430 - Spider vs. Coupe | FerrariChat

430 Spider vs. Coupe

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Jan 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    I have driven from Zürich to Maranello and back in a day, circa 1,000 km in my CS, F430 Spider and Scuderia but you have to start very early and come back very late, best of those journeys by far was the F430 Spider, 180 kph in Italy with the roof down in the evening, unbeatable

VAF84, Themaven, ENDOSURG and 2 others like this.
  2. AandSC

AandSC Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 12, 2016
    Jax, FL
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Agree that spiders/convertibles are nice but as someone with more than one skin cancer it’s only coupes for me. I’ve driven all over Switzerland and Italy, awesome roads and food! Hoping we can come for vacation again in August.

3. catdog

catdog Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2010
    Coupe has beautiful lines, no worries about roof mechanism and more rigid body... but yeah I'd testing car for a trip here and there spider more fun...

4. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

AandSC likes this.
  5. Danedingerson

Danedingerson Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 26, 2011
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Dane
    I think the coupe is a good bit more sleek than my Spider. I live in Maui.so Spider wins.

6. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
  7. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    looks great all the 16m Carbon rear grills too

8. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    I'm a fair-skinned red-head (well, when I HAD hair, haha), but I still prefer the Spider. I've been driving convert's my entire life, beginning with a '72 Fiat 124 Spider in 1986, and moving my way through dozens of other open-air cars since then. It really wasn't a choice, to me.

9. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    Having both F430 coupe and Spider i love them both and for me they are in different categories. although the foundation is the same car... In generally, smooth lines of the coupe is like a wave thru the the whole car. Also, like the 2 tone, yellow car with black soft top more in that "category" (compared to hardtop wich for me feels more pratical but not the same convertible feeling)

Guess better if you only want one car and can not decide:)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. NY-3PEDAL360

NY-3PEDAL360 Karting

Jul 19, 2020
    IMO- 360 spider with the top down is perfect. I only drive the car when it’s nice out so why not enjoy the weather oh and the sound...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    great wheels on the Coupe

12. tmvatlanta

tmvatlanta Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2017
    Covington GA
    Full Name:
    Tam V.