FF Due Diligence -- Cost of Repair For Sagging Headliner? | FerrariChat

FF Due Diligence -- Cost of Repair For Sagging Headliner?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by PTC, Jan 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PTC

PTC Karting

Mar 30, 2010
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Peter Timan Clark
    Hi All,

You may remember me as the owner of a '99 456MGT 6-Speed that was sold at Bonham's in Greenwich, CT in June of 2017. Different board, but here we are...

Since selling the 456M, I've missed it every single day, and I'm now doing diligence on a 2012 FF.

I can see the car has a sagging headliner issue, and I'm asking the Board members here what the typical expense is for repair -- I'm sure this can be wide ranging, but any assistance is appreciated.

My dealer, Miller Motorcars, (Ferrari of Greenwich, CT) are normally very helpful, but cannot provide a quote without seeing the car, and that's not happening in this case.

Any help much appreciated as I call around for same estimates --
    Thx,
    Peter in CT

2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    FWIW my 360 CS needed this and it was ~$1500 all in, LosAngeles, used the shop the local F dealer uses. Note, this is not a leather headliner in the CS though.

3. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    Should not be a lot ...depends on the material...and of course ferrari tax.

4. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

Does it have a Pano roof?
    What material is the roof lined with?
    Could the material be re-used and just removed, cleaned up, and reinstalled?

An FF is 4-5 times the amount of material and labor to get access to than a 360, though I would ESTIMATE $3500.00
    Its a lot of work, Ferrari Tax or not...

If you want to PM me the chassis #, I will look to see if I can get teh details I asked above and get you a better idea of pricing.

Good Luck in your search and diligence!

Steve

5. PTC

PTC Karting

Mar 30, 2010
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Peter Timan Clark
    Hey Team,

Tyvm for your replies, after finding an experienced FF headliner guy, I'm pushing ahead to close on the SN183865. Contracts are signed. We are closed.

The car will be shipped from West Palm Beach to Black Bridge Motors in CT for repair w/historic hands "I've done too many to count" / about 8 hours ~$2500 / reasonable quote (will keep you posted).

Tx again -- happy to rejoin if all the pieces fall back in place / have a call to the Chubb agent in Westport CT for coverage ahead of shipping from West Palm to Connecticut sometime next week.

Pls stay tuned...thx again on replies.

PTC

mfr456 likes this.
  6. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    I wonder what's the cause of the condition.

7. PTC

PTC Karting

Mar 30, 2010
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Peter Timan Clark
    Thx / we're all good.
    I closed on VIN 183865. I'm flying down to West Palm Beach or having it shipped up.
    It was on the fringes of the market ahead of Christmas for less than 24hrs before I jumped on it. Wires are out / title is crossed.
    We are past the "cause" -- we are on to the solution -- and hands that are experienced to fix the headliner and whatever else. And that's fine.
    When buying an FF -- or any Ferrari -- guys pls just think of it as bringing on a 2nd wife. It won't work otherwise.
    You're gonna have to manage both.
    Will keep you posted.
    PTC