360 market values | Page 9 | FerrariChat

360 market values

Discussion in '360/430' started by Philly, Jun 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Hagerty consistently puts a 50K premium on gate shifted cars on their valuation page. That may be excessive but that's their valuation for what its worth.

G. Pepper likes this.
  2. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Probably only for pristine examples. Maybe half that for drivers. My '00 manual coupe was about $15K over equal F1's three years ago.

What gets me is that I expected prices to drop on all luxury vehicles with the COVID scare, and every sector went up! Read an article on used class 1-3 RV's a week or so ago, and the dealers and salesmen had almost no stock! Held off on buying a yellow manual 456M - the only one of its kind in north America - because I thought the price would go down and most don't want a yellow 456M :) and somebody bought it almost immediately! :mad:

But whatever. Just waiting on the right 2+2. :)

Maine57S1 and Graz like this.
  3. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Well as a comedian said recently-/. ‘At least now we all know how we will die . have a drink’

I suspect yolo at play.

G. Pepper likes this.
  4. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    Had a similar experience with Blue 360 spiders.. Ones that i expected to go down in value post shut down all sold within a couple weeks of each other.

Dewinator and G. Pepper like this.
  5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Zig when everyone says to zag. It never fails.

Husker likes this.
  6. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
  7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yes more than i wld have expected

8. Brian Roman

Brian Roman Rookie

Nov 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Brian Roman
    So I have a Grey Market 2000 Ferrari 360 Spider with the gated shifter. The car has some service records but certainly not 100%. I did have my mechanic go through the car thoroughly. With a few exceptions of minor things needing replaced which I fixed, he referred to the car as “top-notch”. It is complete with manuals, tool kit, two keys and three fobs, etc. condition is “driver”. No paint or accidents. Everything works as it should with no issues. Drives wonderfully. It has over 100,000KMs which translates to about 63K miles. Here is the problem. I love this car more than any other I have had. But my girlfriend wants to buy a new house. I will stall as long as I can. However, if I lose the battle (and I will), what is a proper value for this car in today’s market? I am eagerly awaiting your opinions and I thank you in advance.

9. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    Keep the car. Sounds like you will regret selling it. You won’t easily be able to get one like it back. Is she selling her... (Insert 70-85k personal asset) ... to buy the house? Especially if you own the car, not the bank it may only help with down payment.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

10. Maine57S1

Maine57S1 Karting

Dec 5, 2016
    Full Name:
    John
    if you love the car and the girlfriend loves you... she wont make you sell the car...keep the car find a new girl. :) Kidding aside this looks like a good comp.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-ferrari-360-modena-7/

11. Brian Roman

Brian Roman Rookie

Nov 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Brian Roman
    She is selling her current home that has over $200,000 in equity.

12. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Jesus dude, do not buy a house with a girl you're not ready to marry. Worst case scenario is market drops hard, you suddenly have negative equity in the house and she decides to break up. Now you're stuck with a roommate ex-girlfriend bringing new dudes home to bang and you have to listen to it. No ring = no combined finances, no going into business together, and absolutely no owning a house together. No exceptions!!!

OrmondStar, Hocakes and EastMemphis like this.
  13. Brian Roman

Brian Roman Rookie

Nov 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Brian Roman
    You seem to be wound a bit tight. I did buy her a ring, we are engaged, and getting married in Hawaii this summer. If the market were to drop as you say, she loses $200,000k and I lose $70,000k. I was just looking for an educated value on my car, just in case. Not a life coach. Thank you for your concern but...dude...

G. Pepper likes this.
  14. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Food for thought! I don't know you guys but scammers always make it seem like they're in for more than you are!

15. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
  16. Brian Roman

Brian Roman Rookie

Nov 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Brian Roman
    Good to know. Seems like a very good deal.to me. Perhaps a starting point.

17. Brian Roman

Brian Roman Rookie

Nov 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Brian Roman
    I suppose she could be a scammer after 3 years. I'll keep an eye out. Thanks!

18. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    What am I missing? Why not just move into her house and work some mutual financial arrangement on the house and keep the car?