812 VS Rumors | Page 138 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    What you are saying above is not wrong and it also is actually not contradictory to what I was just discussing.

I was not making a prediction in the discussion above. I was not addressing how many 812 VS were going to be made.

I was discussing only the issue that if they ARE making a limited number car how many pieces would they make.

Many people have asked why 799 would by a possibility but 999 wouldn’t be. I was focused solely on answering that one narrow aspect.

2. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Then I misunderstood - I was under the impression that you knew with high confidence that both variants would be numbered.

If they plan to produce more than 799 (or 812) coupes then I agree, they won’t number them.

Thecadster likes this.
  3. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    #3428 Forza Scuderia, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    The latest up to the minute state of the art thinking is that Ferrari is going to split the production protocol.

What I mean by split the production protocol is that it’s not going to work like exactly like the Pista VS series. And it’s not going to work exactly like the F12tdf. It’s going to work exactly like the 458 VS series. The 458 Speciale coupe was time limited but not number limited. The 458 Speciale Aperta convertible was strictly number limited to 499 pieces.

Ferrari using the split protocol method for the 812 VS series would actually be the best of both worlds from multiple angles. It would make the largest set of important cohorts happy.

The top 5% of customers and V12 enthusiasts would be happy because they would have a decent chance of actually getting a car because they could always squeeze a few more in for people that raise their hand early enough and who are really really good customers who buy a goodly amount of cars from the factory frequently. When you don’t have a strict limit you can always crank out a handful more if pressed. It’s a nice ‘here’s your last chance at an unassisted V12 for the diehards and you can actually get one’ move.

The top 1% ultra prolific, centimillionaire clients and collectors would also be happy because they would get the bragging rights, guaranteed to skyrocket in value because it’s ‘One of only X in all the world’ car that they so desperately covet with the Aperta version. Interesting side note: they only use the term Aperta when it’s a number limited convertible car. Otherwise they just call it a Spider even if it’s a VS.

It would make the shareholders happy because the 1,200 to 1,500 ish coupes would drive the quantitative metrics and the 249 to 499 pieces rarity of the Aperta would burnish the legendary exclusivity halo of the brand.

skinguy23, LVP488 and ScrappyB like this.
  4. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Dude... quick question... what F cars do you own? Pista Spider? TDF? Speciale
    or SA? 288 GTO? Daytonna?

5. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Here's a wild thought

1. 812VS and 812VS Aperta - Launched simultaneously
    2. Neither numbered
    3. Only time limited

Thecadster, leopoldo, LARRYH and 2 others like this.
  6. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    That’s not going to happen. They aren’t going to launch them both simultaneously.

7. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    I’m never going to disclose which cars I own. For reasons.

8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Not numbered allows to produce more, but at lower prices (after the Pista, it will be harder for Ferrari to ask a very high price based on exclusivity while not numbering). So globally it may be detrimental to the profits.
    Having the Aperta only numbered could well be the way to maximise the profit: very high price on the Aperta, justified by exclusivity, and more demand for the berlinetta, from people not having qualified for the Aperta.
    This exclusivity game is needed, because to take more money Ferrari also needs some "speculator" customers, there are not enough enthusiasts who are at the same time rich enough to pay the money Ferrari is expecting.

9. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    We will find out soon enough but RACE (not Ferrari) needs to make mega $s to keep the share-price going in the right direction. Also whose to say the 812VS/Aperta is "exclusive enough" for the mega customers - Icona/LaF replacement should do for them IMO.

We might find the Pista/Pista Aperta "experiment" (large volumes of both) worked out well for RACE financially and they will do the same for the 812VS/Aperta.

BTW: It works out fine for Porsche so why not Ferrari

LARRYH and Caeruleus11 like this.
  10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #3435 of2worlds, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  11. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The Pista worked well because many buyers thought they would be able to sell at a profit - but it's been the case only for a few early flippers, I bet many buyers have been disappointed and will not go the same path again. There are litterally dozens of Pista for sale at significantly less than MSRP in Europe currently.

of2worlds likes this.
  12. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
  13. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I am simply repeating what Ferrari said. They simply used the letter A in this 458 example and APERTA on the other 599 car. That is a fact not an assumption.

LARRYH likes this.
  14. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Strange for FChat. Most like to share and its appreciated. Some here have outstanding collections but any Ferrari is a joy.

pingit00, Mortarion, maxemus and 5 others like this.
  15. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    This time next week I now believe that quite a few top customers will have been contacted - 2 weeks earlier than I thought ...
    Proper pics etc still 3 weeks away (imho of course ) by 14th feb.
    All coupes and Apertas are bound to already have a possible customer name ‘attached ‘ to them- then if the customer says ‘no’ to them then cascade down to the next customer.. Yes , bound to be a few “Unallocated” Apertas and several dozen coupes that are ‘leeway’ for some marginal haggling at dealer level ...however , I’m guessing over 90% of coupes and 95% of Apertas will go to the 1st name on the lists.
    This is good and as it should be . No doubt there will be unhappiness - however not all will be as pre-determined as it seems . I don’t think all Monza Or LaF Aperta owners will be invited for the VS Aperta - and its that level of almost ‘ wizard of oz’ type behind the curtains shenanigans that keeps most of us hoping ...

16. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
  17. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    hhhmmm the allure of a V12VS will get them back in the hunt. Not sure about you but I have broken so many of my "will never do that again" car rules over the last few years - might do it again this time :)

18. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    As we are all in the guessing game... 2500 coupe 1500 open top . Next limited numbers car will be the new Icon

ajr550, Traveller, LARRYH and 2 others like this.
  19. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    I simply don’t get why people are now talking about the coupe being time limited. That is complete BS. Both will be number limited - that’s a FACT! Confirmed by many reputable sources. Guess: 812 coupes & 250 apertas!

If you don’t get a ring from your dealer next Friday or the following Monday, you ain’t gettin one!

20. montpellier

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Fact ? You are misguided.

Caeruleus11 and Shack like this.
  21. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Just like that drug
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stavura, Spider68, LARRYH and 2 others like this.
  22. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    Finally, I get a chance to sit back and eat some popcorn too!

of2worlds likes this.
  23. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
  24. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    The great thing about this topic it is binary - unlike politics :)

I will state again my bet - neither will be limited and will be released simultaneously

25. montpellier

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I am with you. Why would they limit it, there is no need. In any case, a 550 B or 575 Sa, real limited cars have very reasonable prices. The market does not love them or V12 Ferrari unless a supercar.

Rather than an 812 VS , I would get a TDF or a Daytona.

Caeruleus11 and Shack like this.