430 - Anyone with 430 considered 458, then passed? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

430 Anyone with 430 considered 458, then passed?

Discussion in '360/430' started by cole328, Jan 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  2. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Yeah, I drove one back-to-back with a Huracan....which was much more exciting and up to date. The 458 came off as dated and muted.....I would much rather buy a Scuderia than a 458.

3. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    That might be Pozzi not TdF. Those wheels are not for me.

SoftwareDrone likes this.
  4. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Those are 488 wheels aren’t they?

5. daniellove304

daniellove304 Rookie

Jan 5, 2020
    Marietta Ga
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    i would keep the 430 . because the 458 has problems with the trans ... internally with the with sensors .

Ray Smith and sparetireless like this.
  6. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    Easy to generalise. I've not had problems with my transmission sensor.

Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk

Ray Smith likes this.
  7. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    The problem with social media is that a few people post negative experiences, which are amplified by others, and to the new reader it's look like all of that model catch fire and burn to the ground.

You never hear from the thousands of owners who had NO problems.

Ray

Need4Spd likes this.
  8. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    My point as well

Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk

9. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I have a F430 and a 458. Yesterday I traded the F430 in for a Huracan Spyder. Had to drive the Ferrari 125 miles to the dealership. Great analog experience and surprisingly comfortable for almost a 2 hour drive. Brought the Huracan back on the same drive, and the technology is incredible and can’t be compared. Of course there is a 10+ year difference on the cars, but the tech and fit/finish much better than the 458 also. However, I found the Huracan is not as engaging as the 458 when driving.

10. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The blue 458 above allegedly has an undisclosed salvage title. Lengthy thread on the 458 forum.
    I just purchased a 2012 458 in December after owning a 360 and then a 430. As a long time 360/430 forum member, I'll say I now wouldn't go back to either of those cars as great as they are. Loved them both. The 458 is, as rightly pointed out, a different car, quieter, more power, more sophisticated.

Ray Smith and ShineKen like this.
  11. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Sooo...no regrets at all in selling the 430 then? good to hear and enjoy!

Ray Smith likes this.
  12. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
  13. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Very nice....love the orange calipers. now, if you had a f430 spider (as I do), maybe would have been a more difficult decision. But in this case, as gorgeous as your coupe was, the Lambo should be a nice, fun diversion. enjoy!

Ray Smith and ridege55 like this.
  14. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    COVID purchase. Salesperson was saying that he has been seeing a lot of this. If I was not so restless working and shelter at home (thanks California), I probably would still have the F430.

15. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    This feels exactly like what I went through at this time last year. I’m a long time Porsche guy (owned 18 of them, including eleven 911s). In Feb of last year I decided to take the Italian route. Drove a Lambo, 458 Spider and a 430 Spider. At 5’11” and 225, the Lambo def wasn’t a fit, and 500 yards out of the dealer I turned around. Then drove the 458. Great car, quick shifting, head turner a lot of fun. Almost bought it right there. Then I went to drive the 430. I fell in love with the more visceral feeling of it, how you really have to pay attention to driving it. After the 430, I realized the 458 was really very much like a 911 from the 997 on up. PDK is IMHO the best DCT in the world, you don’t have to think while driving it. To me, the 458 felt very much like a 911 Turbo S. Obv completely different look, and reactions are wayyyy different. But I wanted a different driving experience then that.

I’m probably going to get flamed for it, but I went with the 430 because it felt nothing like a 911. I loved that I really had to pay attention to driving it, I’m totally engaged with only the car when driving it. Honestly, I couldn’t tell you if the radio even works (helps that the previous owner already put an S Line in it). I can’t imagine getting rid of this car, I don’t really think I want anything else but it, and this is coming from a guy who’s owned 42 cars in the last 20 years.

430 Spider for my fun summer car, 970 Panamera Turbo for my DD and a Ram 1500 Laramie for bad weather, this is my lineup for a while!

16. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    We have nearly the same garage, the DBS manual I got in 2016, F430 coupe F1 2018. Despite all the negativity surrounding single clutch I love them for that same reason. Shifting is so satisfying!

Ray Smith likes this.
  17. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Does anyone else look for cars that you can drive with the windows down and no buffeting? This was one reason I went with the 430 (and actually the 355 is the same way). I don't feel the need for a spider because the car has almost no noise with the windows down, even at like 100+. Some convertibles have a lot of wind noise that I think detracts from the experience. With the windows down in the 430 I can (1) keep the climate in the car controlled better (2) have the chassis rigidity of the coupe (3) and hear everything going on over my left shoulder through the intake like it's trying to pull me in. Plus I like the lines better and you can see the engine in the rear view mirror.

My Audi R8 was horrible. Over about 40 mph having the windows down was almost unbearable. The Aston is not so great either, but the car sounds soooo good with the windows up since the drivetrain is essentially in your lap.

Ray Smith and No-Subt2 like this.
  18. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Congrats. You are going to love it

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

19. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Yes. 360s and 430s seem fine with windows down. But a number of Porsches have wind buffeting issues with the windows down. So much so the aftermarket came up with these solutions.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

sparetireless likes this.
  20. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Google the dealer's name and "reviews" and you'll understand why not to buy *ANYTHING* from them, let alone that specific vehicle. ;)

ShineKen likes this.
  21. TexasVince

TexasVince Rookie

Jun 9, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I was just in the market for a 458 for months after selling our F430. But a well sorted Blue Pozzi F430 popped up on Fchat for a great price and I opted to buy it immediately. I test drove several 458's and do think its a major step forward. However, I still love driving the F430 and honestly may opt for a Scud over the 458 because its a bit more raw of a driving experience and I like that.

ShineKen likes this.
  22. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have read posts from 458 owners on here stating that they basically have to be going 100 MPH before the car starts getting exciting. Having driven an Italia, a 458 Spider and a Speciale, I can see where they are coming from. I didn't go very fast in the Speciale, but I would say that it was very exciting when the owner floored it and went through the gears. Ferocious acceleration. But the car just gets to scary speeds so fast! Now the Scuderia is just insane. When that thing goes through the gears (even if you don't floor it), it sounds just like an Indy car. The sound it makes between gear shifts (like a little bomb going off) is amazing. I want one!

23. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Personally, I'm only interested in a gated car, which of course rules out the 458 anyway.

My budget allowed for a F430 F1 spider which I have had converted to a gated6.

I'm pretty sure if I had to do it again, and I had a $300k budget, I'd do the exact same thing.

Driving this car is incomparable.

The price for an F1 model+the conversion is the supercar bargain among available options.

24. daniellove304

daniellove304 Rookie

Jan 5, 2020
    Marietta Ga
    Full Name:
    Daniel
  25. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name: