F12 exhaust | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F12 exhaust

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by tobymax, Jan 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RogGT-R

RogGT-R Karting

Jul 20, 2020
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Roger B
    Ok, Apologies for hijacking the thread but hopefully it is in context! I think (think) I have narrowed it down to the best compromise between noise/cost and minimizing warranty risk:

- 200 Cell Cat replacement
    - X Pipe
    - Valve Controller
    - Retain OEM Back Boxes
    - Stainless Steel not Inconel as frankly weight saving isn't the primary goal and cost is 40% higher it appears

Therefore, our options are and am looking for best balance of quality (pipes and Cats of course) against cost. No being tight but frankly it's two tubes of metal and some Cats.

Exhaust and X Pipe (200 Cell) - must be OEM fit and no ECU flags/lights etc and pass MOT.
    - Kline
    - Brookes Racing Exhausts (do they do Stainless however)?
    - Innotech (IPE)
    - Fabspeed
    - Have I missed any?
    - Deliberately ignoring Novitec as significantly more expensive for seemingly little value gain unless I am to be corected?

Valve Controller:
    - Forza
    - Capristo

I am UK based so if anyone knows who has great lockdown deals going (I live in Central London) or any thoughts on relative sound comparisons between the above that would be most useful. I have spent hours on You Tube and all videos appear to be straight pipes, people revving in garages (useless) or short shifting at 6K (also useless). Perhaps my searching is just awful :)

Thanks you all kindly in advance and hope this also helps OP as seems a similar quandary.

2. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Hi

A few thoughts
    - You mention warranty risk. I'm pretty sure replacing the cats is fairly high risk as far as losing your warranty goes. Each dealer is different and most seem to accept replacement back boxes (and maybe x pipes) but by changing the cats you are altering back pressure on the engine etc. I guess you could ask your dealer before doing it, to be sure?
    - Yes, BRE do both Iconel and stainless. They did 200 cell cats for my 812 GTS in stainless a few weeks ago. Very happy with the service I got from Eddy.
    - I would add Capristo to the list. Good quality, reasonable price. Agree that Novitec is not worth the cost for x pipes and cats (I would say it IS worth the money for the rear boxes, FYI. I have them on my 812 GTS)
    - You mention sound differences. I think when you're discussing X pipes and sports cats, the sound difference is marginal at best. It's rear boxes which have different sound characteristics based on the shape of mufflers, materials used, etc.

I would call Eddy at BRE first off, he knows his stuff.

Hope that helps

Karl

3. RogGT-R

RogGT-R Karting

Jul 20, 2020
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Roger B
    Thanks Karl, helps enormously and warranty is a concern as that's a large bill if something goes pop ;-)

Appreciate tip on Eddy and I know they have a great reputation.

Car is in for service tomorrow HR Owen London so will ask their on and off record guidance. I suspect I know the party line!

Cheers

Rog.

4. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Larini ?

5. Cavallino Nero Rampante

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    ST
    I'm not sure you would qualify Fi Exhaust on your list, but it hands down has the coolest physical controller (scroll down) and it also has one (App) that you can control with your iPhone. Let us know what you go with and best of luck.

6. ThankfulGuy

ThankfulGuy Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marc Freeman
    I chose Capristo... 200cell with valved muffler.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. rarisauce

rarisauce Rookie

Jan 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Hornghsu Chen
    I will choose iPE. They made the V12 engine sounds like a F1 car.

ThankfulGuy likes this.
  8. SkipperAndre

SkipperAndre Rookie

Mar 15, 2017
    Hello,

I am in process of ordering a IPE exhaust, planning muffler and x-pipe.

Does anyone have some thoughts on;

1. Titanium or steel?

2. Remote control or no remote. My installer recommend no remote and hook everything up to existing system, ie do not override the open/closed valve position, but let OEM system control it. He claims that you may get CEL if you open/close the valves when not supposed to ...?

Appreciate any feedback

Brads Andre