Remote controlled Exhaust Valve | FerrariChat

Remote controlled Exhaust Valve

Discussion in '612/599' started by FNCOOL, Jan 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FNCOOL

FNCOOL Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2020
    UAE
    Full Name:
    GEZEN BILIR
    When I research in forums, many topics come for each word, couldn't pinpoint my search.

So can you please support if such (and simple using current backbox) method, brand, source exist?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Hello Gezen,

One of the most well know system for 612/599 can be found here http://forzacomponenti.com

There are several owners who are using these systems, for sure they will chime in.

Ricardo

3. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    ^^ agree with Ricardo. I have this controller on my 599 and 458. Works very well.

4. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Same here on my 599. Works flawlessly. Mike

5. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Not sure its something you're interested in looking at, but the engine ecu's control the exhaust valve opening. There is a simple table that opens the valve based on revs and throttle position. It would be very do-able to either write a new exhaust valve map that has them open (or closed) more, or even over-rides the map altogether based on the mannetino position. You could have rain mode as "always closed" and race mode as "always open" if you wanted.

Edited to add that you could use the re-flashing as a perfect opportunity to tweak the fueling/ignition for a few more Italian ponies. ;)

599_GTO and Makuono like this.
  6. FNCOOL

FNCOOL Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2020
    UAE
    Full Name:
    GEZEN BILIR
    Thanks all. I want to keep the option of ECU deciding the position besides keep always on/off option.