Thoughts on eBay factory parts books | FerrariChat

Thoughts on eBay factory parts books

Discussion in '308/328' started by Saabguy, Jan 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
  2. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    From other real ones I've seen, I'd say it's real. They are worth 300 bucks if you are willing to pay 300 bucks for one as a collectable. If you are not, they're not! ;)

You don't need one as far as performing maintenance/finding parts for the car. But if you need one because you WANT one, that's a different thing! :)

rjlloyd and Saabguy like this.
  3. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    The various exploded diagrams are on the web sites of a number of Ferrari parts suppliers. But in at least one instance the supplier has lost the ability to have these on line, for some unknown reason associated with the factory. Knowing Ferrari, once the old models become highly valuable, they will want their piece of the restoration market action, and anything helpful to the hobby crowd will be removed from public access. So, the original parts books might well be handy to have if you are a long term owner/collector. I have a 1986 Service Time Manual for my Mondial 3.2, and it also has exploded diagrams but without part numbers. Handy sometimes to look at the time and get some appreciation for the scope of various repairs and maintenance. Bought it years ago, the Binder style and print looks very similar to the one you linked, so I presume that one is an original. The Ferrari coloured logo on it just a sticker, I would not expect it would have been on the binder originally.

4. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Thanks for your input guys, I haven't heard anyone say, "It's FAKE!! RUN!!." so i figure I'm good. I like to have factory manuals just in case.

Lester

5. Milkshaker0007

Milkshaker0007 Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2012
    Midlands,uk
    Full Name:
    Paul
    i just downloaded mine and printed it out into my own binder for reference and use. its aging great with all the oil/grease marks like an original ;-)

6. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    You will not regret. I have original parts books for all my F cars and I find it handy to have the manual immediately available in hard copy and it is a nice piece of original accessory to have with the car for years to come. Who knows how long times these are available.

Best, Peter

7. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Looks original, I also have one for my 308 that I refer to frequently searching for part numbers and diagrams. It’s a very helpful reference.

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The Blue Binders as far as I know have not yet been replicated.

As others have said, they are "on the web" you could print the scans, but I agree the OEM book is pretty cool.
    My old shop had a huge library of them before the owner died.....all lost to history.

9. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    #9 Rosey, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021