the car after couple of hours, upon start up I got the messages. Also the puncture light is illuminated. Tyres look ok to me and she drives perfect but I cant get rid of the messages. Also wont let me bring up the tyre status screen.

I will call my dealer tomorrow but just wondered if anyone else has experienced the same and if there is a quick fix. Maybe its an overactive sensor???

2. jdlegg

jdlegg Karting

Dec 22, 2009
    Bryan
    Full Name:
    James D
    My '19 488 occasionally throws "lift system failure" messages after I back-out of driveway and attempt to get going before it's fully lowered. Turn off/on again always sorts it out. Perhaps this will work in your case?

3. DarrenP

DarrenP Rookie

Feb 2, 2015
    Thanks.

Tried this many times but no effect. Strange, and now the left hand status screen doesn’t respond at all.

Will be on the phone to the dealer first thing tomorrow.

4. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Have you actually measured the tire pressures?

5. Dr. Oscar Berube

Aug 10, 2017
    Eckersweiler Germany
    Full Name:
    Oscar Berube
    Darren: I purchased a TPMS tool from Tire Rack. It will identify and measure the battery in your rim. My TPMS wheel devices in my Superamerica (Euro Version) only lasted about 8 years. When ever I have new tires installed I check the batteries. That is the time to replace them. I do not know if high end tire shops will advise customers when new tires are mounted. It would be a wonderful service for their customers. Tire Rack also has those batteries. I have heard that the newer batteries last longer. The tool is great for measuring the batteries on any of your neighbor's cars who throw a warning light. When Uncle Sam told us we needed TPMS he did not tell us how expensive they were to replace. Oscar

6. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Are the TPMS batteries replaceable?

7. 26street

26street Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2021
    Westchester New York
    Full Name:
    Mark k
    Depending on the type of sensors used I believe there’s 3 types 1 has a your mom aluminum stem 2 is a replaceable rubber stem and last is a band that is wrap around or clamp to the inside of the rim
    As far as battery the vehicle will check the TPMS and the EVAP system about an hour after the car was driven and if there is a problem the body controller will recheck more frequently and draw the battery down
    If the system passes the controller will shorten the time it tests

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    On the California series (I have a Portofino),you have to replace the whole unit. Member dinoart found some inexpensive units from MORE SENSOR;I think they were $80 for four.