812 GTS / Seat Options | FerrariChat

812 GTS / Seat Options

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Jurassic86, Jan 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jurassic86

Jurassic86 Rookie

Mar 20, 2017
    Hi Guys

Keen to hear from any UK forum members who's spec'd a GTS with the fully electric seats.

I'm torn between the Full Carbon and Full Electric. The reason is the heat function which appeals to me for having the roof down in the colder weather.

I'm 6'0 and like to think I won't be hitting the roof when it is up but any feedback or welcome.

2. czlandi

czlandi Karting

Jun 20, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    I always chose racing seats as they look better imho and they sit lower in the car to give you a crucial extra bit of head clearance. If you go for the very comfortable standard seat make sure you sit in a GTS with the roof closed and see if the sun visor is in your eye-line before you commit. It’s the single reason I choose racing seats and never spider versions. I have a Superfast and would never give it up for a GTS. The cockpit is cramped like a V8 car vs. the GT spaciousness of the Superfast and car doesn’t look as good imho. Especially in UK where we have really only a few months with the roof down. Not to mention a Superfast is much better value now! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

3. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I specced full electric and then sat in a GTS with them and didn't fit. Had to go racing seats by necessity and I am 6'3

4. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    6’4” and had a difficult time fitting in GTS with full electric comfort seats. Haven’t sat in one with carbon buckets, but that should give you more head room. At 6’ you’ll probably be fine, but you should go and sit in one with top up and down just to confirm

5. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    You will be fine at 6ft with full ele. seats in a GTS

6. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Im 6' tall with a GTS that has full electric seats and have no issues.

JesseRohr likes this.
  7. Jurassic86

Jurassic86 Rookie

Mar 20, 2017
    Thanks guys, I remember sitting in a 812SF with full electric and must admit I did feel a bit closer to the roof but just felt the heating option would sell it to me on the basis we get very few scorcher days other than summer!

8. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    I’m 6’2” and fit fine in the GTS full electric seats although the SF with the same seats was a bit more spacious overall

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat