360 - Anyone with a 360 also have FF? | FerrariChat

360 Anyone with a 360 also have FF?

Discussion in '360/430' started by 550nitis, Jan 10, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Anyone also have a FF in addition to the 360? Considering adding one to the little guy. Any thoughts?

2. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    I prefer how the GTC4Lusso looks but I could see it eventually replacing the 911 as the 360's "grown-up car" counterpart. Should be a good combination!

3. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    I used to have a 360 Spider, but that was many years ago. Now I have an FF

4. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Exactly! Looking to replace the 911.

Dewinator likes this.
  5. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    How's that experience been with the FF. Can you elaborate on what you like and dislike? Won't be getting rid of the 360.

6. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    I love my FF, a lot. I actually don't want to sell it, and it I don't move it sometime this month I'll just keep it in the garage.

I can daily drive it, the 360 I couldn't. It still turns heads but doesn't attract the wrong attention. It's also very very practical.

What I don't like
    - the speakers/audio system are so so, but that's also because I'm spoiled by r/hometheater
    - headlights are so so, but that's also because I'm spoiled by my RCF's triple beam LEDs

I can't think of anything else I dislike about the FF, I'm a pretty easy going person, I am lucky I don't have any sticky interior pieces

I've made many runs to Home Depot to pick up home-repair stuff with my friends in the FF, it handles 'normal life' very well, I also don't have to worry about scraping on driveways - if there is any question - the lifter makes that a 0% possibility of scraping

I also love how utterly fast it feels, I also like that it's N/A and the sound is just magnificent after the kline setup

Natkingcolebasket69 and timjen88 like this.
  7. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    I have a Stradale and FF. Very different vehicles. I bought the FF for longer drives up the coast or taking the wife and daughter out to dinner. If I'm up for some canyons, I take the Stradale. If we're going to car week or down to LA, the FF would be the way to go. The Stradale is very raw, the FF very refined. The back seat in the FF is surprisingly large and comfortable. So much so, that an adult could ride back there for 2-3 hours with no issues. Not sure if that helps but a good combination to have if that's what you're looking for.

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    totally agree with previous 2 post. i put an aftermarket stereo in my FF which helps. there is absolutely room in a garage for both cars. 2 very different versions of the Ferrari emotions.

Natkingcolebasket69 and vraa like this.
  9. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    I borrowed a friend's FF for about 2-Weeks. I thought the car was quite special. The IPE Exhaust that was on it, was definitely a bit too loud. Droney even. If I were to get one, I think I would definitely get a Kline.

But, other than that...Headunit/Stereo is a bit lackluster, but, that's easily fixed. Gas mileage...well, it's a V12 Ferrari, so, it is what it is. But, It's very comfortable to drive people in the back, and honestly, it would be great as a daily driver I feel.

SFFerrari likes this.
  10. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Agree with agreement :)

FF is special in its own right. Last analog raw 2+2. Not the low down go kart feeling of a 360. I loved mine. Only updated to Lusso since I could not find a 2016 FF. The FF is raw, the comfort is nice but not too couch like. The ride is sports car and fast with torque to spare,

Do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. SFFerrari

SFFerrari Karting

Jul 21, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LanceD
    I have a 2004 360 Spider 6 speed, lowered with racing seats & Challenge exhaust and a 2012 FF with Capristo exhaust and extended shift paddles (considering adding Novitec springs). IMHO they complement each other perfectly.

The Spider is a 8 cylinder race car you can drive on the road - low & wide, fast & low tech. And the FF is a V12 luxury cruiser - powerful & smoothly fast, latest tech and a sound that is unreal when the valves are open and the revs up (who needs a sound system when you can open the windows and listen to a Ferrari V12).

On a weekend drive, with the sun out and the top down on a winding road with the Spider you can’t wipe the grin off my face as I shift through the gears and the engine sings through the race exhaust. And for a long drive up the coast or into the mountains - or errands in the City - the FF is an experience of pure joy.

I considered 550 and 575, 456 and 612, and 599s but for the money, I feel the FF is truly the Best Buy (can’t believe I’m saying that about a Ferrari!) and perfect car to have in my garage sit alongside my Spider.

Hope this helps. PM if you want more info.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  12. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Nice guys. At first I was all about the 550, then due to some finance and some vehicles that didnt work out I ended up with a 360, which I absolutely just love. Although I have the 997 C2 and love it also, I find myself DD the 360. The 360 isnt going anywhere but the 911 which has been so good to me will have to go.

The issue is that I have kids that I want to bring along (hence the 911) and with all the FF prices dropping like crazy I thought, wow this is my 911 replacement. I started researching a little on it and saw these issues with PTU units. Anything on this?

13. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    I've been around Ferrari's long enough to know that every Ferrari has an "issue" unique to that model (355/headers, new cars/DCT, etc.) and ALL Ferrari's suffer from common things like sticky buttons. I just keep the car maintained to the best standards, don't drive like an idiot and have a reserve of money on hand to address any surprises when they may come up. I've been pretty lucky so far which I attribute to the maintenance and, so far, have not had to hit the reserve. The PTU is known and somewhat predictable on the cost so find a solid well maintained car, connect with the very best shop you can to maintain your car and enjoy it.

550nitis and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Ageeed. I now have 35k on my ff. all records from new and ur works great. I think the fact that newer Ferraris come with a good warranty really help tracking well maintained examples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timjen88 and 550nitis like this.