430 - Gt3 vs Scuderia | Page 8 | FerrariChat

430 Gt3 vs Scuderia

Discussion in '360/430' started by redhammer, Dec 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    I own a 991 GT3. Am trading it in on a new 992 GT3 (allocation already given to me, I will spec it towards the end of February) - and I also just bought a Scud. Is it faster than my current or incoming GT3? No it isn't. But it's a lot more desirable. It makes you feel way more special when driving it. I absolutely love the Scud (and my FF) whereas my Porsches are just very very very good cars.[/QUOTE]

Cool, my F430 Spider makes me feel the same way but its also great to have a properly fast 991.1 GT3 RS too

2. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    OK drove the GT3 for the first time in a week yesterday. Granted mine is a 996 and I have been taking very good care of it since new, but it is so much more solid in quality than my Ferrari. I would have never even thought to drive the Ferrari in 28 degree weather (-2 Celsius), other than the tires, the Porsche doesn't care, then again it also doesn't feel as much of an event as the Ferrari to drive.

3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    As long as the car can get you from point A to point B in one piece, it’s all good. So what it makes some creaking noises here and there.

Get the SCUD.

Jda550911 likes this.
  4. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    or if you can afford both, a standard F430 and recent Gt3 RS instead

catdog likes this.
  5. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

I love my scud and have zero hate towards any Ferrari, but I agree with you on the feeling of "solidity" compared to my 996 gt3. It just feels like it was hewn from a solid block of granite (granted, I I did just rebuild the transmission (shorter gears), rebuilt the stock dampers, replaced the motor mounts with the 964 rs versions, and replaced a lot of the rubber in the suspension, so it should feel pretty solid at this point!). And that is so ironic becaues to most the 996 is the most raw, crazy, analog, and visceral gt3! But, as others have said, the Ferrari is certainly an event to drive and just oozes "soul." The gt3 feels predictable and safe and solid and fun and is like the loyal wife who is super hot and your best friend and you love her to death! The Scud, on the other hand, feels like the unpredictable, "did-she-just-snort-a-line-of-coke?," slightly unhinged, crazy supermodel girlfriend that is fun but only in short spurts LOL! That's why I feel so blessed to be able to have both LOL! (And no, I have never had a girlfriend like that...I'm too ugly!).

vr4henry and ShineKen like this.
  6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Build quality this.

Scottslaw likes this.
  7. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    #182 RichardCH, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    Just imagine how excited they would be if you put them in a GT3 RS with a Capristo around Monaco !

8. MiamiScudLover

Jan 21, 2020
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have a 2018 991.2 Manual GT3 and acquired a 2009 scud last year. Totally different vehicles. Both raw in their own way but yes the Porsche feels a million times more refined than the scud. My GT3 is used for track use and road use so I boxed the ceramic rotors until i sell it plus i have a straight pipe track exhaust on it along with roll cage and harness. The scud only sees road use and I'll keep it that way. It feels fragile in comparison to the gt3 plus I don't pretend to be an expert driver so the GT3 just feels much better for my driving limit on the track. Plus the GT3 you can beat on all day long and it just wants more. I feel the scud's engine bay would catch on fire at the track with all that heat so i did recently order an S line valved x pipe to reduce the heat from that big stock ferrari can along with better exhaust note. Both cars still have their own unique and amazing exhaust notes compared to any new turbo motor. I get in the scud and i feel like I am taking a step back in time in a good way. oh and yes the scud does creak and rattle a little bit but thats part of the package. Driving around i see people in their newer 488s that kind of look down at my older F car but honestly i would take the scud any day over these newer turbocharged cars. I was recently at a track event at Sebring and there was a guy in a 488. When the car went down the front straight i could barely hear the car its so quiet. Pretty lame in my opinion. I think a GT3 or RS plus a scud is the perfect garage combo. I won't sell either!

Jda550911, x z8, redcaruser and 2 others like this.
  9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    You and I both know the Capristo isn’t THE exhaust for the Scud, but let the kids enjoy their new toy for now :).

10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Purpose-built. Meeting sound requirements at the track is a huge plus, especially here at Sonoma Raceway & Laguna Seca where 90db is all you get away with...

Manda racing likes this.
  11. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    488 sound is sadly a total disaster, however quick the car is, lovely design tho

12. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    I have definitely not read any adventurous reason why someone installs a sport exhaust in the Scuderia. Have you told this to your wife so that she gives you the budget free? Money for a fire protection measure? For a pure safety measure? For this you have my full admiration! I'll have to remember that line of reasoning. :)

I can reassure you, even after several laps on the track, the Scuderia did not catch fire...

Manda racing likes this.
  13. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    Another "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" thread.

Ray

14. catdog

catdog Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2010
    That's my setup, a manuale (EAG conversion) F430 and a 991.2 GT3RS... would still add a scud except for garage space

15. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey

Fantastic response!

16. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login I watched the Rolex 24 until about thirty mins. from the end when the Ferrari got punted off and lost all chances.

I went and got the Scud out of storage and went to Buttonwillow Raceway Park and signed up for the last session with Speedventures.com.

They loaned me a helmet for the wife to ride along— I’m smiling now. I’m still smiling.
    (I brought the Red car home and kicked the Roller out of the garage.)