Say it ain't so, Joe. '68 Iso Rivolta restomod | FerrariChat

Say it ain't so, Joe. '68 Iso Rivolta restomod

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by bitzman, Jan 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    #1 bitzman, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2021
    actually I like about 90% of what they did on this ground up restomod on a Rivolta. Before you get inflamed as to a desecration of a classic, it has a newly made frame so presumably the old chassis is around someplace and could be used to repair a Rivolta or even make a Bizzarrini (which used shortened Rivolta chassis). the only part of this redesign that sticks in my craw is the BMW taillights.

Here's their description "Louie Shefchik and his company J&L Fabricating in Puyallup, Washington built this 1968 Iso Rivolta for Richard Griot, owner of Griot’s Garage. Since the Iso Rivolta originally came with a 327 ci Chevy V8, Richard wanted to stay with Bowtie power. Under the hood sits a LS7 V8 crate engine mated to a T56 Magnum six-speed manual transmission and modern Camaro rear end. The car rides on an Art Morrison chassis with a Woodward steering rack, Wilwood Pro spindles, multi-link IRS, and Penske shocks. A set of EVOD Industries custom Mura 17-inch wheels cover Wilwood 13-inch disc brakes. The project won second place in SEMA’s 2019 Battle of the Builders."
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

TheMayor, MK1044, wax and 5 others like this.
  2. Tegethoff

Tegethoff Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2014
    Los Feliz
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Cortina lights would be a better fit.

Boomhauer likes this.
  3. MK1044

MK1044 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    Don't love it but nicely done. Often I think guys overpower older cars, but since this has a new chassis it may be okay here.

Boomhauer likes this.
  4. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Very nice, for the most part......some unfortunate aesthetic choices made; taillights and mismatching bumpers the least of the issues.....(I know; his money, his choices...:rolleyes:). I was around when the project was started; lots of yelling and screaming, friendships terminated, "I told you so's..." :cool:

Boomhauer and MK1044 like this.
  5. MK1044

MK1044 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    Another thing: I don't understand the updating of an old car to this extent. If one can't appreciate the thing mostly for what it is; then why not start with a newer car that is closer to the driving experience one is looking for?

6. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The original wheels on this car were fantastic looking. I guess you can't find those remade in 17".
    If I were 10-15 years younger I'd think about the 17" wheels for my Espada along with a huge brake upgrade.