F8 Build spec help - Any mistakes? | FerrariChat

F8 Build spec help - Any mistakes?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Brian Sadler, Jan 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian Sadler

Brian Sadler Rookie

Sep 23, 2020
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Brin Sadler
    Hey fellow forum members, I have been lurking and reading as much as I can from others on the F8 subforum on desirable and non-desirable specs. Have my spec in waiting on an allocation. Trying to see if there is anything that the more seasoned owners would change. Add, or take out. Here is the spec

EXTERIOR:
    - BACK RADAR
    - RED BRAKE CALIPERS
    - FRONT BUMPER INSERT CARBON FIB
    - CARBON FIBRE SIDE AIR SPLITTER
    - CARBON FIBRE REAR BOOT TRIM
    - REAR DIFFUSER IN CARBON FIBRE
    - FRONT AIRVENTS IN CARBON FIBRE
    - CARBON FIBRE WHEELS CUP
    - SPORT EXHAUST PIPES
    - External colors EXTRACAMPIONARIO-NOT STANDARD
    - ADVANCED FRONT DRIVING CAMERA
    - CARBON FIBRE FRONT SPOILER
    - 'SCUDERIA FERRARI' SHIELDS
    - ELECTROCHROMIC REARWIEW MIRROR
    - PARKING CAMERA
    - FRONT AND REAR PARKING SENSORS
    - (PAINT) VERNICI SPECIALI 2 STRATI in ROSSO CORSA METALLIC
    - CARBON FIBRE WHEELS
    - TITANIUM WHEEL BOLTS

- INTERIORS
    - ALCANTARA DOOR PANELS in ALCANTARA NERA 9440
    - COLOURED INNER DETAILS ALCANT. in ALCANTARA NERA 9440
    - CARBON FIBRE INNER DOOR HANDLE
    - CARBON FIBRE DRIVER ZONE+LEDS
    - CARBON FIBRE CENTRAL BRIDGE
    - EXTERIOR SILL KICK IN CARBON
    - Carpets colors in NERO 152 (BLACK)
    - ALCANTARA CENTRAL TUNNEL in ALCANTARA NERA 9440
    - CARBON FIBRE DASHBOARD INSERTS
    - ALCANTARA LOWER DASHBOARD in ALCANTARA NERA 9440
    - HORSE STITCHED ON HEADREST in CHARCOAL 0416
    - COLOURED MATS WITH LOGO
    - Internal colors in CUOIO 4609
    - PASSENGER DISPLAY
    - YELLOW REV. COUNTER
    - FULL ELECTRIC SEATS
    - COLOURED SPECIAL STITCHING in FILO SPECIALE CHARCOAL 416
    - SPECIFIC DESIGN SEATS- UPPER PART IN ALCANTARA in ALCANTARA NERA 9440

Review and let me know your thoughts. Hopefully, I get an allocation and goes into production. Ordered and deposit placed in Sept 2020.

Thanks in advance!!!

Brian

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MikeS

MikeS Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mike S
    Make sure you are happy with SHF1 and ULEZ, material on the rear shelf and roof. You should be able to get an allocation. Something great to look forward to.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    2 things- consider a black tach instead of yellow. You really don’t have yellow anywhere else. Let the steering wheel stand on its own with yellow. Minor suggestion.

Second- I’m not a fan of full electric seats. Save the money and get manual. It’s a sports car. Who else is gonna drive your car? Set it and forget it.
    Congrats on the spec.

wthensler and AD211 like this.
  4. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Hey Brian,

I'm pretty much in the same boat, and deciding on options before I get an allocation for a spider. Can't think of much to add to what you've got.

My 458 has CF up the wazoo and I'm going to dial it back a bit on the F8. I may go aftermarket with Novitec 21/20 CF wheelset and springs, and eventually exhaust.

I like the Alcantara and will be adding, and for sure sport seats. But if I'm not careful this will go north of 400, lol!

I snapped a pic of the spec from FOCF demo car which was nicely optioned.......if I can find it I'll send it your way for comparison purposes.

William

5. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Definitely alcantara or Leather roof.
    Other suggestion the mirror. I didn’t and it is well disappointing.

Amazing spec. I love RCM. Many others feel it is not special enough for the price and suggest Rosso Fiorano or Fuoco or Maranello.

If I were re doing my F8 I would consider the metallics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Don’t see the lifter I would spec that just for resale.

I would ditch the carbon fiber front spoiler, rear diffuser and wheels. You will save a ton of money and if you scrape any one of those your only option is to replace the whole piece.

WM458 and wthensler like this.
  7. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    RCM ? IF SO GREAT but I am biased.

Wow it is speced to the top.

Yes definitely leather or alcantara roof , firewall but also back of seats. Even with full electric seats the back is fake.

The thing i question electrochromatic as im not sure there is a difference in the rear view mirror on the F8 as there was on the 488GTB and im also chasing part numbers for dead pedal aluminium passenger and driver.

8. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    This is a very dear car. Allocation ? Hell he will zip past everyone.

9. Brian Sadler

Brian Sadler Rookie

Sep 23, 2020
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Brin Sadler
    Those were the codes that I was looking for. A lot of other members have suggested the same. Will get added as I agree. Thx!

My direction on the yellow tac was due to have a little more splash in the dash. With CF and standard CUOIO interior, I wanted a little more contrast.

Wife is going to drive. Also, planning on driving the car on spirited trips. Wanted a little more comfort than the racing seats for those trips. Thx!

Wrestling with sport seats again. Still leaning to the others as mentioned above. I feel your pain on the north of $400K!!!

Thanks on the Rossa Corsa Metallic. I really fought this one as well. Wanted a little more pop than standard RC, but wanted to keep with RC as this is my first F car. But boy do those triple metallics look sweet.

Looking at the other F8 on Instagram, I just feel that the cars without the CF front/rear just look plain and not inviting. Almost boring. The ones with just pop. On the wheels, I just cant help myself. Black looks amazing. While Novitec has some good alternatives, I wanted to keep with Ferrari optioned spec, not aftermarket. But, I don't like the $33k price tag that goes with them. I just each their own.

I did go a little over the top. I am not planning on selling the car for at least 7 years. I might just keep it entirely, and add to it. Agreed with the adds to the roof and firewall.

Eddie v likes this.
  10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    RCM IMO is great if you really want the RC as I did. The issue I have with RC is that at certain angles it looks flat as its a solid color. The RCM doesn't do this.

Not sure have you carbon on the S-Duct if not do it. Either all or none same as inside except for doors.

Have a look at the yellow taco in different light conditions. IMO black even though standard is the best to see.

11. MikeS

MikeS Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mike S
    Brian, make sure your dealer provides you with the Personalization Programme brochure. It provides nearly every option and code and is color rendered to show exactly where the leather, alcantara or carbon etc. go.

12. Brian Sadler

Brian Sadler Rookie

Sep 23, 2020
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Brin Sadler
    The dealer was Ferrari of Lake Forrest (north of Chicago). Baker was the salesman that helped me setup this build. He really did a great job of walking through the options and adding/deleting from the configurator. My wife said she had an incredible time doing it, if that says anything! Minus the roof and back firewall coverings, I feel like I was happy with all the selections. Overall, they really did a fantastic job and helped out a ton. Btw, I was able to get the brochure from other threads here, and have confirmed everything on my end. Thx again for the comments!

13. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    It’s here

F8 Option Pricing List
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=9080&share_tid=634277&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eferrarichat%2Ecom%2Fforum%2Findex%2Ephp%3Fthreads%2FF8-Option-Pricing-List%2E634277%2F&share_type=t

What’s the charge for RCM? Relative to the others 29k?
    And delay..

Agree can look flat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Brian Sadler

Brian Sadler Rookie

Sep 23, 2020
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Brin Sadler
    The RCM was $12,487. My understanding is that it is the same as the historical colors option. Didn't quote a delay that I believe. However, if I went with Rosso Fouco it was a 2-3 month addl wait. I was thinking REAL hard about that one, what a beautiful color. The wait and never being able to touch up any scratch lead me down the RCM path.

15. MikeS

MikeS Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mike S
    That’s great. A really good dealer btw. One more observation- think twice about the carbon fibre wheels. Looks awesome, stops there. Don’t curb them, don’t get a blowout (hope your post winter roads are better than ours in CT) and if you are going to track the car, they will get beat up. That’s it, congrats !

16. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I’m guessing your at $420 ish?

17. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Homelink? I like the convenience And great if you have several remotes!
    Also if you park in the sun, get the heat insulating glass, not expensive and well worth it

18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It's priced like metallic/historical as mentioned above. It is not a tri layer. Closest tri layer variant of RC is probably TRS.

RCM will not cause a delay as it is painted at the factory.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

jm2 likes this.
  19. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
    Do you happen to remember the cost of Rosso TRS? I’m actually in the process of getting it approved for my F8 spider build but haven’t been told the cost yet.

For the 3 and 4 layer paints I’ve seen costs of around 28K and 32K USD respectively. An FChat member has a Bianco Italia paint job that apparently ran $45K. Would love some additional clarity...