328 (early) original floor mats? | FerrariChat

328 (early) original floor mats?

Discussion in '308/328' started by carlrose, Jan 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carlrose

carlrose Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2003
    Hi all,

Purchased these recently as factory pieces from a 328 and interested in collective opinion: the carpet is a slightly darker shade that my 1988 (known original), and the single passenger heel pad suggests an 1985-early 1987 version. Molding pattern for heel pads and velcro strip placement on both appear correct.

Any thoughts on exactly what these are?

Also, on an unrelated note, I was able to find the *exact* 80mm heater ducting (identical to my original excepting aging of the original thread) for the blower motor-to-heater core at:

https://www.butlertechnik.com/webasto-or-eberspacher-heater-80mm-flexible-ducting-4151801-p1546/s1559

Here are images of the 80mm and 60mm versions:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Saabguy likes this.
  2. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
  3. carlrose

carlrose Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2003
    Thank you Mr. Bertand. I removed my (presumed original) 88 1/2 mats for comparison; note each has an embedded snap (that fits into corresponding snaps on the bare floor). And I was incorrect - the color match is actually very close, although the carpeting material seems ever so slightly slightly different, perhaps a different batch? The rubber heel pad on the driver side (left) is identical, and each of the pads on the later passenger (right) version are slightly smaller than the single. And none have a section removed for the seat rail? Very interesting.

And they were purchased (used) through Ebay from someone who had multiple used 328 parts listed.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Do you know what length of the 80 mm is used under the hood? Will 1 meter do it or do I need the full 3 meters?

Lester

5. Du_Man

Du_Man Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Derek

And you found the other 60mm duct that is in my 1980......awesome
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

https://www.butlertechnik.com/eberspacher-or-webasto-air-ducting-60mm-102114310000-398497-p2129

6. carlrose

carlrose Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2003
    Hi Lester,

Note the "early" and "late" 328 heater ducting is slightly different (dual versus single motor, see diagram #130). In regards to section #61790200 (passenger side), I measure the fully extended length to be 65 inches. Sorry I didn't remove the driver side section nor any of the smaller defroster sections.

7. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Yup, mine has two of everything. I'll wait to see if anyone else has a measurement... thanks !