Addition to the F12? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Addition to the F12?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by yoshi86, Jan 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Awww any Lotus is exhilarating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    In order of acquisition:
    DBS Coupe 6 Speed Manual
    F430 Coupe F1
    Evo RWD Spyder -ETA Q2
    F12 -ETA? -Waiting for right spec

I'd recommend either F430 or EVO RWD Spyder, you want something mid-engined and have a front mid already.

plastique999 likes this.
  3. yoshi86

yoshi86 Rookie

Sep 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ethan
    Thanks All,

I've decided to spend a tad more after all the feedback here.
    Narrowed down to the 3 below in the order of preference. Going to start the search and drive a few soon.

1. Ford GT (05~06)
    2. 458 Speciale (Coupe)
    3. SLS AMG (Coupe)

Turns out I put more weight on heritage and specialness than the open air experience!

Thecadster, italiafan and ryalex like this.
  4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #29 ryalex, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    I think of those the GT (rear engine, manual, wild, collectible) and Speciale (also a mid, raw collectible) are the better choices. I suspect the SLS will feel tame compared to the F12 and mostly the same configuration.

I think about exact question too and if I keep the F12 and add another car I come back to rear engine and/or manuals: 328, 430 manual (I would add Scud trim pieces), 993 S, Vanquish manual conversion or DBS. Diablos went nuts but I’d love a 6.0.

5. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
  6. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    As a companion to the epic F12 I think the SLS is a huge miss. There is no finer sports-GT than a front-engined Ferrari V12 IMO. The companion should be a more “exotic” appearing mid-engined pure sports car. I’ve never driven a Ford GT, but understand it is thrilling. For me however, I believe the 458 Speciale is perhaps the single finest sports car ever built...ever...and what I would chose.

m_powered, plastique999 and Avia11 like this.
  7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    If you are targeting heritage, you couldn’t go wrong with any of those cars. They are all vastly different. I voted with my wallet and acquired a 05 Ford GT almost a year ago. It’s my all-time favorite car, and it’s hard to express why. It’s iconic for sure. Visually, it’s just as arresting today as it was 15 years ago (or even 56 years ago when the GT40 first dropped). It feels “racy” to drive; low slung, perfectly balanced, great turn-in, confidence inspiring, solid chassis, etc. It has cool doors. It’s the pinnacle of American ingenuity and design. It’s universally loved by all (often the Italian supercars do not inspire the same reaction from every day people). It’s rock solid, durable, and cheap to maintain. In have several cool cars (including an 812), and it’s the coolest.

That said, cars are deeply personal, and the Speciale and SLS are amazing in their own right.

italiafan likes this.
  8. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Agree.
    SPECIALE.
    Damn I miss mine but will get another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

italiafan and Avia11 like this.
  9. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Having had the SLS, it is anything but tame- yes not as fast as an 812- but very squirrelly at the limit making for excitement (good or bad) and it has a wonderful sound- almost old school NASCAR American V8. It is more claustrophobic than an F12 or 812 but still Mercedes fit and finish and to the average person on the street is often thought to be an SL. It’s suspension is overly stiff, a 458 was more compliant on bumpy roads but still razor sharp responses whereas theSLS was a bit duller.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ryalex likes this.
  10. Michael Ortega

Jun 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael Ortega
    Yes I do. Would you like to see the titles?

11. Michael Ortega

Jun 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael Ortega
    Hi Avia - How about we both post a photo today of our F cars holding up the titles. Believe it or not people actually do own multiple Ferraris and actually pay cash for them. It's not uncommon. Let me embarrass your little troll ass. 2012 458 Italia and 2013 F12.

12. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    listen up jackass you might be new to the forum but just do a search and you’ll see the cars I own. You’re the idiot that started this pissing contest, post a pic or stop trolling.

13. Michael Ortega

Jun 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael Ortega
    Pics of my F cars Avia11.

Attached Files:

14. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    24 hour site ban for trolling, 7 day thread ban.

15. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    I hear you. I have an 812, and seriously thinking of acquiring a 458 spider. With Covid, cars are a real alternative to doing nothing.

16. yoshi86

yoshi86 Rookie

Sep 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ethan
    After a lot of searching, I pulled the trigger on a 06 gallardo manual, now waiting for paperwork and delivery.
    I like the rawness and old school mechanical charm of the pre lp models, not to mention the sound of the even firing V10!

17. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    I have an C8 convertible inbound soon and also likely grabbing a 360 Spider manual as well. Very different beast but awesome in their own ways.

18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    It does not, the F430 is the first to have switched from cam belts to chains.
    Even the 360 does not require engine out since the belts can be accessed from behind the seats (it's still some work though), the 355 is the last V8 to require engine-out services AFAIK.

ryalex likes this.
  19. Cyrek

Cyrek Karting

Mar 24, 2015
    458 w/o doubt

....oh and you may as well straight pipe it since you have other cars