Heat Insulating Windscreen : spec it or just do aftermarket film? | FerrariChat

Heat Insulating Windscreen : spec it or just do aftermarket film?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by C50, Jun 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Any opinions on the stock Heat Insulating Windscreen, HAW1, versus aftermarket film?
    If I’m not mistaken, the factory version is laminated in the glass.

I have neither on my 488 and it can get noticeably warmer in direct sun (fortunately the AC is robust)

I added a UV-blocking film to my 911 and it’s helpful.

I recognize the aftermarket films will vary depending on manufacture and install.
    Wonder if there’s any significant plus or minus of the factory insulation to consider

Thanks

2. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    I have included it in all of my builds as a way to protect the interiors for the long term.

3. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    I mistakenly paste/cut the 2nd part of my reply....I didn't want to deal with re-doing films on the windows. I knew that putting the films on the windows were an option but I didn't know if adding them on later after the car was deliver would look over time. Also, I didn't want to repeat them and have more people touch the car. Nor myself do the work and screw it up.

So it was really wanting to take it off my mind early in the process with confidence.

C50 likes this.
  4. premierminister

Mar 8, 2013
    Germany
    I'm thinking about ordering HAW1 with my F8 Spider but I'm not sure if I really need it. I'm located in Germany.
    Maybe anybody can comment on the heat insulating windscreen?
    Thanks.

5. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    They should be standard equipment on all Ferraris if they are going to continue using leather on the dash. UV light is the primary reason for the break down of leather in cars. I have used after market products on my windshields for a long time mainly to filter the UV light.