Ferarri service | FerrariChat

Ferarri service

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by AllItalian, Jan 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AllItalian

AllItalian Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 20, 2019
    TX
    So I have a question! Does it take that long for Ferarri technical to authorize any repair ? Reason I’m asking first time my car went in took more than 2 months for them to return it to me .....issues like PTU light coming on .......went in a second time for another light popping on dash was there another month ....no repair car was returned saying they could not reproduce the error code ,now it’s been there again 1.5 months for PTU light ,the speed sensor needs replacement and they tell me that they are waiting on F authorization,so absurd that I told them to buy the car from me

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  2. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Need more info.
    Model warranty status etc

Guessing Lusso on original warranty?

3. AllItalian

AllItalian Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 20, 2019
    TX
  4. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    My 328 has been at the dealer for 6 weeks, Im ok with that , as long as they fix what I brought it in for.

Thank you

5. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    My FF on the new power warranty had the PTU serviced in a similar fashion completely in three weeks with approval. No issues there after.

Is the current warranty? Or is this a goodwill work? Is it a new power warranty?

6. AllItalian

AllItalian Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 20, 2019
    TX
    Current warranty

7. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

Need more details, what was your exact complaint/concern, when was it dropped off ( August when the factory was closed / December during the holidays / During CV19 / Etc ) Was your concern intermittent or catastrophic failure? Etc

Does it take a long time to get approval for some repairs, yes. Ferrari requires test upon test upon test before approving high dollar repairs. There are all sorts of internal processes that have to be followed to the letter or its back to the start. I really like the warranty team at FNA. The same for the FNA Technical team. They have to answer to the factory. So the process is going to be followed. If not , its " No Soup For You !! "

Example, head gasket leak on an in factory warranty 488... 2-3 weeks just for the approval, then another 10-14 business days for the parts to arrived ( because you do NOT pre-order the parts, only once the parts kit has been released / approved will they ship them ) then another 5-7 business days to perform the repairs, another day for QC and clean up... that's if everything goes as planned.

There's a lot more to it, but to answers your questions, yes! It can take a long long time to get approvals for warranty repairs.

Steve

p.s. No, the tech / shop does not always get paid for all testing required to get your approval to repair.

Nospinzone likes this.