My wheels got hit with lots of little balls.. | FerrariChat

My wheels got hit with lots of little balls..

Discussion in '360/430' started by CoreyNJ, Jan 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    So my OEM ball polished wheels had a little curb rash from the previous owner and the clear coat was failing with discoloration, oxidation and spiderwebs.

Most of the places who would use vibration polishing with ball media like the factory wanted between $250 and 350 per wheel and I had to bring them myself or ship the wheels both ways.

On a very boring conference call I was googling around and came across this website...

https://www.awrswheelrepair.com

so on a lark, I called the local franchise in Edison NJ and spoke to John. I sent a picture of my wheels and he told me $145 per wheel and he would come and pick them up and drop them back. Done was all I could think.

In preparation for knowing I would need to have send the wheels out, I had bought a spare set of 430 wheels which had slicks on them last year. I had actually just swapped my old tires on to them last week so I could even drive the car on the street if need be. I also kept the two rear slicks that are "Ferrari Challenge" marked tires for the eventual man-cave update.

The wheels were media vibration polished and powder coated with clear...

John just came about 2 hours ago and swapped why wheels, they came out awesome...

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Performify, NMNMNMN, van22 and 4 others like this.
  2. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Looks great! Thanks for the info! I’ve sent a quote request to my local company as I have two wheels that need refinished.

3. TM328

TM328 Karting

Jul 26, 2004
    New England
    Very Nice

4. griffith500

griffith500 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2010
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Tom
    If you are in Northern NJ, there's another company I used before - they were highly recommended by a body shop specializing on Porsche repairs ( he sends all his wheels there ) and I used them for a bent wheel on my daily driver last year. Pricing is in line with the OP.

https://njbentwheel.com/wheel-repair

5. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    So did my ex.....nice wheels, my car had ball polished challenge wheels when I got it. If they hadn't been Challenge style I would have kept them.