C8 CORVETTE | Page 47 | FerrariChat

C8 CORVETTE

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by BJK, Jan 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Yes, I've seen the orange.
    It is brilliant and really 'lights up' in the sun.
    Not sure what was meant by how the camera perceives the color.
    It's not a color for 'shrinking violets'. Very bold choice like the C8 yellow.

Edward 96GTS likes this.
  2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    With these comments on light and color there was a new C8 in the museum delivery hall the other day that was pale yellow. They took the car outside and it was still pale yellow and loaded the new C8 into a trailer for the trip home. Looked nothing like the Accelerate Yellow...

jm2 likes this.
  3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    My company makes a lot of Halloween decoration stuff. To me Orange and Black always means "Halloween". I'm stuck with it forever!

of2worlds, Edward 96GTS and jm2 like this.
  4. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    My Vette and Mustang racecars were are Orange/blk. But my future C8 I just can't decide. I like the muted business of bronze metallic and the in your face of Ford Blue, the TdF look of Elkhart Lake blue, but these cars look great in Artic White too. Has anyone weighed the LT1 cars vs. the LT3 cars? I also have a hard time between going LT3 streetcar and LT1 making more trackcar. I love 1st world problems...

Nativetroy and VAF84 like this.
  5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  6. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    john, have you seen red mist in person and do you see the orange highlights?

7. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Yes there are several company cars near me with that color.
    In direct sunlight, there are orange highlights, but I would never call that color orange. It's a rich red to my eye.

8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Three weeks and 9000 miles in a C8. A circle tour of America.

9. He got pulled over around 6.20.

10. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    any pix of aftermarket carbon fiber front splitter and side skirts?
    source and prices?

11. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    The size of the rear quarter is minimized with the metallic red. That color really brings out all the different surfaces on the rear fender.
    It is a great color for the car.

Boomhauer and of2worlds like this.
  12. lambchop

lambchop Karting

Apr 29, 2005
  13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Well, it helps if they don't have the Z51 wing too.

14. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    The z51 high wing is a good compliment. Now aftermarket in any color or combination.

15. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    Well my Move Over Law ticket finally made it into the Tennessee system after 5 weeks of waiting. The price of the ticket is $182.50, not the $500 max I was worried about, so just sent a check rather than hiring a lawyer to fight it. Did ask the gal on the phone about getting a deferred adjudication, but she had no clue about what that is.

After having the car for 5 weeks now, it just keeps getting better. I have saved several gps locations for the front end lift to automatically raise the car, and it works every time. Took it to a Ferrari Club event yesterday, and she looked like she belonged amongst the Ferrari's and a Lambo. Looking forward to the Z06 announcement possibly next month. We are on that list as well.

k wright, pdxjim488 and DRYHOLE like this.
  16. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

I didn't think anyone could accept deposits on the Z06 until it was formally announced? I planned to put down a deposit assuming it had the FPC motor in it.

17. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    The same Dealer I bought the C8 through, started a list for the Z06, and no deposit required yet. So I guess it's an unofficial list, but they stood by my original MSRP pricing, so hoping they will follow through on this as well.

18. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Awesome, I guess I need to start figuring out where I'll order from. I have high hopes for the Z06. I think it's going to have all the right stuff!

DIGMAN52 likes this.
  19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I haven't tried yet. I'm waiting for confirmation on the engine and the looks. They are the only two things I'm interested in. If its uglified I won't buy one. No normally aspirated twin cam flat plane crank and I'm out.

docapl likes this.
  20. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Same, although I expect to be good on the looks. In the past I've consistently liked the Grand Sport/Z06 packages. I feel like they always address the short comings (or at least my perceived issues) of the base design. A little more edgy, wheels better match the size of the car, a little wider, etc. Same with the turbo's, I'm hoping it's NA and indications so far are that's the case. If so, I may not need a 458, I'll get this and keep my F430.

21. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The F430 (I had a spider) was IMO more fun to drive than the 458. The 458 is a better car but the F430 is more organic and less software.

The C8 is all software too but its more of an everyday GT than either. So I might agree with that decision. Still I won't jump to Z06 unless the bar is made.

boxerman and VAF84 like this.
  22. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Streethunter just released a front lip

23. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  24. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    was the z51 rear spoiler wind tunnel tested and exactly what does it do?
    foot pounds of downforce?
    here is a nice rear spoiler courtesy of midengine corvette forum. doubtful the spoiler was tunnel tested.

Attached Files: