OEM Cali T Sport Exhaust | FerrariChat

OEM Cali T Sport Exhaust

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by montegoblue, Jan 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. montegoblue

montegoblue Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    East TN
    Guys,
    Considering upgrading the exhaust on my car. Left the valves open and frankly not the effect I wanted.
    I wonder if this is a reasonably straight bolt on that a local mechanic can do (I live a couple of hours away from dealer and the hassle etc). Any insight greatly appreciated. I see some on Ebay for 3k or so that appear fairly complete. Your thoughts.
    CT

2. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    On my 2016 T I installed the factory HS exhaust at the dealer for around $4,500 and was very happy with it and no drone.

3. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Very much straightforward ... factory parts, should go on cleanly. I did it on my car and was happy with the results.

whatheheck likes this.
  4. Mafiaboy1975

Mafiaboy1975 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2019
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Mick
    Try a search I posted a thread on fitting pipes. I did a installation myself. It’s a 5 out of 10 on the difficulty scale I’d say. Pretty easy just tight if you don’t remove the rear bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

whatheheck likes this.
  5. montegoblue

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    East TN
    Thank you guys, decided to drive her down to FL tomorrow and will have the friends at Ferrari of Tampa do the service and install. Looking forward to the new noise . Btw the way on my car at least the drone only happens at legal speeds it´s almost as she likes to run. Great car, I have made this drive on this car a couple of times (600 miles) and each time, I get there fresh, very comfortable and fast, gas mileage very acceptable. I will comment on return from trip.

6. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Looking forward to your impressions. I meant to record the car on the way to get the exhaust and then on the ride back with the new mufflers but never got around to it.

whatheheck likes this.
  7. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I'm considering the same on my 2016 Cali T.

My question is does anyone know the difference between the Factory HS exhaust and the Sport exhaust? I looked into this and they have different part numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Not sure about the part numbers but the optional sport exhaust is just the exhaust tips ... an $800 or so option. The HS exhaust that the dealers order is a kit that includes the two mufflers and a pair of the sport exhaust tips in a matte black finish. 70003624 is the kit part number.

TifosiConch and whatheheck like this.
  9. montegoblue

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    East TN
    Look on eBay, got one for 3k from Algar

10. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks for the info.

Yes, Im familiar with the factory $800 sport exhaust option which is just a different exhaust tips.

I did look on eBay and there are two Ferrari Cali T exhausts currently for sale.
    • 70004106 is the HS Sport Exhaust System. See attached document.
    • 70003624 is the Sport Exhaust System.
    The above are both on eBay right now and Im confused on what the difference is.... Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. swiftar

swiftar Rookie

Aug 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I have 2015 Cali T (purchased in may 2020). I too want more exhaust. My plan - first I installed remote from Capristo - great new sound especially at low RPM. After I get used to this I will move to the Capristo exhaust as phase 2. I like the "choice" the remote gives you. My Alfa 4C is always loud - wish I could dial it down on the long trips.

Tried to upload video but too big- will put up link soon.

12. swiftar

swiftar Rookie

Aug 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Here is the Video Link

whatheheck likes this.
  13. montegoblue

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2009
    East TN
    Reporting on the sport exhaust — very good, the way the car should have come from the factory. Deeper growl, but subtle,polished sounding ,more V12 tune , perhaps to my ear ; no drone, better sound at start-up, makes an already great car sound more like a Ferrari. Just clocked 20k miles driving back from FL great ride. Only bad news was 1 bad shock at service, rear right.

whatheheck likes this.
  14. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks for sharing your experience with the OE Sport Exhaust.

Im still on the fence between Capristo and Ferrari Sport Exhaust..........

Dan

15. mhatton1

mhatton1 Rookie

Sep 5, 2021
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Marc Hatton
    Hey Dan, I'm late to the party here, but I'm in the same boat that you were before you went with the HS DIY route. I'm on the fence between the Capristo and the factory HS route. What made you go with HS over Capristo?

16. KIMBLELI021

KIMBLELI021 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2021
    Palo Alto, California
    Full Name:
    Alex Li
    me too. debating the HS exhaust & Capristo. The key is I bought new power extended warranty, and dealer state an aftermarket exhaust might make the extended warranty invalid..

17. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Federal law protects us in the USA from such car warranty cancellations. On my Portofino I have Tubi mufflers,a Kline x-pipe,and a Capristo valve controller. I love the sound and would never go back.

18. mhatton1

mhatton1 Rookie

Sep 5, 2021
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Marc Hatton
    I think I'm going to go Capristo. I wish I were able to hear both the HS and the Capristo in person, it's just hard to tell watching videos. I do know that either option will be better than the stock exhaust that I have now. I'm also certain that your Portofino sounds great with that set up!

19. murdie

murdie Rookie

Sep 6, 2021
    Lost in endless fires of mordor, i.e California
    Full Name:
    Paul M
    From what I understand its a tubi exhaust fitted at the factory this is diffrent from the sports exhaust which i believe was cosmetic with black tips but no notable performance difference.

I ask main dealer here in California who was a bit confused by these questions, once i said it was a tubi exhaust at factory i was told "wasn't a option for american market never offer here"

so seeing others talk about is interesting.
    Maybe what he meant was never offered to CA buyers as anything louder than a cricket farting a mile from your location is both noiser and more polluting than CA emission laws allow. I am interested to know if he's correct about the option not offered to USA customers or if he's wrong and it can happen to american cars to get fitted...if so can i get a CA dealer to do it? well without giving me an emissions noise conversation!!!

after all the recent 911 gt3 touring could be ordered in a manual EXCEPT CALIFORNIA (they worked that out it now can) but my point being is it state dependent.