Short Drivers | FerrariChat

Short Drivers

Discussion in '348/355' started by lkstaack, Jan 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lkstaack

lkstaack Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2020
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Lars
    I'm investigating the F355 and 360 for my first Ferrari. I think my spouse would be disappointed if she was unable to drive it, but she tops out at 5'. Can electric or manual seats accommodate this height?

Sent from my SM-G960U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    There is no adjustment for height, so that might be her primary concern. I just measured the distance from my spider accelerator pedal to the seatback (where your bum would be with the seat fully forward) and it was 34.5". I had to bend the metal tape measure to get over the rise at the front of the seat.

With 355's, it depends on how the driver's height is distrubuted (body length vs leg length). I wasn't sure how to figure out suitable eye height, but I tried to figure out how high the top of steering wheel was in relation to the headrest. I marked that point on the headrest and dropped the tape measure down to the seat (where your bum would be) and it was 25.5", but then I forgot to check where the tilt was on the steering wheel (I know it's not fully up or fully down). I don't think she would have any problems with the instrumentation, but she would want to look over the dash/instrument cowling to see at least some part of the nose of the car.

Perhaps you could take some measurements with her in the car she currently drives, including how high her eyes are above the seat... and the distance to the seat back from the pedals and I'll try to reproduce that on my car and take a photo.

3. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    You're in Australia and used inches? tsk tsk tsk. :(

I agree height would probably be the main thing.

4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    American audience and... I'm blaming my tools :D I have a tape measure with both imperial and metric, but the metric is in red and hard to read.

5. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Don't coddle us. We need to convert. The more we're coddled the longer it will take. :)

haha. Interesting metric would be in red. Personally I have like three or four metric only tapes and one dual.

Anyway, sorry for the hijack op! :)

6. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Lars - forget the measurements, have her test drive one of each model, that will be the only way you will know for sure. The steering wheel also adjusts up/down on the 355, that may be a factor for fit as well; the steering wheel might also be adjustable in the 360 I don't have any 1st hand experience.