812 VS Rumors | Page 141 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    I think this is pretty good guidance. If you haven’t purchased a new V12 from the factory in the past 5 years Ferrari will assume you aren’t a hardcore Ferrari V12 enthusiast and that you are purchasing the 812 VS for profiteering reasons which means you will generally be precluded from an allocation.

2. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    They are inclueded, along others, in one of the criterias mixed with other conditions

stavura, DRYHOLE, Nelsonc275 and 4 others like this.
  3. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Exactly - lots of speculation about never ending demand for Ferrari, but the buyer pool has been seriously dented in past year, and arguably the damage is going to get worse.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Hence why I "speculate" no numbered cars and combined VS and Vs Aperta launch. Ferrari (RACE) need sales and big profits and this C-19 could continue on for a while. best for them to make $$$$ asap

Having said that and off topic I drove the SF90 over the weekend and from a 100% sceptic I became a convert - Its supremely good !!!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  5. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    SF-90 is a no-brainer for me. Just a question of coupe vs spider.

Shack likes this.
  6. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Curious why the “concern” the buyer market has been effected negatively? When is the last time RACE didn’t sell to the dealer network a car they produced? The dealers on the other hand do have new cars on the floor with no buyers that uncertain cases RACE “forced” on the dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX

https://www.ferrari.com/en-US/auto/550-barchetta-pininfarina

The 550 Barchetta Pininfarina was specifically designed to be reminiscent of legendary Ferrari road race stars of the likes of the 166 MM, the 250 GT California and the 365 GTS4 Daytona. The aim, in fact, was to create an open-top front-engined 12-cylinder with a retro feel to it. The 550 Barchetta Pininfarina was designed and developed to be a unique interpretation of Ferrari’s purest and most extreme sports cars. In fact, it was a deliberate and provocative departure from the rest of the current range. As such, it was made available only as a limited edition of just 448, all of which were built in Maranello in 2001. Each car was numbered and its number displayed on a special in-car plaque signed by Sergio Pininfarina.

Sounds like a Version Speciale to me!

Let's compare to the F12tdf:

https://www.ferrari.com/en-US/auto/f12tdf

The F12tdf pays homage to the Tour the France, the legendary endurance road race that Ferrari dominated in the 1950s and 60s. It was a race that rewarded cars that combined maximum performance with the driveability and ease of use that enabled the competitors to race for hundreds of kilometres a day over fast, tortuous roads and on circuits.

The "only" difference is the 550 Barchetta has the same engine as the 550 Maranello, so the engine was not re-worked but Ferrari categorized it very much like they did for the F12tdf.

stavura, Texas2step, paulchua and 6 others like this.
  8. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    Pathetic

9. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    JTSE30 - u do know there is an "ignore" button when u feel your attempts at rational discussion are met with disdain at best and contempt and rudeness at worst

10. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Again you seem to have a very curt and aggressive nature to all those that see things differently. I appreciate you are relatively new to posting and this thread particularly seems to have awoken your passion, going forward it may serve you well on this forum to soften your approach somewhat........ :cool:

11. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Jesus in the F1 section this guy would be history alreadyo_O!

Shack and paulchua like this.
  12. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    From various people I like and respect I’m hearing common things - -
    * VS and Aperta definitely Numbered run...
    *ferrari have the initial and final say on the lists but less dealer ‘swerve ball” wild/cards than previously ...
    *regardless of whether you’ve bought 5 or 10 cars over the last few years , a current V12

stavura, Shack, carlom001 and 3 others like this.
  13. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    ..a current v12 is essential
    * just because you were offered a LAF doesn’t mean you’ll be offered an allocation
    *similarly Icona owners not automatically offered allocation as they will be offered the next iconas 1st
    * coupe and Aperta launch same time
    * contacts start by the weekend
    Now , before anyone Chimes in- be kind ! These are my educated guesstimates only !

stavura, Shack, Lukeylikey and 4 others like this.
  14. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The criterias are meaningfull only if demand exceeds offer - on the other hand, leaking a list of criterias is a good way to support the feeling that demand will exceed the offer, and raising interest (and demand).
    This game was played by Ferrari with the Pista, but we may remember that whereas early deliveries might have been prioritised, eventually anyone wanting a Pista could get one (in the unlikely case some did not, they can get one virtually new now for a discounted price - at least that's where we are in Europe).

ilcapodizurigo likes this.
  15. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    ok troll ... enough. you’re out of line. Your posts are aggressive, you have a clear lack of knowledge, and you’re attacking people on here with a clear ownership history who know more than you do. Marcel has corrected your ignorance at least once. Your posts are inaccurate and you’re spewing nonsense. I understand you have reasons for not sharing your ownership history but it’s clear that you don’t have one. Don’t worry, most people on here will think your Prius counts for something. Don’t let the door hit your ignorant ass on the way out. As one of the younger members on this forum let me give you some advice. It’s okay to disagree but it’s not ok to be obnoxious.

stavura, pingit00, dhari and 12 others like this.
  16. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
  17. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    With current I assume either an 812SF, GTS or Lusso.

Is it regarded if it has been ordered but not yet received?
    How much weight do you think a dealer's input has?

Absolutely, it will be numbered, heard it from dealer and other reputable sources. The lovely and charming Forza says it wont be. Let's see who is right.

Avia11 likes this.
  18. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    I think the buyer pool is doing just fine.

This has been a record breaking year for some dealers in my area, which includes Bentley/Aston and Ferrari.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

JagShergill and Caeruleus11 like this.
  19. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Regarding dealer input, I would not be surprised if there would be a dealer rating from Ferrari that influences how a dealer is listened to by Ferrari (regarding the number and the assignment of allocations).
    A well regarded dealer will get more allocations (proportionnally) for the most sought after models, which will allow him to have more flexibility in the assignment of these allocations.
    The criterias for the dealer rating could be numerous, but I may try and guess some:
    - accurracy of sales predictions
    - compliance with Ferrari sales objectives (not only in numbers, also in product mix)
    - participation in Ferrari racing activities
    - engagement of customers in Ferrari events (Corso Pilota, Tributes, ...)

20. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I believe will be any ‘current’ v12 - 812/GTS/lusso—Not sure Of dealer weight .... I’m assuming that each dealer in Uk will get 1-3 Aperta and 4-5 coupes depending on their size - I doubt the dealer has much say on the Aperta but more leeway in the coupe ....

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Would agree with you! My question is how much impact can a dealer/sales employee have in pushing for individual customers towards the committee which decides the allocations.

22. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Checkmate

23. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    First Question - Yes. I personally have had my "qualifier" car on order but not yet received and that I have been told repeatedly is enough. As for this 812 VS, I have my GTO, Tdf, and Lusso in the garage but understand I also needed an 812 - and that is on order and will not be received until May. I'm told I'm good.

Second Question - A lot more than before - or so I am told. In the past the dealerships have always had a say (for better or worse) and many other Fchatters have talked about games dealers play with regards to qualifier cars. But from what I understand for this car, the dealer has *more* of a say than in the past - but that is just a rumor.

Thecadster, DRYHOLE, ppg70 and 2 others like this.
  24. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    That was originally a requirement for the GTS until it wasn't.

Tommy Boy likes this.
  25. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Multiple reports on you for being combative and trolling. 7 day ban from this thread.

stavura, pingit00, TOOLFAN and 18 others like this.