Would anyone be able to look past this color combination? | FerrariChat

Would anyone be able to look past this color combination?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by 96redLT4, Jan 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
  2. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
  3. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    If you had to ask, you’ve already answered your question, IMO.

TJsBeer, LARRYH, Monteman and 4 others like this.
  4. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    I feel insurance money coming on for this one, I have color blind friends and would never try to pawn this off on them, whoever spec'd this car is going to hell.

cgt000 likes this.
  5. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
  6. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Quite bold :oops:

7. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    It`s always a matter of taste and maybe the cuoio/red combo looks better in reality.
    What I find weird is the black carpet and black upper dashboard and the rest ist cuoio.

8. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    That looks so bad. It’s probably explained by someone who is colour blind as reds and browns can easily get mixed up. So I can only imagine they wanted some style like Cuoio and Cioccolato but thought the red looked better as it also looks like a brown to them.

Either way, that’s a strange combo that I’d never want to be driving.

9. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    The grigio ferro is nice; the rest sucks. But, you already knew that right?

10. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    I’m normally a fan of bold and interesting interiors. But this is so lacking in cohesion or taste that it has to be a no from me as well. :confused:

11. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I don’t think it’s that bad! I’m always curious when people ask though.... it’s your car and your money, the only real question is whether YOU like it! I would definitely see it in person, if you haven’t already.

Unless of course the real question is, would it be difficult to resell? I think it would certainly take longer since you’d need to find someone with quirky taste. All else fails you can always throw it off a bridge for the insurance money as suggested above ;)

maybe ask for a discount to compensate for the potential hassle of selling it??

12. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    cuoio and red are not the best match for sure, but when you add the black dash, you now have 3 colors and that makes it almost clownesque. I know for a fact that this would bother me every time I would get in the car. And then, that will also be a conversation topic with anybody who gets in the car.

Napoli likes this.
  13. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    For the right price the F12 is a helluva car. I think it is primarily the seats that push the design over the edge. I wonder if you can have center sections of seats changed to solid cuoio?

14. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    ugh, no

15. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I can't get past the exterior shape :)

The interior is how you know the original buyer had true FU money. He didn't care what anyone else thought. Personally, it's not bad. and anyone bitching about how the interior of -my- Ferrari looks wouldn't be a passenger anyway.

LARRYH likes this.
  16. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    It's a nice spec. The red on the interior is different but despite it that F12 looks awesome.

ScottS likes this.
  17. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    I don't think it's that bad. Not my first choice but the red isn't overwhelming. I like it more than all red interiors, but the question is whether YOU like it and if normally buy and hold or flip shortly after as this would definitely be a tougher resale.

18. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    At least he had the sense to order a black dash to prevent light colored reflection. Maybe they would throw in a pair of those sheepskin seat covers like we all used in high school....

19. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Well, it’s a “rare color combination 1 of 1 ever produced”

to each their own.

But a great anti-theft option

20. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The body of this one is Grigio Ferro like mine and that's a color I love and one of my favorites. To my taste the interior is a bit of a shock and puts me off the car because I'm used to mine which is very sober with all the leathers in Iroko and the stitches in cream, combining very well with the black of the dashboard and of the various carbon fiber extras..

21. Elasto

Elasto Karting

Aug 27, 2014
    Vienna, AUSTRIA
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    If the price of the car is acceptable, I see three options: dye the red leather parts black ..... or ...... dye the cuio parts black .... dye all leather parts black.

Not because I love black interior (my FF is iroko), but because you can dye every leather black, whatever the "original" colour is.

Or contact a company like eurospares, that sells parts, and change the interior completely.

P.s. the red/cuio/black combo is hideous

22. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    not my first choice but interesting to see the exterior color can take either interior color but both together is unusual ... but I have seen worse... someone will buy it but the price will be reflective......

23. speedcat

speedcat Karting

Jul 26, 2011
    AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    Twosherpaz and Dubaicity like this.
  24. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name: