Where Is The Ferrari Community??? | FerrariChat

Where Is The Ferrari Community???

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by ThankfulGuy, Jan 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ThankfulGuy

ThankfulGuy Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marc Freeman
    So sad there is no Strong Ferrari presence in Louisiana. Porsche has us beat. Is there a secret community or something?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

VAF84 likes this.
  2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, they ARE "around"...there's many in NO, and as you see by my thread in here IF I get to Denham Springs that will make two in Baton Rouge..

A new shop is nearly complete in Houma, there will be an announcement!

VAF84 likes this.
  3. ThankfulGuy

ThankfulGuy Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marc Freeman
  4. ThankfulGuy

ThankfulGuy Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marc Freeman
    excellent.

5. ThankfulGuy

ThankfulGuy Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marc Freeman
    Oh? That’s great to hear. What’s ETA on the shop?

6. Cirorsi

Cirorsi Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2016
    Louisiana / Lac du Saint Sacrement, NY
    Full Name:
    Steven
    That’s a true statement, a lot more Porsches on the road in Baton Rouge but you’ll see a few F cars around. I’m now in Gonzales and I see a black 430 spider all the time but I have no idea who he is.... we should have more get togethers here. As BigTex alludes too, New Orleans and probably the Northshore (Mandeville/Covington) have a tighter and larger group.

Someone recently posted a pic of a really nice Ferrari colleection in Houma, who knew? I would love to see that. In my limited ownership, Ferraris seem to come out when Vinnie’s Exotics (Baton Rouge) hosts a get together/drive.

I’m game and I know my bud with his Testarossa would too. VAF84 is here temporarily and would like to meet up. Where are you Marc?

Steven

BigTex and VAF84 like this.
  7. ThankfulGuy

ThankfulGuy Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marc Freeman
    I’m a doctor and considered a job in Houma. Years ago when I interviewed there I seem to recall hearing of one of the cardiologists was a big car buff.

I have some connections there. Lemme see what I can find out. Haste be the same person

8. ThankfulGuy

ThankfulGuy Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marc Freeman
    I’m right down the road in MS. Tomorrow they come to pick up my GT3 RS, and in a couple weeks I’ll have my car here. You know there is a great track NOLA MOTORSPORTS... on occasion they have Cars and Coffee there, also, every 3rd Saturday there is a Cars and Coffee at the Lakefront in NOLA.

Until my prancing horse arrives, I’ll be out there with the 997.1 GT3RS... orange.

VAF84 likes this.
  9. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Congrats on the new car Marc, can’t wait to see pics!

The times I’ve been in the area (around BR), I haven’t run into many sports cars in general. If it weren’t for Steven I wouldn’t have even known about Vinnie’s and the associated car meets. In my time here I’ve run into one exotic, it was a gray McLaren near the Whole Foods early in the morning. Our cars stand out quite a bit around here, and the city has a fairly small pop., I wonder if that’s why they tend to stay under the radar?

A few years back there was (I think) a big time lawyer in NOLA selling his beautiful red 458 (around 2018). Never met him or spoke to him, only what I picked up from his sales thread, but I wonder if he’s still active around here. Looked like he had some kind of lounge in his garage from the pics he put up, so I assume he’s a pretty big car enthusiast.

Anyway, I’m subscribed to the thread in case we’re able to coordinate a get together. I’ll be around until about June, then not sure where I’ll be; maybe Austin for the summer. However, I’ll be back in the late third or fourth quarter of the year.

ThankfulGuy likes this.
  10. ThankfulGuy

ThankfulGuy Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marc Freeman
    The NOLA Porsche guys are cool enough that they still welcome you even if you bring a non-Porsche to their events. I kept one Porsche for that community alone. Cool crew.

Cirorsi and VAF84 like this.
  11. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    John Houghtaling III.....founder along with Franco Valobra of the Ferrari French Quarter Classic back around 2004
    (the New Orleans lawyer with a private Lounge/Garage)

Just topping up the thread as I just may make it over, soon!
    Gven the current times, it will be in a black Cadillac.
    :D :D :D

Ya'll send me a PM, we will tighten up the BR Phone Book of owners.

Ferraribot likes this.
  12. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    My car is seeing little use in Houston.

Might look good in LSU graphics!!!

ddrewesusa likes this.
  13. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Hello Everyone

It has been quite a while since Ive posted, and weve had action in the New Orleans Community. As many of you may know Franco and I founded the Ferrari Owners Club in the mid 90s, which later became the LA chapter of the FCA, and founded the Ferrari French Quater Classic in 1999, (which ran for 8 editions and was once one of the most exclusive Ferrari events in the world). After that we founded CCR which hosted 91 Ferrari Challenge races around the US, putting 1,434 Ferrari challenge entries over a 9 year period. Also the Highland Village Ferrari event over 12 years.

Weve been gone since 2016 racing the Mille Miglia but we and things are coming back.

Later this month we will annonce a 25th anniversary party of the LA Ferrari club and will debut a 20,000 Ferrari Clubhouse garage. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

VAF84, Matt LaMotte, 2NA and 3 others like this.
  14. Wildcatfan

Wildcatfan Rookie

Jul 29, 2023
    How do we get more information concerning the Anniversary Party John, sounds interesting. I haven't attended many Ferrari events since the FFQC that you referenced and it was an event that will be difficult to top.

All the best,

Donny Bridges

Texas Forever likes this.
  15. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I would be glad to support what ever you hav e....a few owners in BR and then the collection in Hoama, but you Da Man in No, no question!!