What are the other rides in your stables? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

What are the other rides in your stables?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Salami, Dec 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Crud, I cannot even afford the one Ferrari I do have.

2. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
    I know what you mean. If I ever need major repairs on mine it will involve a bank loan! But hey, at least we won’t have to suffer depreciation on them at this point.
    My daily driver is a Jeep Liberty, worth maybe 5k lol.

3. 215MPH

215MPH Karting

Jun 26, 2007
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Ben
    You are right on the money. I enjoy the hell out of mine and with the Mezger engine it enforces the value and joy of drive.

4. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    It is... has the original 428 big block, bucket seats and console!

root and gabf1 like this.
  5. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    Davidspop and 308 GTB like this.
  6. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    740iL best looking and handling "modern" sedan in my view, and very reliable when well maintained. Close second is MB's W126 long wheelbase.

Bas likes this.
  7. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Hi,

Must be a matter of taste, I did like the old 7-series (ca 1977-1986) but not so much the later ones, nor any other German saloons.

My personal favorite 4-dr cars are the steel bodied SWB Jaguar XJ's, 6-cyl 1994-1997 and V8 1997-2003 plus the Maserati QP (2003-2012).
    We had an early XJ8 as DD for 11 years, no problems in the winter either, just needed to use the block heater if it was colder than -23°C up north when we went skiing. (according to the owner's manual and besides, if any car stays outside, I would use one anyways, fortunately our cars are all indoors, dry and warm, waiting for the springtime!)

Cheers!

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Fully agree. When I'm back in civilisation I want to buy a E38 740 and swap the S62 V8 from the M5 in there. Sport LSD and manual, Avin 4 nav/audio unit thing, replace all bushings in the suspension...My ideal 7! A keeper. We had one many years ago when new and that car out of so many in the same class, was by far the best. It drove sensationally and looked fantastic.

Taste indeed!

We had the Daimler Double 6 in the mid 90s (V12 Jag XJ) and sometime after that in early 2000s the Jag XJR...the double 6 we didn't have any problems with but the XJR constantly. It became so bad with the XJR that we probably had more miles on the loaner diesel S type. Beautiful car but utterly hateful, sadly. Also it was quite small inside.

9. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    You should check out the M6 GranCoupe... I have one and it is AMAZING for a 4dr sport sedan.

10. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
  11. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    308 GTB and DZ-96 like this.
  12. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
    I felt the same way but now regret buying the 550 wheels. Stock is best in the end. But those are very cool, are they the correct offset and width?

13. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    @treedee3d great option! Looks like they went on with no spacers which I really like the most... so your fitment is with no spacers??

treedee3d likes this.
  14. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    @treedee3d one other ask... so how far off is the center hole? Is it too big or too small??

15. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    @treedee3d ..... I am a font of questions... so which color is on your 456...the "silver" or "mercury"? I want a tad darker, but not sure if its Mercury or or Carbon Fiber......

16. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    Like this? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-bmw-740i-74/

p.s. I like your avatar :)

17. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Don’t really agree that stock is always best but I’m far from a purist so probably most will disagree with me.

They are indeed perfectly made for the 456 so they are a perfect fit. Did not use any spacers or longer bolts.

18. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    No spacers used or needed. The center hole I think is too big for the Ferrari originals.

As for the color, I’m quite certain I opted for the lighter one...

19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  20. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Birds can help you with that Darius. I used to be really into Mercedes, I still have an SL I bought new and can't part with.

Word on the MB forums was this is better than the factory LSD, some even swapped it in preference over the factory fit item.

https://birdsauto.com/news/mercedes-c63-amg-quaife-atb-limited-slip-differential

21. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    These are what I currently have whilst I endlessly faff about eventually buying a Ferrari.

2015 SL400 (with a remap that completely transformed the car).
    2017 S6 Avant. The best all round daily driver I've ever owned.

Neither of them going anywhere soon. I'd just like to add a manual V12 and my garage will be complete.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    thanks Alan, yes the Quaife diff has been recommended by a couple of people now. If I keep the C63, I will seriously consider it. It’s been a great and slightly lunatic school run car. Now the kids are grown up, I am considering swapping it for something Ferrari.

23. niftyfivefifty

niftyfivefifty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2007
    PacNW
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I just brought this one home as a fun truck for my business. It’s a 1960 GMC with an Isuzu 4BD2T NPR turbodiesel, Ford 8.8 rear end, and a custom aluminum flatbed. It is an absolute hoot to drive around and pretty much the direct opposite of my 550. First mods are bigger turbo and front disc brakes (it cuurently has drum fronts and no seatbelts!).

Davidspop and Patrik550 like this.