The Final Word on Dino GT4 Seat Belt Repair | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Final Word on Dino GT4 Seat Belt Repair

Discussion in '308/328' started by oelboxer, Mar 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miahshodan

miahshodan Karting

Feb 25, 2016
    West Jordan, UT
    Great work, oelboxer I would be happy to just have something I could click in (like the VW without moving the parts over). I am less worried about looking original than I am about being able to buckle up. Do you have any more info on the VW part, like was it the front receiver in the Beetle? or is there a part number? trying to find something like that online, or even an aftermarket receiver that would work.

2. miahshodan

miahshodan Karting

Feb 25, 2016
    West Jordan, UT
    I was looking at my receivers compared to the ones in this thread and realized they are different. Not only are the buttons a different graphic but the "bezel" above the button is smaller on mine. It appears that the part that breaks may be interchangeable though. Makes me wonder if mine have already been replaced, or if it just a case of Ferrari sourcing from different places. Anyone else have them like mine?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

sltillim likes this.
  3. miahshodan

miahshodan Karting

Feb 25, 2016
    West Jordan, UT
  4. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Great find! My Alfa Klippan receivers should arrive next week so I will let you know if they work with the Ferrari belts.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Klippan for an Alfa do not work even though they look the same. The male part of the GT4 belt is too thick to slide into the receptor. I guess they cheapened the part over time by thinning out the metal.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

6. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego

This is what the button looks like under the red / orange “press” sticker

miahshodan likes this.
  7. miahshodan

miahshodan Karting

Feb 25, 2016
    West Jordan, UT
    An update on the replica covers being sold by thepartsplace.com I ordered the 1st design as they told me the measurements on the site were how far apart the closest parts of the pins were. The farthest part of the cover is about 1.7 inches apart so there is no way the closes part could be (which is the way the 2nd design is listed). The 1st design has one set of pins that goes in the two holes on the top (away from the strap) and has two other pins that goes in the two slots in the larger hole where the spring goes (vs. the 2 holes farther to the outside) on the side closer to the strap. I received the part and it fit, but the two pins on the bottom appeared to get in the way of the mechanism. With it installed the belt would not stay inserted. I removed it and in the process broke off those two tabs. Now it fits and works, but not securely attached.
    I suspect they measured design 1 wrong based on this picture https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/P0sAAOSwTfdbSTo8/s-l1600.jpg and I should have used design 2 that would have used the two holes farther apart on the bottom of the receiver. I have asked them to verify the measurements, but got no reply. They indicated there is a 3rd design they have not produced yet.
    For now I have the cover held in place by electrical tape and a zip tie (the cover plays no part in actually securing the seatbelt) but I will probably buy the 2nd design at some point and try it.

the plastic is very thin and cracked just from me dis-assembling it, but I suspect that is an accurate re-creation of the original, since they all fell apart.

hopefully that makes sense.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Design 2 worked perfect for me. The plastic sleeves on my car were pretty ratty so wrapped them in black flocked material off ebay and new Press stickers also off ebay. Happy with the result.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

NoGoSlow, GermanDino and miahshodan like this.
  9. dyerhaus

dyerhaus Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2012
    Santa Rosa, California
    Full Name:
    Christopher Dyer
    I'm a new GT4 owner, and I definitely need to repair both seat belts. Based on the replies above, it looks like design 2 from The Parts Place will work. What I could also use are the "press" stickers. Does anyone know where I can find those?

10. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Bought mine on ebay. Same as for VW Beetle.

11. dyerhaus

dyerhaus Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2012
    Santa Rosa, California
    Full Name:
    Christopher Dyer
    Yep, just bought a set of stickers on eBay. The print quality is not great, and the font is slightly wrong, but it was the best I could find. Size is perfect though. I'll probably re-design these myself since I have the appropriate dimensions now, use the correct font, and print them up so they look correct. Here's shots of the ones I got from eBay.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

absostone likes this.
  12. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    If Ferrari Classiche dont even know what a correct exhaust system looks like for a GT4 I think you are safe with your Press stickers.

absostone likes this.
  13. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I have a Classiche cert stating my car is a Feb 75 car. I sent them a pic of my door plate shows Jan 75. Typical typos and Italian record keeping

14. kiwiokie

kiwiokie Formula 3

Aug 19, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    John McDermott
    Not sure the Germans are much better. Certificate of Authenticity on my 911SC shows an interior color of Space Gray which is a modern interior color that was not offered until the 996. The interior is clearly grey beige. With employee turnover, knowledge of the older vehicles is lacking except for those models that are rare and valuable.

absostone likes this.