2021 F8 what would you do after 1 year | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2021 F8 what would you do after 1 year

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by fxbianca, Jan 15, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chadly

Chadly Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2010
    Bothell, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I forgot it's ok for you to assume just not me. I noted that. Wont let it happen again.

2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    But but but.....taxes.....rich.....cash!!!!!

IloveGT likes this.
  3. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I didn't assume jack about you. I was just going by what you said. Own it up and get outta here.

4. Chadly

Chadly Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2010
    Bothell, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
  5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Cute meme. Does calling someone a complete idiot for asking an innocent question regarding their financial options regarding a car on a car forum qualify as arguing on the internet or being a troll? Asking for a friend.....

IloveGT likes this.
  6. Chadly

Chadly Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2010
    Bothell, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Well he said he was thinking about the payment and was not making the payment currently so I said an idiot would take on that payment. You guys assumed and took my posts out of context. Take the advice I PMd you. We can talk tomorrow Skippy when the wine wears off o_O

7. fxbianca

fxbianca Karting

Apr 7, 2004
    Stuart FL
    Full Name:
    Frank Conidi
    Thank you for the comments.

Business is back to near 2019. AR’s can lag 6 to 12 months. So we are still feeling the cash flow issues from 2nd and 3rd quarters. Thus I don’t want to pull 75K out right now. I anticipate we will do better in 2021 i.e. beat 2019. I really let this sneak up on me as I should have sold the 458 sooner however the dealer said the car was scheduled for a March delivery date.

As for the financing 4.0 apr. 59% balloon at 5 years i.e 172K. I did a similar deal with my 458 which I purchased in 2014 for 190K and traded my 348. Once I sell the 458 can refinance and get the payments down to the 1900 I was paying for the 458..

For those who have questions on where I got the figures on the 2020s. They are listing for 350 to 399K so I would be shocked if I did not at the least get my money back at one year.

My real issue and I guess I was not specific is value?? Is there really that much difference in the F8 and 458 to warrant the switch at this time. Esp if I can keep it for a year and then flip it and get my money back and then some and buy another 458 with warranty options. I try to drive my car every weekend and it is my major source of stress reduction. I love the car and one of the major reasons on buying the F8 was future repairs as it was out of warranty options.

8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    you know, when everyone is talking about the obnoxious troll in the room and you are wondering who they are talking about, you just might be that troll.

And unfortunately no wine foe me tonight. Government check didn’t come this month and the liquor store wouldn’t accept an iou.

GT2goneF likes this.
  9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You will get a million differing opinions on whether the 458 is better of the F8. What you will get complete agreement on is that the F8 like virtually every Ferrari will be worth less in a year.

Buy the F8 if you like the car and can afford it. Not because you think it’s gonna go up in value.

10. Chadly

Chadly Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2010
    Bothell, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Well I would use something as an excuse because out of all the dumb posts in this thread, stating that someone takes vacations that cost more than someone's net worth, was hands down the trolliest post here regardless of what your internet buddy GT says...

11. Chadly

Chadly Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2010
    Bothell, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    458s don't need warranty. Keep it and keep enjoying it. Mine has almost 20 k on it now with 0 major repairs. Stay away from a huge car payment.

12. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Respectfully, if you pay sticker you will not sell it for profit or zero loss after one year. If that concerns you at this point then pass on the delivery and call it a day. Get back in when your finances are solid.

Alexcle, Chizz, mkraft3003 and 3 others like this.
  13. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    And just when I thought you are gone. how much attention do you need, buddy? Just fly to vegas already

SoCal to az likes this.
  14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I use that analogy to try to prove a point to you and you take it literally.

jesus. You need more help than I though.

15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    He literally thought that I was saying that people take more expensive vacations than his net worth. Lol.

Someone needs to learn to read between the lines. I would not send someone like this to Vegas. It could be a blood bath for them. They might even have to finance their Ferraris with all the money they may lose.

GT2goneF and IloveGT like this.
  16. BLKBLK

BLKBLK Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2011
    As gorgeous as F8's are, I also believe you won't be able to retain what you paid for in a year. If you're leaning towards delivering an F8 based on a speculation that you will sell it for the MSRP after a year, I think you should reconsider. I vote you keeping your 458 for another year. See where your business goes in 2021 as times are uncertain. Your 458 should hold the value fairly well. F8's will probably lose about ~15 to 20% value in a year in my opinion. If you're business does well in 2021 as you're expecting, then you'll have a great opportunity to swap your 458 for an F8 in 2022. My 2 cents.

17. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    wisdom of a sage. always.

plus I always wanted a white RX-7 FD.

JJEply458 and MANDALAY like this.
  18. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    OP....the only thing better on the 458 is sound, the rest the F8 just flat out owns. No contest. Given your situation, I would just pass on F8, or take and flip if market is flat vs losing deposit. Who cares about the “cant sell it for a year” nonsense.
    You will lose a lot of $ in a year owning the F8, while the 458 likely maintains value.
    FWIW.

Gh21631 and IloveGT like this.
  19. Chasing Ferrari

Dec 18, 2016
    the F8 will loose 10-20% after a year
    Let them sell it and you may not loose anything

IloveGT likes this.
  20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Agreed with passing on the F8. You actually have a car that is holding its value and if well kept, may continue holding or even appreciate. I have seen some 458 selling higher and higher and 488 lower and lower. In addition, you may also lock in a preowned F8 in 2 years that may have taken a little depreciation and you get the car you want for less.

On another subject, I commend you all for putting up with all this back and forth nonsense from certain people in this forum. I just don't have the time or patience to go meet them at their level. He filled the thread with nothing but a big nothing and negativity. Simply not worth it.

21. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    To the OP, I would not pull the trigger on a F8 at the moment if you're concerned (even the slightest) about your financial situation, especially in these uncertain times. The 458 will appreciate, mine has (if I decide to sell it today), so just hold onto it.

The the friend here saying that he has zero respect for the one financing their cars... well I did that back when I was a lot younger (39 now but when I was around 25-30), not doing it anymore, both Lambo and F-car along with more ordinary day to day cars in the garage is cashed (well actually I did finance my 458 first but then decided to pay off the loan after 2 years) but tempting to go finance route again after reading this thread :)

EDIT: I know a lot of friends who spend more on their cutlery than I spend on my (pretty wild) vacations around Europe who still finances their cars so....

GT2goneF, Caeruleus11 and IloveGT like this.
  22. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I thought the scheme currently goes to 15 years

And as others have noted your loss today on the F8 will be smaller than in a year's time - already there are no premium cars in Europe and some below list

23. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Listed for...not sold for. Look how many are for sale currently. I think that it’s unanimous from the above replies that you will lose a good bit of money on a F8. There is no chance that it appreciates and no chance it stays at msrp. I’d factor in losing at least 50k on it and maybe more. You should buy these cars because you have the ability to and to enjoy them. Why buy a 350k depreciating asset if you are going to be worrying about your financial situation? When things are stable and the financial situation isn’t a real concern buy the car and reward yourself for all of your hard work.

GT2goneF and Chizz like this.
  24. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    May I suggest the book “How to win friends and influence people” by Dale Carnegie. You really come across the wrong way and that is why you are taking so much flak.

v35, GT2goneF, Ash Patel and 4 others like this.
  25. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    7 day ban for trolling, P&R outside P&R, offensive images, etc.

lukeb817, HH11, technom3 and 11 others like this.