Ferrari ROMA | Page 146 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Which color combination are they building for you; with shields?

2. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Do you see your VIN assigned in the Ferrari App?

3. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Mine might be on the same delivery truck. It was status 30 (in paint shop) before the Christmas shutdown so is hopefully nearing the end of production now.

4. JES444L

JES444L Rookie

Oct 24, 2015
    Rosso portofino, with matte Nero wheels, yellow callipers, nero with giallo stitching interior.

With shields

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.
  5. JES444L

JES444L Rookie

Oct 24, 2015
    Yes it’s on the App even though it still says waiting list.

Dealer said the app is normally a few weeks behind and the pics may even come after the car is here!!!

of2worlds likes this.
  6. JES444L

JES444L Rookie

Oct 24, 2015
    Nice.... what colour combo did you go for??

7. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    My car may be just coming out of paint, status 30. Can you tell me the last 5 of your Vin so I can get an idea about how far behind you I am. Mine is 64465 Grigio Titanio

of2worlds likes this.
  8. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Blu Abu Dhabi with Cuoio

I don't think the VIN number has any bearing on the production sequence but others may be able to confirm that. My VIN appeared on the mobile app around mid November (week 47 I think). It was reported at status 30 (painting) on 16th December which is week 51. Production at the factory resumed on the 4th January and I just received the first production photo (of the body prior to painting) this morning on the web version of My Ferrari. My dealer had told me that the production photo's would likely not appear until after my car had been delivered as well so it was a surprise to find this one today. The production process is fairly swift once the shell has been painted assuming there are no supplier issues. I hope to get a status update from my dealer tomorrow.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

vcappp, aepma and Garretto like this.
  9. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003

10. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Winner combo, congratulations!!

11. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    It's around 11 years since I was last at the factory when they had just started production of the 458 but I think it took around 2 weeks or less to go from in the paintshop to completion of production. I'm not sure how long it takes nowadays.

12. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Thanks. I've not seen one in this colour as yet so am hoping it looks as good as I think it will.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Poss64, aepma, Julia and 1 other person like this.
  13. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Thank you.

14. aepma

aepma Rookie

Jul 24, 2013
    Europe
    wow! Quality content right there. Thanks!

of2worlds likes this.
  15. ChrisDiRe

ChrisDiRe Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris DiRe
    Took the Roma for a quick test drive at Ferrari of Palm Beach yesterday. Was surprised by how different it looks in person versus photos. Quite frankly the car is stunning. Definitely looks better in person without question. The one visual aspect that is much different in person is how the back end slopes down. The HUD detail is remarkable. In terms of the interior, I absolutely love the new dash. However I’m still not a fan of the center console and how it intrudes on the interior space.

This is definitely a car that looks better in a metallic color and in my opinion Rosso Corsa won’t work well on it.

The new eight speed transmission is flawless. What a great new upgrade to go along with a fantastic new model entry.

Definitely more of a GT car than I would have expected as I thought it might be too soft of a model to wear the Ferrari brand. I was wrong!

The one thing that really stuck out for me was the exhaust. Unlike my old 488, you really don’t hear the turbo in the Roma. It’s a great exhaust note that matches the car perfectly.

If you can you must test drive this car!

vcappp, RamsHmb, Poss64 and 3 others like this.
  16. aepma

aepma Rookie

Jul 24, 2013
    Europe
    vcappp and 008 like this.
  17. Vintageignition

Vintageignition Karting

Dec 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Mancini
    Any opinions on exterior carbon vs. standard lower trim on the Roma?

Cool Runnin' and glennkreisel like this.
  18. Matt L

Matt L Karting

Oct 1, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Hello all,

My car is ordered, specs finalised last week. I was looking at the configuration on the Ferrari phone app, the 3d version, and noticed that under infotainment there is now an option of “wireless phone charger”. I swear it wasn’t there before, and doesn’t appear in any other documentation I have, including price list. I’m in the UK. Anyone else seen this option, is it an actual option, or does it come as standard?

19. Vintageignition

Vintageignition Karting

Dec 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Mancini
    It’s an option, shown in the updated personalization docs

20. JHNurse

JHNurse Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2021
    Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Andy King
    I'm in the US. Just noticed this option and another option for a heated steering wheel in the 3-D configurator last week, too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Sometimes it’s good to go a little later ;). On question above about carbon, I went without on the exterior and I don’t think it’s that noticeable. I am Roma blu so maybe the darker colors create less contrast and thus less noticeable? I spec’d mine more old school GT so it wouldn’t have gone w the vibe.

of2worlds likes this.
  22. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Finally heard that my Roma will ship on 1/27. By air. Should be local within a few days thereafter.

Then prep and ppf.

I guess it will be a sweet V-day present!

SV

I have noticed almost no one else has posted about receiving a Roma in the last 2 months! Good to see the production chain open back up...

midengine, RamsHmb, 008 and 1 other person like this.
  23. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Oh that sounds great. Let us see some pics and tell us how it drives and looks in person. Thanks

24. aepma

aepma Rookie

Jul 24, 2013
    Europe
    I’ve always been told by dealership sales people, in moments of unexpected honesty, that exterior carbon trims are a bad idea for daily drivers, due to the natural wear and tear. And that was reinforced by the Ferrari salesman that sold me my Roma.

Doesn’t apply if you are planning on just using your Roma for weekend drives.

vcappp likes this.
  25. Vintageignition

Vintageignition Karting

Dec 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Mancini
    I’m more curious in opinions strictly based on appearance and resale aspects.

Cool Runnin' likes this.