Slammed Ferraris... Good or Bad? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Slammed Ferraris... Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by FerrariFR33458, Feb 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #176 paulchua, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    I just said your mod looks tasteful. The thread title is 'Slammed' - which in community parlance - implies explicitly two things:

1) Tire is under and behind the wheel well.
    2) Negative camber.

I don't see your car having either - so I said 'simply lowered', didn't intend to critique the level of effort in your mod - happy to correct myself and use the proper semantic of 'simply flush' if you prefer.

Or are you saying you want to have it lower, so it looks like the toy I posted? (i.e. Slammed/Hellaflush)

If so, as I said, you be you, if you dig it, who am I to judge*? Just because I and everybody I know thinks 'hellaflush' looks silly, don't ever let that stop you, my friend - the foremost judge on what looks good should be yourself, not others.

*P.S. - Just make sure whatever you do is 'safe' and doesn't endanger you or others on the road.

anunakki and Gary Sandberg like this.
  2. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    What Paul is saying is that you have failed at making your car look like it has had a catastrophic suspension failure.

anunakki, paulchua and white out like this.
  3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I will admit, the 348 above looks cool in a 'faddy' sort of way. (Within reason, not like below)
    Still not my cup of tea, but always to each their own.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Those look nice.
    I've thought about this more, and I think the 'line' for me is when the tire starts having negative camber and is under the well arch. I reiterate, for folks that do like the negative camber look/feel - more power to you friends. We need more joy in this world, not less.

5. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    Mine is lowered, but not slammed. Unfortunately, lowered is enough to be an issue sometimes. Front trunk bottom and my garage floor under it:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

white out likes this.
  6. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Oh no! sorry to see that
    :(
    Hope you can get it sorted.

FerrariFR33458 likes this.
  7. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    Just a plastic panel. I am having difficulty locating with online parts schematics so far though.

paulchua likes this.
  8. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Swiss Rice?

9. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    How is this thread still going? How is there any debate?

The people who do this to Ferraris are butchers.

10. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Face it.
    A lowered Ferrari looks way better than one with huge fender gaps. Race cars are low, matter of fact so low that sometimes they are blowing sparks off the underbody, from bottoming out, as they race around a circuit. A Ferrari is simply a road going version of a race car = lowered is better.
    That is why this thread is still going.

Lowriders rule Holms.

anunakki, unreelviper and BJK like this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Lower certainly doesn’t look good on a classic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. willrace

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    There's Lowered, and then, there's Slammed into near-uselessness (aside from appearing like a mechanical failure or cartoon).

paulchua likes this.
  13. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Those are usually air bag suspension set-ups. Slammed on the ground for pics, then raised for driving. Not a problem.

Stealthssfc likes this.
  14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I have nothing against lowering and generally agree with you. Current F1 cars don't have the level of negative camber we see on very extreme "hella-flush." The negative camber also hurts straight line traction where 0 degrees is optimal.

I agree with you, but to each, their own is my life philosophy. (as long, of course, what you do does not hurt others.)

Agreed, I think we can all agree the main point is aesthetics (not performative)

Yes - purely cosmetic. Something that is very divisive, to say to least.

The perfect look is one where the wheel is symmetrical to the wheel well with an amount of gap that would accommodate bumps. Once the gap is so small where the wheel goes under the arch (unless the car is designed as such) and the camber becomes more than 10 degrees, it looks cartoonish.

However, as I said many times, for folks that disagree and love the look - more power to you!

15. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    True

The slammed cars are normally on airbags, that get deflated to sit the car on the floor when it's parked.

Stealthssfc likes this.
  16. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    ^^^^^^^^^ I like the body kit, but the lack of suspension travel would have to be fixed.