Viper Owners ??? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Viper Owners ???

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by mikesufka, Jan 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    i have a 96 gts. blue w white stripes. bone stock. less than 5k miles. perfect. owned for 20 yrs.
    not cheap. serious inquiries please.

2. espvh

espvh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2005
    NEW YORK!
    OK, 99% stock, haha, new R888 tires, short throw shifter, oem shifter in box, Alpine stereo, oem nav radio in box, window tint, 3M clear bra on nose, 1/3rd of hood, rockers, door mirrors and handles. ACR-X canards. 1:33 Leguna Seca Viper floor mats. All books, keys, fobs, tools, track splitter, oem tire inflation pump. Complete.

Boomhauer and white out like this.
  3. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    If you're debating on selling the ACR for a Gallardo, go SL, Perf or STS.

Boomhauer likes this.
  4. espvh

espvh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2005
    NEW YORK!
    white out likes this.
  5. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Vipers are finally hitting its stride. it was such an iconic car in 1992-3 and again in 1996. nothing even came close. it was a big bold move.

71Satisfaction, white out and espvh like this.
  6. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
  7. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael

Can I Get some pics if still available?

8. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  9. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Gorgeous car. I’d love to have one sitting next to a C7 ZR1 and an 06 GT. Throw in a Ferrari V12 and that’s my perfect garage.

Boomhauer likes this.
  10. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Boomhauer, Zcobra1, mikesufka and 6 others like this.
  11. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    That orange looks killer. And no stripes focuses your attention on the wings and aero. Very nice

Thecadster likes this.
  12. espvh

espvh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2005
    NEW YORK!
  13. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I would choose the GT, but I think both are necessary. It’s worth mentioning at the onset, that all of my spirited driving is done on lonely 2 lane country roads. I do not track my cars at all. Where the Viper shines is on the track with the absurd downforce. So my application is not exactly what the car was designed for. Here’s a quick breakdown between the cars:

Thrust: Tie
    Both cars, are by modern standards, somewhat pedestrian in their straight line speed. They have nearly identical 0-124mph times of 11.8 seconds and 11.9 seconds (those times are super slow compared to my 765LT which does 0-124mph in 6.7 seconds) They weigh about the same at around 3400lbs. The butt dyno feels the same between the cars. Both cars have enough torque low in the rev range and provide plenty of instant power delivery. Neither provides the absurd acceleration of modern super cars.

Handling: GT
    While the Viper ACR is no slouch in the twisties, a front mid-engine car while never feel quite as planted as a rear mid-engined car. The GT just flows through quick corners, and long turns. It’s just automotive perfection in terms of balance, agility, steering, and concerning. It feels modern in that respect. It’s hard to believe Ford accomplished that level of performance 15 years ago, and without any modern electronic witchcraft.

Driving Experience: GT
    It’s just a perfect driving car. I got a proper 100 mile drive in on the 4th of July. I always marvel at how the sporty the car feels, but also how comfortable it is to drive. It feels solid, and it’s very playful at the same time. The low end grunt makes it a pleasure to drive. It doesn’t need to be wound up into the upper rev ranges. The Viper ACR just beats the hell out of you. It’s designed for smooth track surfaces. Plus, the Viper’s cabin is TIGHT, and the pedal box is slightly off center to the left. Fun car to drive, but it takes work.

Driving Theater: Viper ACR
    Not many cars provide the pure driving theater that the Viper ACR does. Loud, rough riding, obnoxious styling, and massive wing. It’s a blast to drive.

Ultimately, I love both cars. I personally think both cars will be $1M cars 10-15 years from now. They are both iconic American super cars. Through the choice of owning only one, it would have to be the GT.

14. espvh

espvh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2005
    NEW YORK!
    Excellent write up! Thank you!! I would love to take out a GT and compare it to mine, what I consider to be the best analog Viper:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Nativetroy, blkfxstc and BJK like this.
  15. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
  16. espvh

espvh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2005