Work hard, play hard and your dreams come true | FerrariChat

Work hard, play hard and your dreams come true

Discussion in '360/430' started by MauriM, Jan 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MauriM

MauriM Rookie

Dec 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just found my old high-school folder in the attic!

My parents were farmers when they left their hometown in Italy with only two suitcases looking for a better living to raise a family of 6 in Southern Germany. They worked hard their whole life, to make sure we will have it easier.
    Cars were always my passion and when I was 10years old I promised my dad that one day I‘ll pick him up in a Ferrari! He looked at me and said: Son, I know that I will never be able to afford a Ferrari, but if you will, it will make me very proud knowing that mom and I have met our goals!
    33years later, after marrying the love of my life and raising a family myself, I can proudly say that my parents did everything right!!
    Thank you mom and dad for making this possible! It’s not the F40 and it’s not red, but it’s mine! Work hard, play hard, but never forget where you’re coming from!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Great story and congrats. That is a great looking car.

Where are your parents from in Italy? My ancestry is Sicilian, both sides, with a v. small amount of Calabrian mixed in. Congrats again...T

3. MauriM

MauriM Rookie

Dec 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thank you!
    They are from a little village in the mountains near Naples, called Calitri. Spent most of my childhood vacations there with my grandparents. As a boy it was boring as hell, but now I love going there. So much history

Mimmo Blue and tomc like this.
  4. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

MauriM likes this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

A huge congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MauriM likes this.
  6. Silentnoiz

Silentnoiz Karting

Nov 18, 2017
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Silent Noiz
    Congrats! If I could go back and tell myself some thing, my younger self would be amazed. If you don't dream it, you're much less likely to get there.

tomc likes this.