NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 52 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Im sure there are many instances of this. I’m not saying a carbon tub is infallible. Just saying I’ve seen some amazing survival stories.

F2003-GA likes this.
  2. superfluous

superfluous Karting

Oct 4, 2020
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Gabe
    that’s not a really what I’m saying. People are complaining about us losing the V8 and not wanting to move to a V6 hybrid. So I’m asking if they can’t tell the difference between the two without being told it’s a V6 hybrid, will they still care?

Boomhauer and ingegnere like this.
  3. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Ferrari has decided that these models are decidedly downstream from the more classic sport and upper GT models.

I was shocked to see how much less various options are with the Roma. Carbon LED steering wheel is so much cheaper than the F8 or 812 or SF. Interior carbon is less, interior trim options also much less.

I spent 69K in the options for my F8 spider. Had I bought a Roma the same level of options would have been about half that cost.

of2worlds, Napoli, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  4. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    To me Yes and like wise to others No

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    The information that i got was they want to have the Roma/Portofino as the base models and make the price gap bigger between models.

6. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I would be the chief scoffer I don’t like V6’s in my super cars. Love the new Ford GT would never own one because of the V6. Personal issue I know.

7. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    If not for the new Euro 7 Emissions Standard closing in none of these changes from V12’s to V8’s and V8’s to V6’s would have been as highly motivated or likely pursued at all. Not to say forced induction and hybridization doesn’t have it’s performance benefits, but the added weight can only be offset by added power but so much. Handling characteristics of cornering and braking with more mass will be compromised with added battery weight. I’ve heard some top people at McLaren comment that they really do not want to proceed in the hybridization nor fully electric path but there is no choice to remain viable under emissions regulations. The key over time is that the batteries will continue to get more powerful and more importantly lighter. The hope is that the battery tech works harmoniously with the gasoline engine to enhance the experience and emotion, not take it away and make it feel like and electric car. Lots of smart people working to attract all of our dollars at Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche and McLaren - I’m sure they’ll find a way to want us coming back. Eventually, gasoline cars may only be legally allowed to be driven on a track or private property.

8. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    #1283 MalibuGuy, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    I think the plan is to invite new to the brand at a lower price point.
    Then after getting a taste, these customers will be hooked. They will accept the pricing culture and keep buying.

I paid $1500.00 usd for Homelink (Perhaps I secretly enjoy self flagellation. Trying to program your garage to Homelink is the closest thing to a post-traumatic stress disorder experience in a non-combat environment.)

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    100%

SoCal to az and F2003-GA like this.
  10. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I stopped ordering that Option as I never ever was able to program it :)

11. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Since i only drive my car on weekends i did away with garage doors , HATE them. I have sliding glass doors into a pocket and Bifold aluminium shutters behind the glass.

Hence dont have to deal with that option :)

of2worlds and Senna1994 like this.
  12. superfluous

superfluous Karting

Oct 4, 2020
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Gabe
    Why? Why do you hate the V6 so much?

13. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    You know I can't exactly explain it, just that V6's go into Pontiac Grand Prix's, Chevy Cobalts, Ford fusions etc... Just doesn't feel special to me, remember I said it was my issue! I may be crazy!

of2worlds, jm2 and MANDALAY like this.
  14. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Yes...because the damn current V8 sounds like ass. Performs like bat out of hell! But left no room for emotion.
    If they are smart and go the NA + HA route, then the cars can sound brilliant again.

15. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    We will buy you a V8 Camarillo to make you happy.:)

buddyg and Boomhauer like this.
  16. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    The other downside to a Ferrari hybrid is that it takes up a lot of the room which would otherwise be used as storage.

I am sure that the electrical stuff will advance and get more compact. However at the present time doing a hybrid is an expensive and inefficient package.

17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    But they wont

18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Yep the SF 90 has zero room behind the seats. Actually someone 6 foot will have the seat hitting the firewall.

19. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    This is Lamborghini’s plan. NA + Hybrid to retain the sound characteristics and differentiate from what Ferrari and McLaren are doing.

20. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    On a selfish note, I hope Lambo's plan includes making a car I can fit in someday soon.

SoCal to az likes this.
  21. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    And what exactly is wrong with a Pontiac Grand Prix? :rolleyes:

G. Pepper, of2worlds and Senna1994 like this.
  22. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Oh boy well if that's what you like and what you can afford absolutely nothing. But it was never a great car in terms of quality, handling, speed, etc...

jm2 likes this.
  23. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Just teasin.
    I was Chief Designer for several generations of those puppies.
    Whatever.......

stavura, of2worlds, buddyg and 5 others like this.
  24. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    But thats also why they will have always the lowest power / speed.

D11 likes this.
  25. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    They're getting closer with the introduction of the sport seats in the EVO Spyder. I'm just under 6' and it made the difference between success and, well, failure.

I was so excited I went ahead and ordered a STO instead (which is a coupe-only version and fit wss never an issue). But at least I'll get the sport seats.

Those above 6' will struggle in a the rabbit cage aka Spyder regardless. The lack of room compared to a F8 is laughable.

Napoli likes this.