Drivers Side Rear Turn Indicators Lights Not Working | FerrariChat

Drivers Side Rear Turn Indicators Lights Not Working

Discussion in '308/328' started by 308Dadoo, Jan 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308Dadoo

308Dadoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2010
    Aliso Viejo CA
    Full Name:
    David
    My left turn indicator is front signal light is fast flashing. Left rear is dead. Bulbs are good. Right side is fine. Left rear back up is fine and brake lights are fine.

Bad ground in back? I’ll be digging into it this weekend. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. 308Dadoo

308Dadoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2010
    Aliso Viejo CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Should also add...no running lights on drivers side. The two bulbs do not light when running/parking lights should be on. Passenger side is fine.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    At this point the contacts in these old lights have depressed/deformed.

After removing the lamps and with the circuits OFF, reach in and grabbing the arc, pull it forward toward the lamp.
    It's also a good time to sand the contact in the socket, and examine the lamps, the tits on the lamp wear flat with vibration.

They can be "good and not touching, so sand these contacts back into a cone too..

Side lights, same notes apply, more likely grounding there, due to a respray or corrosion.

4. 308Dadoo

308Dadoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2010
    Aliso Viejo CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Thx. My thoughts also.

5. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Don't forget to clean or at least run the emergency flasher switch back and forth lots of times. Common fault area because it never gets used.

308Dadoo likes this.
  6. 308Dadoo

308Dadoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2010
    Aliso Viejo CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Bugging me so I got up real early and went out in the garage before work to tinker. I took out the taillight bulb assembly and tested for current with running lights and found no power at the bulb sockets. I worked back to the connector and noticed the double blue wires had worked its way out of the connector and the blade was showing signs of corrosion.
    Quickly cleaned it up and pushed it back in and IT WORKS !
    I'll go back in there this weekend and do a more thorough removal of the corrosion.

dinoart likes this.
  7. 308Dadoo

308Dadoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2010
    Aliso Viejo CA
    Full Name:
    David
    BigTex and miketuason like this.