Nice Pista 54K below sticker, nice coloration for those looking | FerrariChat

Nice Pista 54K below sticker, nice coloration for those looking

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Enzo Belair, Jan 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
  2. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    Holy mackerel! That's a well-optioned Pista. Just goes to show that ROI on options is a dead loser, underlying depreciation of the model itself notwithstanding. It seems so many of the Pistas settle in around the mid 400's when the smoke clears...regardless of the blingy options. A good illustration of the concept of diminishing returns, and something to keep in mind when one is contemplating that long option list while sitting in the elegant Ferrari dealership:) Heck, I was proud of myself for not ordering the expensive sound system, a decision that I'm thankful for each time I drive my delicious Pista and bask in the engine noise.

mkraft3003 likes this.
  3. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    That's what I call a loaded Pista!

FordGTDriver likes this.
  4. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Agreed. The higher you go with options the more you will lose. I thinks that’s the case with most of these cars. The higher optioned ones take the biggest hit, the bare bones ones are hard to move and the lightly optioned ones see the best ROI. Mike at Yellow Compass has an awesome Pista listed for 15k off of the MSRP of 425k. (I can neither confirm nor deny that I have a vested interest in that sale. Lol):cool:

tfazio likes this.
  5. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    513k msrp. Dealer probably bought back for 420k. driven 1139 miles. Sad. I think Ill call myself brilliant for a 429k msrp Pista. No car play, no AFS. no crap. Every exterior carbon piece and thats about it.

johnr265, GT2goneF, Nsd991 and 3 others like this.
  6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Was your paint a $15k option? I think mine was $35k, and I skipped the carbon. IDR what my MSRP was though.

7. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    That’s exactly how I feel. My 765lt is 390k and I just saw someone post their 518k spec and had to do a double take. Hard to recover that money on a high MSRP. If it’s a keeper then knock yourself out but if you ever go to resell it be prepared.

Jo Sta7 and SoCal to az like this.
  8. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Wow...very cool Pista! I want a Pista badly...I could be happy with it for many many years...but holding out to see what our economy does this year and keep enjoying my 2019 488. By the time I am ready they will probably all be well under MSRP...as most are now close to it with a few like this one under MSRP.

9. BusterX

BusterX Karting

Aug 24, 2016
    The converse of this is that when you are looking for a pre-owned car you max out the options, because they are "free".

10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Paint was no cost option. The stripe was like 15k. I skipped most of the useless overpriced options but I did everything carbon outside.

I had someone comment that they were surprised that I wasn’t doing a 500k car and was going on the cheap. I guess I got the last laugh cause he sold his car and lost money!

IloveGT, GT2goneF and mdrums like this.
  11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    We are in escrow in our house. New house is 18 months out. I was worried about economy also and glad to be out. Will rent while the new place is being built.

GT2goneF and mdrums like this.
  12. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    My 765 is $419. Reasonable price. I wanted all the carbon and I wanted a special color but that’s it.

mkraft3003 likes this.
  13. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    glad to be out? Did you sell the Pista?

14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Glad to be out of our home. Didn’t want to be stuck trying to sell our place and the new house was completed.

GT2goneF and Jo Sta7 like this.
  15. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Ah ok. Have you looked at that new Ritz property they’re building in Scottsdale? I’m thinking about picking up a 3 bedroom condo there. HOA sucks but the amenities will be incredible.

16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    We actually had a deposit on a 3 bedroom there but pulled it cause we couldn’t get a completion date. Now we are looking at serval options. Have a reservation at the Waldorf in Dana Point but that won’t be ready till October. My house will
    Be ready next August probably. Looking at options for apartments, rentals, buying a smaller place. Lots going on but i don’t have to be out of my place till middle of April. Buyers deposit goes hard in 5 days. When that happens we are going to kick up the search a notch.

GT2goneF and Jo Sta7 like this.
  17. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    A lot of the times simple is better and classier. You did great!

SoCal to az likes this.
  18. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    That’s the right idea for!

Fastest sub $400k car in the world right there!!!

May the Horse be with you

mkraft3003 likes this.
  19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Too monochromatic for me