F430 power window switch | FerrariChat

F430 power window switch

Discussion in '360/430' started by 3cats, Jun 18, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3cats

3cats Rookie

Jan 1, 2016
    Hello, how do you replace the left side power window switch on a 2006 F430? My car has the amplifier under the dash and I can't even begin to see how to get in there.
    Thank you.
    Scott.

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I assume you pull the radio out to get access ?

3. ideloera

ideloera Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2015
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Isi
    Remove the radio and center trim, once that's done you'll see how easy it is to remove the window switches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I agree. I think the screws holding the switches in are 7mm. I had to replace both of mine. The hardest part is getting the radio out of the way. The trim piece comes off easy once you remove the F430 plate. Use care when unplugging the connectors.

5. Jsoderbe

Jsoderbe Rookie

Aug 16, 2013
    Sweden/Florida
    Where do you guys buy your new switches? I have only found used ones. My ones are working but scratched up.

Regards,

Johan

6. ideloera

ideloera Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2015
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Isi
  7. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Hello Johan,

We can refinish those. Send me an email to discuss.

dave.lelonek@**********.com

Thank you.

8. ideloera

ideloera Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2015
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Isi
    Johan, even if you buy new, it's only a matter of time before they get sticky again. Might as well have your old ones refurbished by Dave (sticky RX).

9. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Would appreciate any advice for proper way to remove the trim piece after the radio is out. I assume referring to the large carbon fiber piece that surrounds the window switches and vents. Looks expensive and I don't want to damage it. Thanks! Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Just resurrecting to say thanks to those who posted on how to do this project. I successfully changed mine out. I was worried the directions would be too vague since I thought there would be more to it. However, it turned out to be one of the easiest DIY projects I've done on the car. I purchased my window switches from Eurospares.

One note; it's probably worthwhile to disconnect the radio and put aside. I caused some light scratching to the a/c vents from trying to do this while keeping the radio connected. If you don't disconnect, watch out for the vents, or maybe cover them. Aside from that, it's seriously easy.

Second note: I initially thought I could pull up once removing the four small screws around the "F430" plate, but you need to remove it and there are two more underneath. So don't get ahead of yourself and start "yanking" on the trim after removing those four screws.

Qavion likes this.