Corvettes whilst driving my 360 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Corvettes whilst driving my 360

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Husker, Dec 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joeyfrost

joeyfrost Rookie

Dec 28, 2018
    Thanks robert I also have questions about the other turn on the steep incline. Is it better to turn early inside to stretch outward on acceleration or super wide throughout? Wide into the apex? Its a very intimidating turn that looks like its a wall not a road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. joeyfrost

joeyfrost Rookie

Dec 28, 2018
    You know that saying... you catch more flies with honey...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turbokraft likes this.
  3. Karrnutt

Karrnutt Rookie

May 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Wayne Peterson
    Right you are. As a designer and illustrator for many, many years, before I "retired" to become an editor and test rider for two motorcycle magazines I can tell you that every so often the planet's align and an iconic design is created. Be it divine inspiration, the muses, or dumb luck, I really can't say. I do know you can't force it, heaven knows I have tried. But wow, when "it" happens, it's like lightening in a jar. That's where the 308 lives, along with the 1963-1967 Corvette's, early Jag XKE's and a few other select machines. The one thing they all have in common is that they are truly "timeless." And if your lucky enough to have had a hand in it's creation, you too will become...legendary.

bernieb likes this.
  4. Admiral Goodwrench

Admiral Goodwrench Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2005
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Robert Phillips
    Hey Joey, it depends a lot on your particular vehicle characteristics. Too early apex carries the risk of going off to the left at the top. With sufficient power a late apex probably is quickest. When is the run?

Best regards,

Robert

5. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Usually every time I take the F car out for a drive I run into someone like this. Mostly Tesla drivers though...

6. Karrnutt

Karrnutt Rookie

May 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Wayne Peterson
    Is it just me, or does that flat slab Tesla front end look "odd?" I know it gets noticed, but so does an Edsel...ugh!

7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I keep thinking they're non-911 Porsches until they get close. More power to them - literally and figuratively - every drop of gasoline they save is one more for me to burn up in my Ferrari!

T

Nospinzone likes this.
  8. Karrnutt

Karrnutt Rookie

May 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Wayne Peterson
  9. 26street

26street Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2021
    Westchester New York
    Full Name:
    Mark k
    Lol I always have someone in all types of “sport cars” revving their engines or trying to race me
    the kids in Japanese imports are the worst I’ll be on the highway just cruising they will always pull next and try to get me to race
    Really like I have nothing better to do but race on a highway in traffic “come on “ I have nothing prove to them or anyone else
    I told one “kid” at a traffic light he was in a hopped up Japanese import looking to race light to light I said “ really you will get to that light before me but the hot chic standing at the curb will only see me in my Ferrari so you go ahead and get the ticket I’ll get the girl thanks”

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Simple. They finally found the little kid they know they can beat up. It's usually as simple as bragging rights. They can tell all their "Vette" friends at the Ian Ziering fanclub that they showed that pompous ****** in his slow Ferrari who's boss. It has nothing to do with being an enthusiast, but everything to do with being an insecure ****.

In my neck of the woods we see similar things from owners of various cars such as older M3's, GTI's, older Porsches etc. But more often than not it severely backfires on them. There is a bit of a cultural perception where I am that says that a Ferrari is not really as fast as Ferrari claims. Imagine the look of surprise when a kid in his Audi S3 tries to toy with a Pista. Yep, it is that level of ignorance...

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

tomc likes this.
  11. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Ian Ziering?!?
    Nice 90s ref there ICP.
    T

kes7u and Il Co-Pilota like this.