FF values. What's going on? | Page 42 | FerrariChat

FF values. What's going on?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by puckybadger, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

It’s probably 20k overpriced ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G. Pepper likes this.
  2. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Okay, but I see a lot of dreaming owners asking too much. Thanks! :)

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. Akhil

Akhil Rookie

Feb 19, 2019
    Medina Washington
    Full Name:
    Tom T
    32k Miles 132,000 !

4. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    It's because we really don't want to sell lol!

5. Natkingcolebasket69

The crazy part is there are only 2800 FF worldwide. Basic law and demand should mean it stays high price wise. That being said it’s been stable for a while now

6. evanmcm

evanmcm Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 15, 2009
    Chicago
    Very interesting that many here seemed to predict a strengthening of prices for FFs in the last year, and that seems to have taken place.

However I would suggest it's not because FFs have suddenly become more valuable, but rather that the entire used car market essentially stopped depreciating nearly the same time the Fed decided to pump every asset to the moon....and in fact prices now seem to be higher than at any point last year and even during much of 2019. Additionally, less for sale than I can remember in a very long time here in the US. And, to top it off, IMO, a poor selection of cars as well.

Seems Americans are unaware largely that you can order cars in colors other than black or white. You see the occasional silver, but even grey seems to be too adventurous for most people here, which is really a shame. Almost every FF on the market right now seems to be a rather muted, boring color combination. Seems there were far more "interesting" cars for sale in years past. I suppose those get held onto for longer.

The entire used car market seems to have followed this trend, there's probably about 15-20 different cars I keep track of on the used market and all of them seem to be, at the least, more expensive now than they were a year ago or even almost 2 years ago. And, in many cases, also a smaller & poorer selection. I think this asset bubble still has some legs but I'm not sure how much longer this can continue.

Local dealer here in Chicago wants 190k(!) for a 2016 with lower mileage and a rather "off the rack" specification. And what's more, they seem content to sit on these incredible prices for months without budging. Some of the cars on the market have been for sale for months and months with hardly a concession at all. Really can't remember anything like this happening in my (admittedly short) life previously.

Hoping to be in a position to seriously consider a more fairly priced example in the very near future, but honestly there's hardly one for sale right now that I'd buy at any price...where have all the pretty ones gone?

7. Natkingcolebasket69

It’s all subjective though. I own a Grigio fredo here in Cali and it’s a great color in the sun, I just came back from Paris and saw a few Grigio silver stone ones there and they looked the part and mine would look out of place with this weather etc.
    I’m sure u will find one- should be easy! Good luck!

evanmcm likes this.
  8. evanmcm

evanmcm Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 15, 2009
    Chicago

Seems there are indeed a fair number of Grigio Silverstone cars, which I do like...however even that seems to be hard to come by these days.

As with everything, it's always cyclical I suppose. Just always worried that the best ones may sort of find "semi-permewant homes" for a while right as I'm coming into the market. Will be interesting to see what comes up for sale this year.

9. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Having just been in the Lusso market I'd say the same as above. Finding the right spec with the fact that they aren't making these anymore will make them somewhat more desirable.

Example: I was looking at a V12 Lusso that was listed at Ferrari of Tampa for 219,900. It ended up selling at asking price. Same exact car was listed at independent dealership earlier in the year for 209k. Grigio Silverstone with Cuoio.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

evanmcm likes this.
  10. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    All 2+2's are rare, but it doesn't help their value: 400i- 1,305; 412i- 576; 456- 1,951; 456M- 1,338; 612- 3025.

timjen88 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Yep I know- pretty sad ;)

G. Pepper likes this.
  12. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    That's why I love V12 2+2's; so much car for the money! :D

13. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    I own an FF... and believe it is Ferrari's best ever 2+2 car...I absolutely love the design and impact the design makes...I absolutely love running it! It just feels so special and is the hidden gem in Ferrari world. And it is what I hear from most owners...they love it!

Bundy, ANOpax, G. Pepper and 2 others like this.
  14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Never gets boring or old

TJsBeer, Bundy, ANOpax and 2 others like this.
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

I wish it kicked me a bit more in the back seat. That DCT on fast shift is almost too good!

16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    get a tune

17. Outrun

Outrun Karting

Oddly, I’ve noticed a few people including other Ferrari owners and a friend who is a big time YouTube reviewer be super complimentary about the FF recently. Much more so than when I bought mine a couple of years ago.

I think the world at large has started to realise how good they are, just as the Porsche world woke up to 993s after a while.

ANOpax likes this.
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

I do have one. In the end it still is a big GT; can’t make it to be what it’s not;)

G. Pepper likes this.
  19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    are you certain you are using the pedal on the right??

TJsBeer likes this.
  20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    it does everything perfectly and it feels/sounds like a ferrari...

LeoBRK and Altoria F like this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

This one?;)

22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yes and neither your f355 nor your testarossa does that!!! I know for a fact!

23. Natkingcolebasket69

Nope but the 355 I bought based on ur advice is like a little go kart low to the ground;) Love it! I still miss my TR- next on my list:)

ttforcefed likes this.
  24. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
  25. mfr456

mfr456 Karting

May 3, 2015
    Melbourne
    plastique999, TJsBeer and Way2fast like this.