Thoughts on a F12 in these colors. | FerrariChat

Thoughts on a F12 in these colors.

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by 2006m5, Jan 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
  2. BusterX

BusterX Karting

Aug 24, 2016
    I am expert on the marketability of Ferrari specs. But I love that interior and general combo.

wrs likes this.
  3. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    I happen to like red in Ferrari interiors, but I do believe I am in the minority on that. It seems most people tend to shy away from red interiors so when it comes time to sell it could be a challenge.

wrs likes this.
  4. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Personally I think that is an awesome spec, and I am sure I am not alone. While many Ferrari folks think Rossa/Cuoio is the best, that exactly what I DON'T want, as to me to seems too cliché. Remember that value is only in the eye of the ONE person who decides to buy it. You can have a pink Ferrari, and if there is someone out there that wants it, they will buy it. Obviously some colors are harder to move than others, but red/black/white is still very much in.

5. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    I agree with you soldier...i’m debating in my mind.
    The car seems to be a nice spec..405 msrp.

wrs and ANOpax like this.
  6. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    I'm guessing this looks even better in person.
    But, you might want to think if this interior might not make you happy after a while when you get in it.
    I think the spec is very cool and would certainly be loved in Europe but I wouldn't be able to be in it every day
    as I think it would "get to me" at some point.
    I'm pretty much ok with the seats but the dash wouldn't work for me although maybe an all black dash with those colors might work for me.

7. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Overdone. Tacky. Undesirable.

8. mralexx

mralexx Rookie

Mar 11, 2007
    WA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    IMO is a beautiful spec, I looked at that same one but ended up purchasing a nicely optioned 2015 white on red with carbon race seats last week.

The red/tan combo is not my style and there’s no harm or foul in that... it’s personal preference. I don’t think you’ll have a hard time during resale if it is priced right. I’ve sold a handful of cars with red interior relatively quick at asking because it was white/red.

wrs and ANOpax like this.
  9. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    We’ve been here before on ‘resale’ vs ‘non-resale’ spec. The basic conclusion is that if you’re a Ferrari noob, go with the safe spec. Since you aren’t, go with your heart, not your head. You’ll know by now that Ferrari is all about the passione and the wonderful interiors are a big part of that.

Life is too long to drive boring cars.

My 2c on the car you’re considering is that it’s a wonderful spec. There’s enough black going on to keep the red under control and the plethora of carbon really lifts the interior to another level. You certainly won’t find anything like it on a German car. But then again, my car looks like this and I love it so what do I know?

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    ANO...I LOVE the bordeaux color ...the other red is very bright...so makes me unsure.

I had two bmw m5 that had interior like your color.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    #11 ANOpax, Jan 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    Thank you :D
    It’s impossible to tell from my photos but the leather is, in fact, Rosso Maison (semi aniline). It’s brighter than Bordeaux but darker than Rosso and with more of a blue/purple tint.

If you’ve had two BMWs with Bordeaux/black interiors, then I can understand why you’re attracted to the Rosso/black Ferrari but also cautious about the brightness of the red. I had a similar scheme in my BMW too but my view is that the bright red Ferrari and Maserati leathers have a pop that the other manufacturers (British and German) just can’t match. That’s why they work well as accent leathers and in the F12 you’re looking at, it’s only really the dash leather which will be in your line of sight while driving. With the black carpets and half black seats and door cards and dash, there is a good offset to the red. If you look at the overall balance, black is actually the main colour and red is the accent. Add in the carbon finishing touches and there is a real ‘wow’ factor to the car.

I’ve looked at a lot of red/black car interiors and IMHO, the one you’re considering is one of the best executed that I’ve seen - even down to the finer points like the contrast red and black stitching and red stitched cavallinos on the headrests. If I was reallllly being picky, I'd note that the door handles are aluminium, not carbon - and I don't know if the car's spec includes carbon sills or not? Both of these factors can be addressed if you're feeling OCD about it.

12. MidnightRun

MidnightRun Karting

Nov 4, 2006
    Don't be so timid. What do you really think?

13. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I think white with red interior is a great combo, perhaps better suited for a mid engine V8 than a front engine V12. But I agree with the poster that said there's enough black and CF to break things up and make it work. Best of luck...T

14. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Looks great, as long as the wheel and dash are black like that it shouldn’t be too difficult to sell afterward. Full red causes windshield glare and is overwhelming. (I can’t stand full tan dash and wheel either)

LVP488 likes this.
  15. mfr456

mfr456 Karting

May 3, 2015
    Melbourne
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

ANOpax likes this.
  16. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Personally I would not consider a car with any red on the interior....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. mfr456

mfr456 Karting

May 3, 2015
    Melbourne
    mine has some red details :) love it!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

18. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    Thanks for all the replies but i’m 50/50 on the combo.
    And not many f12 out there for sale.
    So i’m in a hold pattern until i find the right combo.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  19. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    ANOpax and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  20. Outrun

Outrun Karting

ryalex and ANOpax like this.
  21. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Don’t settle. At some point you will see something that you instantly know is right. That’s your car.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

KY _Soldier, ANOpax and tomc like this.
  22. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    The photos above with a dash a red more livable....i would buy.^^^

23. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    i don't mind it. i typically do not like the red/black seats, etc but this one works for some odd reason. again, probably in the minority but buy what you like not what someone else likes

24. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Exactly. That FF is going to be a tough sell.

mfr456 likes this.
  25. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    We love red interiors. My wife's Porto has a complete red interior, I have black with red highlights and the RR has red and black. The all red ones are a bit loud at first but you get used to them. People that just pass on them are missing out. The first one we bought was a black Cayenne TTS with red interior and it was my wife's choice. I didn't want the red but acquiesced and it didn't take me long to be sold on the red.

I have to say that the center console in tan is a bit incongruous.

rossodino likes this.