Lurkers -- come out and play | Page 39 | FerrariChat

Lurkers -- come out and play

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by GrigioGuy, Feb 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. elemental03

elemental03 Rookie

Sep 13, 2019
    Hi,

I've been lurking the forum for a while, figuring this is about as close to a Ferrari as I am going to get! I especially enjoy the photos of other members cars and reading their stories as well as playing around with the Ferrari configurator. Which brings me to a question - has anyone been experiencing problems with the configurator lately? Whenever I use it on any model I get the spinning circle on Roof Options and always the Summary which doesn't allow me to do anything. I can't view the images or download the brochure. It just stalls. I have searched around and haven't seen anyone else mention it. I have tried Firefox, Chrome, both in safe mode with everything else disabled. The only extension I use is AdBlock and I have tried turning that off too but no luck. I was hoping someone else has experienced this and may have a suggestion or idea to get it working again.

Thanks for reading and I'll continue to enjoy everyone's posts...

Dan

russellmcg and jm2 like this.
  2. Mr. Uy

Mr. Uy Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2020
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Charlie U
    Hi everyone,
    Long time Ferrari fan here, and waiting to get my first. I’ve got a couple little ones, so an M5 has been pretty perfect for me until I can afford to be less practical! Also named my oldest son Enzo if that indicates the passion :)

Have been considering an F430, but really want a 599. Gotta have a V12 if I can.

Charlie

russellmcg and Regular Guy 01 like this.
  3. wareaglescott

wareaglescott Rookie

Jul 19, 2020
    Auburn, AL
    Full Name:
    scott spencer
    Hello, long time car guy looking to become a first time Ferrari owner. Reading as much as I can here to learn about the cars. I like doing a lot of auto work myself. Current garage includes a 2018 911S I bought new. I have a Factory Five Cobra I built and just recently completed a 1979 911SC project I spent 675 hours of my labor on completely redoing it including a strip down to a bare shell and color change (had the paint work outsourced).

Even though the 79 911 is my slowest car I find it the most engaging to drive and I really enjoy that classic driving experience. Plus I can drive it relatively hard without being at go to jail speed. The sane speeds are over by 3rd gear in the other two. I am interested in a 308/328 I can work on myself and enjoy. Will be looking to purchase one of those in the coming months. I have found on my other project cars that forums have been crucial to figuring out what I need to know. I look forward to getting some great information here. In real life I am an airline pilot so enjoy plenty of time off to play with cars.

4. VS2K

VS2K Rookie

Aug 24, 2020
    NE
    #954 VS2K, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    I've loved cars for as long as I can remember. As a kid I got the Great Marques Ferrari book and since then Ferraris have been an obsession/goal. Also as a kid, I had several Burago models of the cars I admired.

I currently have an AP1 Honda S2000 for my fun vehicle. However, circumstances are such that I'll finally get to be a Ferrari owner this year. I love how the S2000 is raw and go-cart like. I've decided that for my first Ferrari and to complement the S2000, I would like a GT with a V12. Oh and it must be manual so a 550 Maranello it will be. I'm currently searching for one and will be driving some examples to find the best one for me.

russellmcg likes this.
  5. Senappi

Senappi Rookie

Apr 19, 2004
    Stockholm.se
    Hi.
    I'm a megalurker.

russellmcg likes this.
  6. Odeezy

Odeezy Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 10, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jason O'Dell
    Hello, new lurker here. I have a 1992 Porsche 964, a 2020 E63 wagon (username JODE63) over at MBworld, a 1949 Chevy 3100 pickup that I had built by Hot Rods and Custom Stuff in Escondido, which I'm thinking about selling to buy a F430 gated.. I went and drove a F430 F1 today and confirmed that gated for me is my preference. I did however see a 355 that was amazing.. So I'm planning to dig a little deeper into that. I have a friend who has owned several Ferraris and he's telling me to run from the 355... but he didn't own a 355. Anyway! Looking forward to possibly joining this club.

Attached Files:

7. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Check out the F355 section. The cars are amazing and once sorted out by an enthusiastic owner provide a trouble free experience. Most of the trouble is noted when people buy a very cheap, non-maintained example and go for giant headlines on YouTube... Same thing happens on any other expensive car that was put away wet...

The F355 has a cult following for a reason. You might have trouble finding a berlinetta these days as they are VERY sought after.

Nothing wrong with your other choice but is a very different feeling car. Do your own research from actual owners and then pull the trigger on a great example.

Best.

Robb

russellmcg and Odeezy like this.
  8. Jussi

Jussi Rookie

May 28, 2019
    South Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Jussi
    Hey guys, fairly new lurker but a car guy and Ferrari fan ever since I was a kid. Originally from Finland and currently in Midwest US. Being from Finland I thoroughly enjoyed witnessing Kimi‘s win after a long draught in Austin 2018. My car history is mostly Germans, ranging from a 1975 911S to Cayenne and later model BMWs and Mercedes. I also have a soft spot for Alfa Romeos, drove a 147, couple 156s and 159s when still in Europe. Currently daily a C 43 AMG.

To me the purest driving experience has been that old 911. Now that the kids are a little bigger and my wife is finally about to graduate with a PhD, I’ve started to plan for my next fun car. I enjoy being engaged in driving and my goal is to get a gated 355 or 360 in the next year or two. I enjoy working on my own cars too whenever my skill level is up to the task. This forum seems like a great resource and I keep on coming back to learn more!

russellmcg, MackF1Spider and ryalex like this.
  9. Targa Tim

Targa Tim Rookie

Sep 7, 2008
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Hi Guys- I've joined over 10 years ago but have not posted since I don't have a Ferrari yet.
    Have always been a Porsche guy. Only have Porsches in garage since over 10 years ago. Now have 4 Porsche 911s and 2 SUVs, newest one is a Speedster.
    Got invited to a Roma driving event 3 weeks ago, then placed order one week later for a Rosso Corsa Roma with delivery next July.
    Looking forward to our first Ferrari ownership, and learning more about Ferrari in this forum.

LARRYH, Jack-the-lad and russellmcg like this.
  10. john earhart

john earhart Rookie

Nov 15, 2020
    New hampshire
    Full Name:
    john earhart
    Hello Everyone!
    My name is John, and I am not one for
    I am looking to find a Ferrari project (I know, I know, cheapest Ferrari is the most expensive). I am very mechanically inclined and have always wanted one. I have been around Maserati, Lotus, Porsches and other exotics, but I have never managed to have things line up for a Ferrari. I have been told that this is a WONDERFUL resource and that this community is a very helpful one. Here's to good times for the future!

pilotoCS and LARRYH like this.
  11. BrooksCopeland

Jan 3, 2018
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Full Name:
    Brooks Copeland
    Hello from Atlanta Ga, I'm Brooks. I've had 911's and R8's but still investigating my first F car. I've gotten more serious this year. Both my parents have passed recently, so I figure life is too short and why not drive a Ferrari everyday. The best part of my day is dropping my little girl (2yr old) off to school in the morning so I'd like to find a good solution with regards to using a car seat. I'm looking at California's. I'd rather have a 458 but it may have to wait until she grows a bit.

12. swc5150

swc5150 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2021
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Scott Calderwood
    Greetings all,
    Long time lurker, and finally joined this afternoon. I'm a long-time Porsche and BMW owner, but am looking to make the leap in the near future. Ironically, like Brooks above, I too find myself with a family preferring room for 3. With that, the search is on for "right" early model Cali. BUT, if a "cant say no" deal on a 430 should appear, an exception may be on order! Regardless, it will be an enjoyable pursuit.

13. Archiebald

Archiebald Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Stuart Meek
    Another guilty lurker, loving the forum and making my way through the “show your garage” thread. My garage is currently a wet, damp sectional concrete affair. Soon to be replaced and one day something that might grace this forum.

Thanks all for sharing your wonderful cars

14. Spoili

Spoili Rookie

May 23, 2017
    CH
    Hi. Marco, 35y from switzerland. coming from a 997.2 GT3 to a 458 Italia '11 in nero daytona and of course the racing seats.
    question: how can I send messages to specific users? I just made the upgrade but too stupid to find it??

15. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Hey guys, put deposit down for my first ever F car yesterday! Roma on the way in September, wish me luck!

Archiebald likes this.
  16. Archiebald

Archiebald Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Stuart Meek
    Nice one, beautiful car regardless of people saying they are for the wife. What spec and what was it like going in the dealership knowing you were going to do the deed?

17. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Thanks! Unfortunately no dealer visit as in the UK and we're in the midst of lockdown #6792. Spec not finalised as hoping to be able to do this after ld in dealership in time for a September delivery but contemplating the following:

Magneride, Rosso Corsa (dealer advising against but first F car and kind of the dream for me), crema leather Daytona seats with stitched headrests, forged wheels, yellow calipers, shields, carbon kicksills, carbon wheel, upgraded stereo, android auto(? Can't see this on the option list), electrochromic mirror, surround view (I think this is cameras all around car for parking?), mps4 tyres, silver dedication plate.

Dealer is recommending split/fold rear seats but can't see the point tbh. Will also get various options to have leather instead of alcantara but not sure what those are called and options list is slightly confusing on that point.

Not bothered about wife comments, to me it's the best looking Ferrari in decades. Considered the F8 but at the launch event I got invited to in Italy late 2019 found that feet are too large and hit the brakes when using the accelerator unless jamming my foot as far to the right as possible. Also being 6'3, car feels a bit more spacious and comfortable than the F8. This will also be a kind of daily driver with somewhat regular commutes into London so something a bit more easygoing is perfect for me. Car was plenty fast enough on a test drive (to the shops for essential food shop of course! ;)

Edit: despite not going to dealership, the feeling of driving it then putting deposit down same day will go down as one of the more significant, amazing and memorable experiences of my life. Still on a high 32 hours later!

GTFan and Archiebald like this.
  18. GTFan

GTFan Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 10, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Congrats! I saw the press Roma at our local dealer and it is a beautiful car!

19. Archiebald

Archiebald Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Stuart Meek
    I’m in the UK as well so know the Lockdown pain, I like the Roma would love a blue one. I think there are a few things they’ve got very right with that car. There’s just something about it

20. David Allan Feller

Oct 25, 2020
    Newmarket, UK
    Full Name:
    Dr. David Allan Feller
    Good afternoon, all. I'm not sure if I've been lurking or not; I may have posted before, but no matter, I became a new owner in November: 1979 308 GT4. She's a lovely thing. I am learning a lot from the various threads and hope to meet some of you in the UK.

21. pnd4pnd

pnd4pnd Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2021
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric Thune
    Lurked for a few weeks and pulled the trigger on a 2011 Pozzi Blue 458 / Cuoio with 20K miles. She's on a truck and due to be delivered later this week! Can wait. Other cars are a 68 Camaro Restomod, 2013 911S Cab, and a Tesla Model 3 Performance.

Eric

Attached Files:

22. AZ77

AZ77 Rookie

Feb 6, 2021
    Mexico
    Full Name:
    Andres Z
    Hi guys, I recently joined the forum but have been a Ferrari enthusiast for much of my life. Have had the privilege of touring the Ferrai factory twice, and attended Universo Ferrari in 2019. First time I visited the factory, the F430 and 599 were in production, and the FXX program had launched, actually saw a crashed one track-side :(...

I started the path into Italian exotics back in 2018 with a 2009 Maserati GranTurismo, great to drive the kids around, in sort of a detuned 4 seater F430 ;)... So now the path is set to grab a nice F430 Scuderia, just need to dial down the financials to be able to afford it in cash.

A friend of mine has done real well recently and has splurged in toys. He let me drive his 512TR and 488 GTB, both have been great experiences, and I'm waiting to climb behind the wheel of an 812 he just bought lol...

Anyways, I'll probably start a thread when the actual Scud hunt begins, can't wait!

Cheers

alum04org likes this.
  23. Boy Wonder

Boy Wonder Karting

May 23, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Fred Wolf
    looking st the date of your post,, (2006) you must be an old man by now,, i hope you got your Ferrari and that you enjoyed it

24. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    Don't believe a car has to be fast, 0-60 in xx seconds, to be able to enjoy it.

25. Robert Collins

Robert Collins Karting

May 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Robert S. Collins III
    Joined about 9 months ago and lurked here shopping for a 458 Spider, and learning and reading all about them. Pulled the trigger two weeks ago and bought a Rosso Corsa/Black 2013 458 Spider. I cannot tell you how much I love it. I have been a German car guy since 1986...BMW/Porsche/Mercedes and Audi with my R8 Spyder. I am still very much a German sports car fan, but Italian is now running hot in my veins and I am loving every minute of it.

I have the 2013 458 Spider, a 1996 911 Twin Turbo, a 2002 BMW M3 Convertible Active Autowerke Supercharged beast, and a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. The wife and kids have four other cool cars but those are mine.

cy0811 and TheBigEasy like this.