Ferrari values post 2035 | FerrariChat

Ferrari values post 2035

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Batmobile99, Jan 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Batmobile99

Batmobile99 Rookie

Dec 17, 2020
    As mentionned in my title, what will happen to ferrari current model values post 2035 when all cars or the majority of cars being sold will be all electric.

2. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Buyers will determine their value. Just as in the case for ALL markets in a capitalist system

Jedi

3. zstyle

zstyle Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2007
    Fountain Hills
    Full Name:
    Jon
    ^ +1

Additionally, a contributing factor will be the cost of fuel and regulations imposed by governments on ICE vehicles.

paulchua and Robb like this.
  4. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    That's the part I'm worried about. Gradual tightening of emissions regulations and running up of fuel prices due to added taxes.

5. Batmobile99

Batmobile99 Rookie

Dec 17, 2020
    So basically you guys don’t have an opinion on the matter.

DetroitDetomaso and Jakuzzi like this.
  6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I think only cars considered special will continue to be collectible, because people will have to make decisions based on the added effort to keep them on the road. Mass produced exotics will fall by the wayside.

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Prices of even the least desirable models will sky rocket. To paraphrase Will Rogers' quote re: land, buy ICE Ferraris because they won't be making any more of them. ;)

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  8. Batmobile99

Batmobile99 Rookie

Dec 17, 2020
    Interesting to see the different opinions, I am unsure, one side tells me they will be collectibles, specially pre hybrid, and another side of me says ppl won’t enjoy them anymore due to new regulations, the hassle and maybe higher cost to own them will not make them collectibles.

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Yep, they will go up in value as they will still be desirable and no longer made like they used to be. I may need to overextend and get a Speciale before it's too late...reading the topics on % of net worth for an Fcar is not helping hah...

ZF123, Nospinzone and Batmobile99 like this.
  10. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I for one, dont really care about the values, I care about the nuts that are going to try and eliminate gasoline all together, then it wont really matter, will it , unless your " the white haired uncle" that was spoke about in RED BARCHETTA NP RIP

Thank you

JP365 and sixcarbs like this.
  11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Well, alcohol will always be around. Even the 18th amendment of the US Constitution couldn't stop it. Mid 90s and newer cars have fuel systems that can handle alcohol and are sealed from atmosphere to prevent the hygroscopic effects (if it was open to atmosphere you'd have a P0455 code thrown). You'll be able to use ICE for centuries.

ginoBBi512 likes this.
  12. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Fuel for our toys will be around for sometime to come I think.

Remember there is no ev solution for heavy industry, agriculture or aviation that will appear and replace everything in existence now by 2035 or within 1-2 decades after that.

ev cars, as somebody said is a middle class solution! Poor can’t afford them nor the infrastructure costs of them.

time will tell though and it will be interesting to visit this thread in 10 years time!

Personally I’m just concentrating on putting miles on my Ferraris; when we get let out!!!!

EastMemphis likes this.
  13. Spezia

Spezia Karting

Dec 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Weires
    Another concern will be whether certain locales ban ICE vehicles on their roads.
    Having gasoline available will be a moot point if this happens.

14. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Testarossas might be over $250k by then, maybe... :)

15. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Im not concerned about F Car values, as long as I might be able to afford some of the new machines coming out at some point in the future. I love what the OP said about ev being a middle class solution. Im grateful that the ICE will be around for the remainder of my time here on this rock, thats all that matters to me. The factories can pump out as much of that electric crap that they want, to satisfy the lying scumbags politicians that say they are good for the environment , which is a bald face lie. The dumbing down of this society is all part of the plan. Thankfully I should be long gone when this place along with most of the rest of the world will be futile to live in.The once great car capital of the entire world, will absolutely cease to exist in the not so far future, its that simple.

thank you

16. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    false premise.
    do you really think that ice cars will no longer be on the road?

17. Drl22

Drl22 Rookie

Dec 27, 2020
    The ICE car will become like the equestrian scene. There has never been any less need for a horse but the industry is booming.

Husker, wfu97 and mclaudio like this.