1/8th scale Paul's Model Art info | FerrariChat

1/8th scale Paul's Model Art info

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by mr308gtb, Jan 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mr308gtb

mr308gtb Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    MeestahBig
    Hi - I have two 1/8th scale Paul's Model Art F1 cars. Both Schumacher, one Ferrari and one is Benetton. I know Paul's Model Art transitioned over to the Minichamps branding on my smaller cars. Does anyone have info on these 1/8th scale models. Do you know how much they cost new? Any thoughts on what they are worth now? Thanks.

2. mr308gtb

mr308gtb Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    MeestahBig
  3. Archiebald

Archiebald Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Stuart Meek
    Not sure what the B194 would go for, difficult to say with the Benetton stuff as I’ve had some absolute bargains. I know that the F310B would be a lot of money, did you apply the Marlboro decals as they were seldom offered with the cigarette advertising.

4. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Unfortunately these larger models from PMA haven't really aged very well.

The detail levels are pretty basic by today's standard of 1/8th scale models.

Still cool though.

5. Archiebald

Archiebald Rookie

Aug 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Stuart Meek
    I’d agree for the most part but I think they’ll become a very niche collectible. Think original 70s attempts at 1/43rd - immensely collectible but by modern standards practically they are kitsch

Rosey likes this.
  6. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    Minichamps announced three new releases of the B194 ; which will water down the value of yours possibly, but they are probably much more expensive that what you purchase price was, they can be seen here on the Minichamps 1/8 scale page :https://www.minichamps.de/landingpage-einszuacht/

Archiebald likes this.
  7. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    That looks more like 1/12 to me. Can you tell us how long it is? Thanks
    Nathan

8. mr308gtb

mr308gtb Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    MeestahBig
    I'll take a measure for you, but trust me it's 1/8. I have several other 1/8 and 1/12... Thanks.