NFL 2020 | Page 56 | FerrariChat

NFL 2020

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Whisky, Jan 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Ben: 4 picks and he looked like a beached flounder on the hike that went over his head. Not good.

2. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Wow Cleveland. Steelers overrated lost 4 of 5 dosn the stretch played one good half against Colts.

Ravens look dangerous. Stout D shut down Henry and MVP Lamar is back. Should be interesting against Bills. 2 young stud QBs.

Saints-bucs another interesting matchup. Battle of the geriatric QBs.

TheMayor and tomc like this.
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Per Sport Trac, his cap hit doubles next year to $40M.

Has Mason Rudolph shown enough for Steelers to ride into battle with him.
    They seem to have a good core of young WRs, so I can see them keeping BR and going all out.
    Of course, Ju-ju has to get paid...T

4. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    Wow, quite a cap hit. Sort of adds to my thought that...............that's all she wrote for Big BEN. NOT how he wanted to go out. Nevertheless, a 500 passing yard day and he set an NFL record I think for completions in a single game. (?) Other decent accomplishments this past season like their 11-0 start.
    I watched intently the last couple of minutes as Ben marched the Stillers down the field, thinking this may be it....

5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Pitt is well above the cap per this website...

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Their cap space improves after 2021. Am assuming this is due to BR's contract lapsing...T

6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Our D stinks and now we hire a retread? Didn't he coach a team that gave up a 20+ point lead in a Super Bowl?!? Has JJ lost his mind? (rhetorical question).
    T

7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Wow! Three years after an SB victory. Adios! Iggs fire their coach...T

8. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Steelers saves $20 million by cutting Ben. I don't know, BB looked like he was done sitting on the sidelines crying next to Pouncey. His accuracy really deteriorated last 5 games, one of the INT's yesterday he hit the Browns' player right on the numbers. Tipped balls, sailed passes and passes thrown behind. His 500 yards and TD's were garbage points.

Tough decision for Steelers management. Even if Ben comes back, draft a QB with the first round pick. Maybe Trey Lance or Mac Jones? I'm not convinced Kyle Trask will be a successful NFL QB.

9. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Jones needs to fire himself. Of all the potential DC's available, he picked one who stunk up ATL. Quinn's Legion of Boom was fearsome too bad that was 7 years ago. Swtiching back to a 4-3 scheme isn't brain surgery, could have picked a different DC instead of a Kiffin/Marinelli retread.

10. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Fractured beyond repair relationship with Wentz. Bummer I guess this means Wentz is coming back. Maybe Daboll can work his magic like he did on Josh Allen? I'd rather roll with Jalen Hurts.

tomc likes this.
  11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Dolphins should pick DeVonta Smith with their third overall pick; that'll give Tua a familiar (and extremely good) target to throw to. But will the Jets pick him first to keep him out of Miami's hands?

12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Unless they think the 3 young WRs make Ju Ju replaceable, I agree, he walks. Don't think he'll retire though.

T

Surfah likes this.
  13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Retread HC. Retread DC. They'll likely fire Kellen Moore after one bad game and hire back Chan Gailey! LOL.

As my wife said, even if JJ steps aside, we're still stuck with his son. Wish JJ would let his daughter run the team. She seems the smartest one of the lot.

T

Surfah likes this.
  14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    It'll likely be the only way the Jets can put one over on the Dolphins for the foreseeable future! It's NYC, they'll have to pick a QB or the press will crucify them. They're still looking for the second coming of Joe Namath...T

15. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Ya NYJ will go Justin Fields or Zach Wilson.

Fins have to snag Smith. College reunion with Tua and Smith absolutely balled out in N/C before hurting his right hand. Healthy Gaskin and Gesicki. Parker as WR2. Fins are a playoff contender.

16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Dolphins had one of the youngest teams in NFL this past season. They should also sign some veterans who've been to the postseason, character guys, to plug some of their holes, and provide some locker room leadership for the young guys...T

17. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Veteran leadership was something Fitzpatrick provided from the end of 2019 but his presence may be detrimental to Tua’s development. Signing some free agent veterans on both sides of the ball is a good call. Fins are a 10 win team. Flores is a solid coach.

tomc likes this.
  18. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    It looks like the game in Buffalo on Saturday night will be snowy. Will that favor one team over the other?

19. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    40% chance of snow. Lamar never played in snow before. Advantage Bills. Of course Lamar could rush for 200+ yards and 3 TD’s. Should be interesting for sure.

20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Baltimore is not exactly Miami or So Cal in terms of weather.

Perhaps more importantly, Ravens are by far the most run heavy team in NFL. Buffs have third most passing yards among offenses. If the flakes start flying, would you expect it to slow down the passing game more than the ground game?

T

21. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Baltimore is one thing. Western NY in the polar vortex is another. 1” inch snowfall favors the run. Singletary and Moss could ball out. Same with Edwards Dobbins and Lamar. I would go with Bills.

tomc likes this.
  22. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    my jets sign salah as new hc! perfect guy for the job. tough with big personality who should get along great with gm. thank god didnt go with peterson or bienemy. now give darnold one more chance and lets go jets. all i ask for is to stop being embarrassment but trevor wouldve been so nice. oh well

23. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Most of the mock drafts now have the Jets picking Penei Sewell, the highly-rated offensive tackle out of Oregon. Consensus seems to be that Darnold will be a good QB once he has protection and some better weapons. I don't see them picking Justin Fields; there is no guarantee he'd be better than Darnold, who was obviously highly regarded coming out of college.

One mock draft has the Dolphins trading Tua and their #3 pick to Houston for Deshaun Watson; I just don't see that happening. I think they're positive on Tua and will draft DeVonta Smith to give him a great (and familiar) target.

tomc and 95spiderman like this.
  24. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Has Urban Meyer told media he and his wife drove through Jacksonville years ago and it was their dream to be a part of the Jags organization? Has he said yet this was his dream job all along? How long until he says health problems will make him have to step down?

**substitute Gainesville and UF to get what I mean ;)**

Texas Forever likes this.
  25. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I think you are being pessimistic. I believe he will stay until at least Thanksgiving.