F8 - Finally!!!! Kline came out quietly with their F8 Exhaust | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 Finally!!!! Kline came out quietly with their F8 Exhaust

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by GT2goneF, Jan 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    BTW part 5 is about $3,200 USD at worst if it fails to your expectations it a wasted $6,200

2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Basically a brand new Novitec exhaust...

3. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Maybe so but only if it gets stuffed up But you could try one side first. There are some GREAT exhaust guys out there.

But i would be asking HOW Novitec or anyone else can take care of the electronics. Somehow I highly doubt that will happen but I could be wrong. The whole GPF management without tracing I don't even know if it has its own ECU. If it does that is a start.

If it doesn't and is on the main Engine ECU there is no way any of these aftermarket manufacturers will be able to take care of it without a piggy back.

Bypassing the front engine cars will be so so easy and no issues at all.

4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am not sure how. Like I said, I am no engineer, All I know is that Novitec has a device, named "Techtronic" (which bogs my mind that it isn't included and sold separately) that supposedly prevents the CEL activation. I trust that they know what they are doing. They too have brilliant (German) engineers. So I hope, that it isn't just a way to prevent the CEL from turning on and it is actually a device that controls the ECU with regards to the exhaust and enhances its performance.

carz80am installed a valved Novitec exhaust on his and he is loving it!

Here's the link:
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CG4Ae6mnTmZ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

5. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    The Techtronic plugs into the OBD port and erases the codes before it can be reported to the ECUs....

6. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    That video is awful sounds like the singer needs to be shot and put out of his misery. Can we not just have a video with the actual sound at idle, revving and driving?

mdrums and GT2goneF like this.
  7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Unfortunately not many out there and videos don't do justice anyway. But I have talked to the owner and he says it does sound much nicer than stock and even better than other cars.

8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    So techtronic has to be connected to OBD at all times? That kind of sucks. And it is just a thing to erase the CEL/code before it gets registered? The thing is that you can't be without it.

9. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yes, so a problem when you have to go smog your car for emissions. In AZ not required until the car is 5 years old, if I still have the car by then I’d have to get the ECUs programmed to delete the CEL.

10. Hunter911

Hunter911 Karting

Mar 8, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I spoke with Kline already – their system is considerably less expensive than Novitec. They only have a valved “Valvetronic” rear section and they have 3 cat options (catless/100cell/200cell). All scenarios will require ECU modification or use of a module like Novitec’s Tectronic to clear the CEL’s. Kline should have sound clips up soon.

GT2goneF likes this.
  11. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I would not call that signing... i just watched the video thinking of your reply and was laughing out loud. The entire video is totally stupid!

GT2goneF and MANDALAY like this.
  12. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Dustman making friends among the forced induction crowd again I see...

:)

Ray

GT2goneF likes this.
  13. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Isn’t the F8 engine tuned for and expecting the back pressure created by the GPF’s? If my understanding is correct, Porsche installs a ‘dummy’ non-filtering canister that generates the same back pressure of an actual GPF so that the engine tune does not need to be altered for specific markets.

ouzo12, GT2goneF, mdrums and 2 others like this.
  14. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Seen that but really very little if any information but other than a example how bad back ground sound can force people to close the post.

GT2goneF likes this.
  15. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Dead on Porsche has done great work with regards to the GPF

GT2goneF and mdrums like this.
  16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

In other words still have the GPF ?

17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Question the GPF are still in line ? If so they are the source of the lowered sound compared to a 488 GTB.

If the GPF is removed the ECU still has the program in it to do the regular burn even though petrol temps are higher than Diesel with the DPF.

18. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Can you provide a reference link?

Closest I find is this:

https://www.transportpolicy.net/standard/california-light-duty-emissions/

Particulate Matter Standards – The PM mass emission standard will be tightened under LEV III. The LEV II limit of 10 mg/mi (0.010 g/mi) will apply through model year 2016. Then a 3 mg/mi will be phased in through 2017-2021, and all new vehicles by model year 2021 will certify to the new 3 mg/mi limit (and be allowed an in-use PM compliance standard of 6 mg/mi). Finally, a 1 mg/mi PM standard will be phased in starting in 2025 and applicable for all new model year 2028 light-duty vehicles. The medium duty vehicle PM limits are similarly tightened.

But, current Ferrari 2019 (pre-GPF) V12 already complies:

(see page 3)

https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/sites/default/files/classic//msprog/onroad/cert/pcldtmdv/2019/ferrari_pc_a0400098_6d3-6d5_u3-125.pdf

19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    For new cars, in CA used to be 4 years. But then some brilliant CA pocket picker came up with the brilliant idea to charge us for a "smog abatement fee" every single year and extend it to 8 years. But you are paying the fee from day one. CA @$$#0l3s know how to take money from you.

20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    So you have to "tune" the ECU for it to work with the exhaust, meaning, there goes your warranty. I guess it is easier to take the Techtronic off than to tuen the ECU. What a shame, I was really leaning towards Kline over Novitec.

21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    It was a video for the kids... Not for Ferrari enthusiasts. You know, going after those little hearts on Instagram. I agree they should have focused more on the car and less on the "music" (term used very loosely). However, you can get a little but of the sound on it. It most certainly, does not do justice to the actual sound of the exhaust, according to the owner.

22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I can't recall the exact article and after reading your inquiry, I tried to find it and, like you, I was not successful. I have a feeling it was something unrelated to the actual GPF and just mentioned it. What I can guarantee is that it wasn't that same article you quoted, because your quoted article is quite technical.

I compare this situation to reading that magazine article that you find interesting but the rest sucks and you throw it away not thinking you will ever need it again. Then you look for it and you regret throwing it away.

Now, I won't be able to sleep.

23. Hunter911

Hunter911 Karting

Mar 8, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    No, the the rear section exhaust (muffler) removes the GPF with Kline, Novitec, Boden, and all others I've seen (except the small x-pipe bypass option from FabSpeed).

GT2goneF likes this.
  24. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Correct, the entire muffler assembly which includes the GPF is removed.

GT2goneF likes this.
  25. Hunter911

Hunter911 Karting

Mar 8, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Yes, I've spoken with Kline & Boden and the car will likely need some ECU work to clear the CEL codes (even if you're just doing the rear section, and leaving the stock cats). Apparently the Novitec Tectronic should work with any of these exhausts to eliminate CEL's, but I don't think anyone has actually done this yet so the only verified way to avoid CEL's without a tune is a Novitec exhaust + Tectronic module.

GT2goneF likes this.