812 VS Rumors | Page 127 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    If they drop 600kg, same engine output would be plenty for the next V12 car. :D

ingegnere likes this.
  2. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Not sure GTS has sold out my UK dealer principal is very active in marketing to me still......which is unusual, normally very passive

deltona and F2003-GA like this.
  3. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I feel sad reading this thread, I was definitely an “addicted plus” or more (maybe 15 Ferrari) but am so over it now. Since RACE and the over supply and chronic depreciation and general ease of supply it just feels different. I have been playing the second hand nearly new world and have to say it’s really fun. Pista Spider now even 75k less than I sold mine for. So many great cars around. It almost feels a relief to step off the BS carousel !

4. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    That is a sobering post. I was never on carousel, but I can certainly empathize with how you feel.

Tommy Boy likes this.
  5. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Ditto addicted plus ...... however I’m still addicted and on the carousel.... heart rules my mind

6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Said every year since the Enzo!

dcmetro, tfazio, 350MH83 and 4 others like this.
  7. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    For sure! Always reflecting back to the good old days w. Luca pre IPO and its def. tough to see the brand diluting year after year. Im jumping off the “ordering new” carousel after the 812VS. Drove the SF90 & does not move me whatsoever. Electric full digital cars are the future, yes, but then I’d rather buy a Taycan or future full e-version of Mercedes as a daily and drive my V12 Ferraris on the side + extend my vintage car collection. I don’t buy a Ferrari for the big digital screen and the fidgety steering while like in the Roma. I buy it for design, for driving and importantly for the sound. If the future cars will continue to be visual copies of Aston Martins, use weak tech for infotainment, can’t convince with sound & produce a massive amount of them - well, then let’s see where we the greatest brand of all time will be in 5 years down the road...

8. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Same here. I am moving to other brand who values my money :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

dolphins08430 and Boomhauer like this.
  9. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Agreed

j09333 likes this.
  10. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Agree with all that, a majestic analogue Ferrari toy on the side is the right call and that could be the 812VS for those (like me) that cannot afford and/or justify the really good stuff.

JagShergill and of2worlds like this.
  11. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I totally understand the last viewpoints of not playing the game - I think apart from the ‘standard’ ferrari buyer, even a lot of the addicteds are feeling somewhat frustrated . Most will undoubtedly like a modern Daily then pop out the V12 beast in the garage every now and again for a tingling in the Vas Deferens. I’m a jeuvenile at heart in that depending on how hot my shower is IL spend longer in there than my gf - arguing with myself my ideal 8 car garage - not including 3 for daily’s ..... however over the last 2 - 3 years I crave the older models as keepers , , , to be enjoyed in the man cave and blipped to annoy the neighbours. If I’m blessed enough to be able to still buy these cars , my ideal 8 car garage would be 7 “old skool” ( 288/f40/f50s/Enzo/16M/550Barchetta etc etc then the more modern classics - 599 gto/tdf/812VS.... - in the future hybrid world I’m not sure if in my lifetime the new versions ( except the LaF replacing halo ) will be the same ‘daydreaming keeper draw ‘...

Caeruleus11, Shack and of2worlds like this.
  12. XSQF

XSQF Rookie

Apr 5, 2019
    This is the way to go unless you have fxxk you money or can deal with the factory directly. Simply too much bs happening at the dealer level.

13. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    I can no longer fxxk my money lol.
    I had enough with 12?13? new ferraris. What is left is only tdf wgich in itself is one of bests but to get there was a pain watching my money burn. I was expecting monza but not selected. At that point, I knew I have no hope being treated as valued customer. So I moved on buying a car which valued me and thanked me. I will try to get 812 vs aperta but after that, I am done. I know if I order roma and sf90 spider and tailer out max and keep it along with tdf and gts and sf90 coupe for a year or two while ordering every new models will get me there but at that point, we are talking about 1.5m to 2m ecxpet tdf buring in my garage. No thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Data likes this.
  14. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Just rewatched a YouTube video comparing the features of the 599 GTO and Tdf as well as a couple of comparison driving videos .... looking forward to when the VS comes out and having reviews of the Big modern 3 GTO/TDF/VS

15. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Most powerful: 812 VS
    Most beautiful design: F 12 tdf
    Best sounding: 599 gto
    Bigger power difference with the original model: 599 gto
    Most agressive at differents levels: 812VS
    Most iconic: F 12 tdf
    ...:D

16. malladora

malladora Rookie

Mar 9, 2012
    Geneva
    So less than 50 bhp of difference ?

17. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Perfectly said !

18. MidnightRun

MidnightRun Karting

Nov 4, 2006
    Bit premature, don't you think? Let's see how the actual car looks, sounds and drives.

19. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    I've got a feeling day355 has a very good idea about how the car looks ;)

20. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    It will look WILD and will have power between 800 and 860hp

Thanks a lot. Can't wait to see that freakin' car

JagShergill likes this.
  21. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    #3171 KenU, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    ...and how powerful it is. Yes, he does!!!

of2worlds and JagShergill like this.
  22. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I’m looking forward to seeing what they do. How will she look. What new technical innovations will be revealed. Its fun to guess, at some point we will know. For what its worth I think the TDF exhaust sound > GTO/ but GTO engine/ induction sound > TDF.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Bundy and of2worlds like this.
  23. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Yes , fun to speculate .... these new big 3 would be imho a fantastic 3 car modern ferrari garage - ‘drop the mic’.... I feel lucky to ‘just ‘ have 1 of the 3 and possibly 2/3 if I get offered the VS ....quite a few members here will undoubtedly have all 3 when The VS arrives and cold starting all 3 next to each other would be a beautiful morning chorus ...... and then the tunnels !!! Oh la La !!!!!!

24. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Tdf is a great long term bet, be brave

25. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    A good judge on here asked me whether Monza Icona owners would be thrilled if Ferrari got more out of the 812 block for a £500k car than their car..........